Can't remember the game's name...

Bateman

Watchdog
RPGWatch Donor
It came out maybe 4 years ago or longer. Storywise I think it's a bit like Lionheart, settled in an alternative Medieval scenario. But has no isometric view, 3D, 3rd Person I think. It's very dark, I think in the game there is a fog all over the gameworld, only some cities are the last strongholds for mankind. It's all very dark/grey, but on the cover of the game is a red magical symbol.

I never played it, or only played the demo once, just remember it got many abysmal ratings. Now, I want to take a second look. Anybody can help me? Thank you!

Not that horrible. It is quite playable with the latest v1.7 patch, after you get used to the interface. Not worth the full price but if you can find it for a couple of euros...

Just don`t give up after a couple of hours (like most reviewers did). It is much better later on.

+ interesting story and unique setting
+ nice graphics
+ fantastic music imho
+ unique spell system
+ interesting leveling system
+ time limit for quests (most players do not like this, but I find it interesting and realistic)

- bugs (most are gone with the latest patch)
- cumbersome controls and complicated interface
- somewhat "wooden" feeling

http://www.sinistersystems.com/projects/mistmare//news/index.shtml

All in all, quite typical European RPG with a lot of potential and not that good result in the end.

Back
Top Bottom