Anthem - VIP Demo Announced

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
MP1st reports that the just announced Anthem VIP demo will be exclusive to pre-order buyers.

The Anthem VIP demo will be available on January 25, 2019 on all platforms (PS4, Xbox One, PC), and those who join in the super early access can also expect an in-game item that celebrates "their trailblazing spirit." Those who'd rather wait, the open demo can be experienced on February 1, 2019, and will be open to all without any pre-orders.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Meh who cares. Moving on now.:movingon:

(Yes it a pointless reply and a waste of your time reading it.)

Last edited:
I don't think these guys understand the purpose of a demo. It's supposed to be a way for people who have not bought the game to get a hands-on sense of what it is like. A 'demo' restricted to people who already bought the game isn't really a demo, it's early access.

I don't think these guys understand the purpose of a demo. It's supposed to be a way for people who have not bought the game to get a hands-on sense of what it is like. A 'demo' restricted to people who already bought the game isn't really a demo, it's early access.
https://www.ea.com/games/anthem/news/anthem-vip-demo

This isn't just called a "Demo", it's called a "VIP Demo", which I suppose means a Demo but only for VIPs. (Which, in this case, is people who pre-ordered?) That seems fair enough to me, I don't think there's a beef to be had with that terminology.

A week later, the "Open Demo" opens that anyone can participate in.

That said, not sure why this game is even being still covered here, at least to this degree. It's no RPG.

https://www.ea.com/games/anthem/news/anthem-vip-demo

This isn't just called a "Demo", it's called a "VIP Demo", which I suppose means a Demo but only for VIPs. (Which, in this case, is people who pre-ordered?) That seems fair enough to me, I don't think there's a beef to be had with that terminology.

A week later, the "Open Demo" opens that anyone can participate in.

That said, not sure why this game is even being still covered here, at least to this degree. It's no RPG.

Now I am on a PC but yesterday when I repleid to another post about anthem I was on the phone and it is annoying to write long texts.

I tired the alpha this weekend and it is a DISASTER, I'm breaking the NDA because pleople needs to know it, crashes a LOT, but a hell lot, but nonsense crashes, once you can't open it for a directx error, try again and you can, to later crash when you try to fly…. or get a directx error when you chage the options, and quests are repetitive, most boring tutorial in my life

And no rpg, it is as much an rpg as destiny is, even melee and grenades are skills and have a cooldown

I can't tell about the story because ALL cutscenes crashed 5 seconds after staritng, so I had to skip all of them…

Feel free ask, but you won't get any good comment from me

Not sure if you broke NDA. It's an early build thus of course it'll be buggy and crash a lot. And we already knew it's Destiny clone from articles and vids so stating it's repetitive chorefest is nothing new. If you were saying quests aren't meaningless but exciting and fun, well that would be something unexpected and as such a definite NDA breach. ;)

I tired the alpha this weekend and it is a DISASTER, I'm breaking the NDA because pleople needs to know it, crashes a LOT, but a hell lot, but nonsense crashes, once you can't open it for a directx error, try again and you can, to later crash when you try to fly…. or get a directx error when you chage the options, and quests are repetitive, most boring tutorial in my life

I didn't know Pirate Bay had NDAs. ;)

Now I am on a PC but yesterday when I repleid to another post about anthem I was on the phone and it is annoying to write long texts.

And no rpg, it is as much an rpg as destiny is, even melee and grenades are skills and have a cooldown

I can't tell about the story because ALL cutscenes crashed 5 seconds after staritng, so I had to skip all of them…

Feel free ask, but you won't get any good comment from me

What did you mean by " confined" world..like Dragon Age: trees/artificial barriers?

Not sure if you broke NDA. It's an early build thus of course it'll be buggy and crash a lot.
It's really not all that early though. Game is due to be out in 10 weeks, and between now and then is Christmas/New Years which means a lot less than 10 weeks actual work time.

Maybe it'll be delayed again, I can't see BioWare signing up for a Fallout 76 style disaster. Unless EA forces them, I guess.

It's really not all that early though. Game is due to be out in 10 weeks, and between now and then is Christmas/New Years which means a lot less than 10 weeks actual work time.

Maybe it'll be delayed again, I can't see BioWare signing up for a Fallout 76 style disaster. Unless EA forces them, I guess.
With EA stock prices falling and investor's not happy well…they might.:biggrin:

Hope they do release a buggy game so I laugh at another PR disaster from EA.

Hope they do release a buggy game so I laugh at another PR disaster from EA.
Hell yeah, if Anthem gives us even a fraction of the entertainment that the Fallout 76 disaster did, then that's gonna be something to be thankful for.

and those who join in the super early access can also expect an in-game item that celebrates "their trailblazing spirit."They can give whatever they want,wont be buying this game.....

Hell yeah, if Anthem gives us even a fraction of the entertainment that the Fallout 76 disaster did, then that's gonna be something to be thankful for.
Well we don't have to wait as EA just leaked customer info like Bethesda.:lol:

What did you mean by " confined" world..like Dragon Age: trees/artificial barriers?

EXactly, high mountains, walls, things like that, block you, you are forced to change between llittle areas via caves and tunnels.

Not sure if you broke NDA. It's an early build thus of course it'll be buggy and crash a lot. And we already knew it's Destiny clone from articles and vids so stating it's repetitive chorefest is nothing new. If you were saying quests aren't meaningless but exciting and fun, well that would be something unexpected and as such a definite NDA breach. ;)

But I tried many betas, I play a lot of them, and never I had played one as bad as this one... and 2 months away from release.... it had been september I had said, well ok, they have time, but december? no way.

The build used in the alpha was 5 weeks old apparently, so 15 weeks. Devs have commented on certain issues people were having and said those were already fixed in more recent builds too.

Back
Top Bottom