Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Stretch Goals

Uhh.. next stretch goal is… dismemberment at 615k. I uh… hope this is visual affect only and hope there is an option to turn it off.

Moving into more bright news, there is a good update on Lich mythic path lore:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/2749839

Also, more social goals are unlocked and now we have haircut and beard style pack!

Hm. Interesting. Stretch goal description doesnt sound to me as being just visual thing as they use words system and feature. I wander if dismemberment is actual mechanic in PnP Pathfinder.

Neither stretch goal makes me really thrilled and mounted combat and dismemberment makes me rather worried then otherwise. Hope they can keep
implementing of these features under control...

Hm. Interesting. Stretch goal description doesnt sound to me as being just visual thing as they use words system and feature. I wander if dismemberment is actual mechanic in PnP Pathfinder.

Neither stretch goal makes me really thrilled and mounted combat and dismemberment makes me rather worried then otherwise. Hope they can keep
implementing of these features under control…

Yeah, I'm not keen on both mounted combat and dismemberment.

I hope dismemberment is optional feature. I suppose I can warm up to mounted combat if I can ride on Owlbear with Headchomper on its head.

On the bright side, people suspect next stretch goal is +2 mythic paths!

@screeg; XCOM Apocalypse had a turn based and real time with pause mode. It was enjoyable enough. I switched to real time when I wanted to find the last alien. Just set to max speed for the last alien, who will try to ambush my troops, and make sure they are all positioned together in a kill zone. Alien dead and I don't waste an hour in turn based mode.

I actually personally think of Apocalypse as a game where the attempt to create both turn based and real time resulted in a game that was unsatisfying in both. But I think games do a better job these days. Any game based on d&d is going to be particularly easy to make a turn based mode for because that’s how the rules were intended to be in the first place.

I actually personally think of Apocalypse as a game where the attempt to create both turn based and real time resulted in a game that was unsatisfying in both.
Exactly. Thank you. Anyone here ever play Arcanum?

Omg, I just realised someone pledged $10,000US - the highest tier. Someone must be a big fan (and rich!)

Maybe she will. One of the social goal rewards is a cameo from PF: Kingmaker

I guess that could make sense if WotR was set BEFORE Kingmaker. Which it isn't....

Well for those who know how it ended ... it would be possible for her to show up in WOTR in a way.

Well for those who know how it ended … it would be possible for her to show up in WOTR in a way.

Not in any sensible way in my opinion, given the PC is a different person. There would be far better and easier choices for a cameo.

Well ...

If someone were to come across her as a book in some place I would consider that perfectly reasonable.

I am not sure when WOTR takes place though. Linzi could be around a very long time in book format and could end up traveling to who knows where.

So to me seems as logical and possible as anything else that happens in such a fantasy world.

That being said I wasn't suggesting it *WILL* be Linzi only that it would be possible and I still think it would very suitable. For me anyhow I see no dissonance with the idea at all. To me it would fit right in. But that is my own opinion of course.

As for others - most I wouldn't care too much but I suppose one of the other companions would be interesting. But I also don't know the time span or difference.

For me anyhow I see no dissonance with the idea at all. To me it would fit right in. But that is my own opinion of course.

4710 AR = Start of Kingmaker
4713 AR = Start of Wrath of the Righteous

That is the reason I think it is unlikely, it is less than a year since the end of Kingmaker to when the invasion starts. One would assume that means the PC from Kingmaker would of died in that period and Linzi must have made "her" way to the WorldWound from the Stolen lands in less than a year (possible but unlikely). Of course the writers could come up with some elaborate story to explain it all away but I think it would be reaching.

Note: I am basing this on the fact that the PC from Kingmaker doesn't make an appearance, if he/she does then the likely-hood of your scenario increases significantly :) I think it would be stretching the AP if the King of the Stolen lands becomes part of the storyline but if there is a stretch goal to import your kingmaker save into Wrath then I will certainly eat my hat :)

Last edited:
Note: I am basing this on the fact that the PC from Kingmaker doesn't make an appearance, if he/she does then the likely-hood of your scenario increases significantly :) I think it would be stretching the AP if the King of the Stolen lands becomes part of the storyline but if there is a stretch goal to import your kingmaker save into Wrath then I will certainly eat my hat :)

I want to see my Queen in WotR!!!

4710 AR = Start of Kingmaker
4713 AR = Start of Wrath of the Righteous

That is the reason I think it is unlikely, it is less than a year since the end of Kingmaker to when the invasion starts. One would assume that means the PC from Kingmaker would of died in that period and Linzi must have made "her" way to the WorldWound from the Stolen lands in less than a year (possible but unlikely). Of course the writers could come up with some elaborate story to explain it all away but I think it would be reaching.

Ah okay, yea I am completely off here! I re-track my argument - I should have checked the dates but I was lazy :p Anyhow yea it would be very unlikely in that case unless the cameo is from the king and brings Linzi with him.

For anyone that is interested, all the Pathfinder AP's take place in the Age of Lost Omen's (4606-Present) and the year the AP is released directly corresponds to where it sits in the timeline. The current year is 4720 AR which you can figure out by adding 2700 to the current real date i.e. 2020. Kingmaker was released 10 years ago so it is 4710 AR. Note: if your pathfinder group is playing the AP's with a delay then the date of the AP simply gets adjusted to the date you started the campaign (normally). The intent is that all the AP's are played in order they are released, which is the primary reason why AP's don't tend to share npc's (apart from very famous ones) is so they "can" be played in any order.

Back
Top Bottom