BAMN - 2D RPG for Windows

tgramsus

Traveler
Hey guys, I'm looking for some feedback on a RPG that I've been working on.

BAMN is a 2D rpg developed in c++/SDL for Windows. It features 12 dungeons, 3 side quests and 2 small towns.

Some of the game features:

* Trigger additional round actions by meeting battle requirements. These can include having certain combinations of status effects or the current the status of the team.

* Scroll system to enhance character stats and abilities.

* No items can be used in battle or the menu. There are no heal potions, etc. You have to use your abilities to manage your team. There's a Charge ability to regain MP points in battle. Defending in battle makes you invulnerable to status effects and speeds up their removal once you are inflicted with one. Since there are no usable items, there's also no sales people and new inventory can only be gained by advancing in the story.

* There are no towns in the game. There's technically 2, but not in the traditional sense. They have no inns, no sale stores, etc.

You can download the game from IndieDB:
BAMN Download

Just unzip and run.

2 screenshots:
Swamp_Camp.png

Swamp_Battle.png

All feedback is appreciated.

Hey guys, I uploaded Version 4.16 of BAMN. The update includes a lot of modifications based on player feedback.

• More than 10 new battle spell animations.
  • The first 3 dungeons have been re-balanced.
  • Visual adjustments to the Green Forest scenes.
  • Show all the party members on the map in the first scene so the player knows what characters are in his party.
  • ENTER key can now be used as the confirm key in the Menu and Options screens.
  • Various bug fixes.

You can disable random battles by pressing the 7 key.

You can download the game from Gamejolt or IndieDB.

You can also follow the game @bamn_game.

All feedback is appreciated.

BAMN Version 4.54

Hello everyone. I recently uploaded version 4.54 of BAMN. This update includes new battle spell animations, items and scrolls.

Here are some images of the Meteor spell:
Meteor_01.png

Meteor_02.png

Meteor_03.png

Any feedback is appreciated.

The spell animations and attack poses for the characters look pretty cool in the screenshots. Might I suggest adding a video to your Indie DB and Game Jolt pages though? I think it's a lot easier to get the feel of a game from a video as opposed to still images.

I don't like the whole of it.
And the reason is simple. Thousands of HP points.

Are we running a party of (un)usuals who need to strategize on their victory or it's a bunch of bulletsponge bosses?

A friendly suggestion - grab a nasty nitpicker annoying friend to redo the "ruleset" (just not Josh Sawyer pls) and continue on the rest of it yourself as it all looks promising.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the feedback. I was finally able to release the game on Steam.

Thank you everyone for the interest and I would appreciate all feedback.

Back
Top Bottom