|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Divinity Games » Divinity Original Sin 2 » The most important question - difficulty

Default The most important question - difficulty

September 25th, 2017, 16:07
I didn't have it set to cloud savea but I rarely usw default locations or my OS drive.
Will buy another drive when I'm back from work trip and see what I've lost.
Shift happens

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

September 26th, 2017, 13:20
Originally Posted by Drithius View Post
For the record, the saves are indeed located on the OS drive by default:
C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2\PlayerProfiles\xxx\Savegames

At least on Win7; don't see it being any different in latter Windows versions.
Well the saves are located in your 'My documents' folder, which by default is in your boot drive, but in my case I changed the 'My documents' location to my HDD long ago so my saves are located there without me changing anything in game. But if you haven't changed your 'My documents' location then yes, it'll go to the boot drive.

wolfing

Dalek SasqWatch

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

September 28th, 2017, 21:34
Interesting thread. I've read some comments that parts of the game are so hard you kind of have to cheese your way through them. Sounds like bad encounter design. But games like these have so many variables.

Ovenall

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

September 28th, 2017, 22:00
"Cheese" is relative

'Hence to fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting'. Winning is therefore only relevant if battle was inevitable.

I don't consider clearing the battlefield prior or segregating enemies or party members cheese. All part of the battle. Granted i do wish theft mechanics related to objects being stacked around a mob. Like the ai says "wtf man stop trying to trap me in a barrel box"

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

September 28th, 2017, 22:06
I do love the fact that other than pre battle setupbthe AI can cheese you too.
Although never had one chicken tendon rupture me.

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

September 29th, 2017, 00:50
Originally Posted by Ovenall View Post
Interesting thread. I've read some comments that parts of the game are so hard you kind of have to cheese your way through them. Sounds like bad encounter design. But games like these have so many variables.
In tactician (hard) you very probably have to cheese one way or another. In Normal difficulty I haven't had to cheese anything (and doubt I'll have to cheese anything later).

wolfing

Dalek SasqWatch

September 29th, 2017, 01:08
Cheesing a battle does feel cheap, but sometimes it is fun to beat a huge mob with 1 charcater.
--
Ash of Gods - a turn-based RPG featuring Roguelike storytelling aimed at risks that TRUELY affect the gameplay and an extensive online PvP mode!
We've set up our Steam store page - you can add the game to your wishlist to get notified upon its release.

Sneaky_seal

Watchdog

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

September 29th, 2017, 04:44
Originally Posted by wolfing View Post
In tactician (hard) you very probably have to cheese one way or another. In Normal difficulty I haven't had to cheese anything (and doubt I'll have to cheese anything later).
Promise you won't?
Can't wait till you meet The Doctor on the 4th island.

Hint: surprise attack is the best defense (no, I don't have rogue in my party)
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)

September 29th, 2017, 08:51
Cheesing happened for me in tactician mode only for the 'optional' battles like Alice. But, I have also heard than those fights were hard in normal or easy mode too..
Until now fights related to the main quests could be won. Not easily, not without tears, but you can manage somehow

Aerth

Mentioned: Post(s)

September 29th, 2017, 10:32
I completed the game in tactician mode with a one source point limit today.

Damian

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

+1:

September 29th, 2017, 11:07
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Promise you won't?

Actually beat him legitimately, but only because I got flattened the first time and came back at around level 21 or so. By far the hardest fight in the game.

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Maylander

September 29th, 2017, 11:59
So far the fight I had to cheese was against the voidwalker ambush in chapter 1. Had no recent save and it was a bit higher level when ambush caught me off guard. The witch fight was also fairly difficult but Alex wasnt very hard.they tone it down. I still need to do sweet Alice but waiting on more level before going back.

Originally Posted by Aerth View Post
Cheesing happened for me in tactician mode only for the 'optional' battles like Alice. But, I have also heard than those fights were hard in normal or easy mode too..
Until now fights related to the main quests could be won. Not easily, not without tears, but you can manage somehow

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

September 29th, 2017, 12:04
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
Actually beat him legitimately, but only because I got flattened the first time and came back at around level 21 or so. By far the hardest fight in the game.
I was level 20 and couldn't beat him legitimately by letting him through the whole dialogue where in the end he gets the first move with instamorph + summon 4 demons. He has devastating cca 90% critchance and those 4 demons are minibosses of their own.

What I had to do was sneak behind him with my 2H melee (actually used pot of invisibility)…
Spoiler

If this didn't work dunno what I'd do. Respec someone into rogue? Everyone into watermage to spam magic armor? Yes I've tried to toss a fogcrate on him but he's immune (unlike three minibosses in the sewer that instadied in such fog ).

Or I could have just accepted his proposal although that probably means I'm gonna get screwed in the end.
--
Toka Koka
Last edited by joxer; September 29th, 2017 at 12:17.

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

September 29th, 2017, 14:21
Promise you won't?

I'm still in island 2 so don't know. I'm going slow in island 2 because of your report of the following islands not being as polished, so I'm giving time for the next update before I continue, only playing like 2-3 hours/day.

wolfing

Dalek SasqWatch

September 29th, 2017, 15:11
Take your time, the second island is huge and besides the next major patch is announced for the next week.

Besides, you have plenty of "cheating" bosses on the second island like already known Alice with her unique "curse", impossible to teleport/KO trolls, "master of evasion" magister by gallows who summons sidekicks that outlevel you if you rush on main story, etc.

But at one point you'll fight against a trashmob who'll cheat by resurrecting corpses to his aid. Well now, since there is about a dozen of corpses nearby he can use, before you get too close, what you'll do? Yup, a nice preparation makes that fight (almost) trivial.
I wonder however if anyone dared to charge against that whole bunch.
--
Toka Koka
Last edited by joxer; September 29th, 2017 at 15:26.

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

September 29th, 2017, 16:14
If this didn't work dunno what I'd do. Respec someone into rogue? Everyone into watermage to spam magic armor? Yes I've tried to toss a fogcrate on him but he's immune (unlike three minibosses in the sewer that instadied in such fog ).

Or I could have just accepted his proposal although that probably means I'm gonna get screwed in the end.
What I did was..
Spoiler

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

September 29th, 2017, 17:41
Nice!

But that'd force me to respec so…
I'm gonna keep the party setup as it now is.

My plan is to go Necro/Poly combo in the replay, perhaps I squeeze that "school" of yours in too.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

September 29th, 2017, 18:51
One annoying thing about going one source point, (Act 4 spoilers):

Spoiler

Damian

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

September 30th, 2017, 17:03
Eh? I'm not really sure what are you talking about. None of that happened in my game.

However, while the thing you're talking about is "start crying if you missed it", there is a decent replacement.

EDIT:
Hey, this ain't tips/tricks thread!!!
I'm moving the important part of the post there:
https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/show…post1061474590
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Divinity Games » Divinity Original Sin 2 » The most important question - difficulty