D:OS 212 hours???

Divinity: Original Sin

CelticFrost

SasqWatch
I was going through what games I have, trying to figure out what to play next and noticed Steam has me clocked with 212 hours on D:OS. I know I completed back when it was first released and started a second play through. I gave up on the second play through as it was to soon to fully enjoy again.

WOW I knew I spent a lot of time doing everything and refighting some fights just to see if I could them even better. I didn't know I put that many hours into it, I am sure a few of them are when it first came out me falling asleep playing it.

Has to be, yes. From start to finish it's probably about 50 hours or so. I completed it twice in about a month, and that was far from non-stop playing. It's significantly smaller in scope than DA: I, Skyrim etc.

Of course it's "smaller". There is no endless trashmobs filler to waste your time.

It's also smaller in that it's four medium sized areas and not ten massive ones. A quick comparison of the two worlds, without putting a single NPC or monster in, should be enough to tell anyone that the scope is vastly different.

I put 70 hours in my first playthrough and didn't do everything. For the number of maps, this is a rather long game.

You probably did close to everything. There are actually very few optional fights, and fighting is the only time consuming activity in the game (except hunting for tiny switches I guess).

I completed it twice and I was surprised by how linear it really is.

I was a beta tester and I played the Cyseal area so many times that I just can't force myself to go back. I tried a month or so ago, and it was just too dull. I find DKS to be a far superior experience in all ways, but that's just me.

BTW, I think I have 240 hours logged in the beta. I'd have to look when I get home. That's why it is dull for me, because I played the one area so much :)

Back
Top Bottom