Personal things you don't need to know

No, I'm not back.

But I listened to the joxer - deleting myself was the wrong strategy. So I've recreated myself, but as the 13th JDR predicted with a new identity.

I still need to take a break. Not from the watch per se, but from the internet. While I as a retiree have all the time that I want, I've realised that aimless surfing (and "facebooking") for hours is not the best way to spend my days. So, I've decided to, for the moment, only access the web when I actually need it for specific (rational) purposes (and above all, not use my phone for surfing).

I will be back, but (with possibly a handful of exceptions) not this side of new year's eve.

Sorry for the drama.

a pibbur who wishes all watchers a merry christmas.

PS.
screen_time.png

DS.

PS2. FYI: Since I will be away a couple of months, and probably not log on, any friendship requests will for the moment most likely be unanswered. DS.

Last edited:
Merry (early) Christmas to you too, pibbur!! Take care and do come back to say hi again :)

Last edited:
You are absolutely right Pibbur. I would know what to do when I'm retired, especially in that beautiful country of yours. That and fancy nights out to the Opera :)
I know just what you're talking about Pib.

All the best :)
Wait, are you retired too?

Great to hear from you Pibs, but you do realise that while the 'traditional' Christmas has yet to come, the REAL Christmas has already passed. I have a YT video from a few years ago explaining this which you know how to find!! :)

I pop in now and again, and the "Personal things you don't need to know" thread is one I keep an eye on, as sometimes it contains Personal things I do need to know.

Pleased to see Pibbur regenerated, as is his way, and that it's just a lifestyle hack after a spot of internet fever.

Now, I've left my rock halfway up my hill, so I shall leave you crazy cats alone again for a spell.

Went to see Dream Theater last Tuesday. Here's the band with your's truly (number three from the left, the one with the guitar:

picture.php

Also got my guitar signed:
picture.php

a pibbur who was very happy with the concert, especially when they played the entire Scenes From a Memory album.

PS. As I said, I did enjoy the concert; even if James LaBrie had significant problems. He's definitely not the best live vocalist, but I think that his voice is great and essential on the albums. And since I mostly listen to the albums…. DS.

Last edited:
I had an MRI examination of my neck a couple of weeks ago. I had discovered some difficulties lifting my leftie upper arm. Specifically, the deltoid muscle was paretic (meaning that it was weakened, but not completely paralyzed). In addition there was some (not severe) shoulder pain, and occasional tingling in the left arm.

So, my GP ordered an MRI, and this is what they found:

picture.php

The left image is a longitudinal section taken from the side, and you can clearly see that the intervertebral discs betweenf the third and fourth cervical vertebra and below are protruding backwards, to some degree pressing on the spinal choird (the grey thingy). But that's not a particular significant find, and not enough to explain the symptoms.

The culprit is visible in the right image, which is a transversal section. between the 4rth and 5th vertebra. On the left side you can see that the opening out from the spinal canal (marked with an arrow) is very narrow, compared to the other side. This is exactly where the nerve roots supporting my left deltoid leave the spinal chord. This is caused by ostearthritis in the area, a sign that I'm growing old.

So, now we know why. And we also know what to do with it: Nothing. They (the neurosurgeons) could operate, but they (the neurosurgeons) won't operate. Except for the weakening of my left shoulder, the condition doesn't affect me much (no pain now), so, the risk of complications clearly exceeds the possible benefits of surgery.

For the record, I had a similar condition in the lower spinal canal a few years ago., This affected my walking (silly walk), and because of that they (the neurosurgeons) decided that an operation would be beneficial. And it turned out that indeed it was.

a pibbur who after this may have difficulties placing suitcases on the shelves above seats in trains, but is not much troubled by it

PS. If any of you get confused by me referring to the left opening, when it's clearly to the right side in the image: 1) We always refer to right and left from the perspective of the patient. 2) We look at transverse sections from below. DS.

Last edited:
That's quite interesting, and, at the same time, a damn nuisance. But glad to hear it's nothing too sinister.

I think Pibs greatest concern might be offering to surrender to the police if he can't get his hands up in the air!! :p :) Glad to hear it's nothing super serious.

Back
Top Bottom