Kingmaker - Tavern Party Trailer

I found an app for it, but there are so many options it's hard to get a grip on (which is actually a good thing). Guess I'll just have to play the game. And restart it frequently.

You need to check the Paizo sub-section (in both core and base classes) and a few of the game archetypes are not there or use different names.

Also, some stuff is a bit backward. For example, the base Monk in Kingmaker is the Unchained version, but one of the archetype you can pick is the core (chained) version.

There is also this website which is Pathfinder only, so less unrelated stuff.

Can you separate your party in this game (i.e. have 1 party-member enter a building alone to scout it), or do all party-members have to be on the same screen?

Also, how does stealth work? Is it similar to the IE games?

Sorry, again, I'm not the best person to answer but…

From memory, I don't think there are many occasions (if at all) you can enter a building separately.

I hardly ever used stealth because I keep getting detected (I don't have a pure rogue in the party). If you use stealth, the movement slows down. From my experience, if any enemies are facing your way, you get detected straight away when you are within their line of sight. If you use invisibility potion, you can sneak around in normal speed and can avoid detection even if enemy is facing your way providing you pass the perception check.

EDIT: Again, I think my stealth experience wasn't great since I didn't have pure rogue in the party. I'm guessing stealth will get better as you level up more. I did scout from afar on a few occasions - it does help in a sense you get some ideas of where to avoid or how many enemies you will be facing.

Last edited:
Are there dedicated stealth sections? For example, in PoE2 there are areas where you can trigger an alarm if you're detected, which turns everybody hostile and spawns guards.

Can you separate your party in this game (i.e. have 1 party-member enter a building alone to scout it), or do all party-members have to be on the same screen?

Also, how does steath work? Is it similar to the IE games?

I know when I play D&D with my friends, whenever people split the party, there are many gruesome deaths.

If you use stealth, the movement slows down. From my experience, if any enemies are facing your way, you get detected straight away when you are within their line of sight. If you use invisibility potion, you can sneak around in normal speed and can avoid detection even if enemy is facing your way providing you pass the perception check.

That's inline with the pathfinder ruleset for the stealth skill. Even "hide in plain sight" requires being in low light or the observer to be distracted.

I know when I play D&D with my friends, whenever people split the party, there are many gruesome deaths.

Yeah, I don't think I ever engaged in combat with a split party in the IE games. I just liked that you could enter a building, etc, with just one character if you wanted to. At least you could in BG 1&2. Iirc, you couldn't do it in IWD or PST. For whatever reason, those games required all the party members to always be on the same screen.

I'd have my thief (usually Imoen) enter somewhere while stealthed to scout it out before sending the rest of my party in. I also had a lot of fun in the city using her as a cat burglar while the rest of the party waited outside.

Back
Top Bottom