Last Remnant

Nope, no grinding required. Believe me, I uninstall any game where grinding is required as I hate it with a passion, yet I finished this game no problem. There are some optional bosses that are super-hard and I skipped, but they are optional bosses.

Optional bosses… Man, I wasn't talking about no quest related rare pokemon that appear on random dice rolls and in NG+, I'm talking about actual sidequests.

I'll chew my balls off if you've beaten this sidequest without grinding:
http://lastremnant.wikia.com/wiki/The_Fallen_(Quest)

We talked about this one before, and both Zloth and me posted some general game hints in the old Fluent's thread. Here are excerpts about this particular one:
Finished the game.
Solved all quests except The Fallen (I just couldn't force myself into grinding) and that automatically means I couldn't solve the semifinal quest (there is a quest that unlocks only if you solve all previous quests).

Checked the wiki, Zloth is right, only the last boss scales depending on quests you did through the game. More quests you solve, less tricky this boss will be.
There is no good, bad and perfect ending, whatever you do, the story will close the same way.

I do like The Fallen, though. It gave me a reason to actually play the game a second time. A big reason, in fact. I went through the whole first two thirds of the game with that battle in mind. Finishing it was a heck of a victory!

Optional bosses… Man, I wasn't talking about no quest related rare pokemon that appear on random dice rolls and in NG+, I'm talking about actual sidequests.

We talked about this one before, and both Zloth and me posted some general game hints in the old Fluent's thread. Here are excerpts about this particular one:

Don't remember, I played too long ago, all I know is that I didn't grind and finished the game just fine.

You better find some REALLY good BBQ sauce, Joxer.

I didn't grind for that one at all in either of the two play-throughs where I beat it. No exploiting land worms or Bela Gi, either. All I did was make very sure that I used the Hexes art as often as I could so I had multiple characters that were able to do Cachexia before I went over the mountain.

Beating that the first time through the game when you don't know what you're doing or what's coming sounds pretty unlikely without grinding but, if you've read up on HOW to grind, then you could have just as easily read up on how to beat The Fallen and done it without the grinding.

Cachexia has to be one of the most blatantly over powered moves in a video game that I've ever witnessed. Having one makes fighting basically trivial, I had two casters that would use it, and the monsters basically never knew what hit them. If I ever replay the game, I'll either skip that skill entirely or just have one bloke that can do it.

I've had it for some time, but never even started it. Who to take for truth on this matter: Joxer or Wolfing&Zloth? ( sounds like a good name for one of those family diners …come and try our world famous omelets at Wolfing and Zloth!)

I've had it for some time, but never even started it. Who to take for truth on this matter: Joxer or Wolfing&Zloth? ( sounds like a good name for one of those family diners …come and try our world famous omelets at Wolfing and Zloth!)

Maybe both. Our definitions of 'grinding required' are different I think. To me a game doesn't require grinding if I can finish the story without grinding. To him it seems everything in the game should be beatable without grinding. All I know is that I didn't grind and finished the game, and that's my definition of not required grinding.

Maybe both. Our definitions of 'grinding required' are different I think.
True. The very moment I feel bored for the first time on repeating something (doesn't have to be just respawns, can be minigames or dialogues too) I call it grind. Your treshold where you'd admit something is grind is much higher than mine.

If I ever replay the game, I'll either skip that skill entirely or just have one bloke that can do it.
Or get it and then turn the skill off. You can turn it back on again as deemed appropriate.

While it is hugely strong, I don't think it's the strongest thing in the game. Those "synergy" powers are massive.

Back
Top Bottom