Cyberpunk 2077 - No Multiplayer At Launch

Yes, no multiplayer at launch makes it a MUST BUY for me!
Truth is, as a CD Projekt Red fan, I'd have bought it anyway... but it shows that they have their priorities straight. I don't hate MP, in fact I often play MP shooters. But for RPGs, I want to be engrossed in a deep single player campaign; No MP and no co-op.

What, you're that other... thing? :p

My plan right now is to buy this just as soon as it is released, I don't know when I'll actually play it but they have earned my money simply by their attitude towards making a single player game, and making it quite clear.

I'd like to see some gameplay soon. Presumably the setting dictates that it becomes more of a shooter, and I'm curious how well they've handled it.

No MU at launch is a strange thing to say. No MU is enough.

I guess it leaves the door open at some point that it could become a feature if enough people desire it at some point in the games life, but it isn't going to eat into their initial budget for the game launch, and for me that is a huge positive.

CDPR, marketing genius.

Ive never seen a company get so much praise for doing nothing.

Brilliant, really. Vaguely mention MP, let everyone work themselves in to a frenzy, then come back and say single player is the main focus, which was the plan all along.

Reminds me of the 15 horse armor DLC’s they were praised for giving for free.

Yea, CDPR are heroes, best company ever.lol.

I like CDPR but they are so good at generating praise and favor for doing nothing. Priceless really.

I wouldn't go so far as calling them heroes, or the best company ever, but if this was indeed a marketing ploy, it was well orchestrated. In this current age of whiners and weak willed folk, it would be encouraging to actually see a savvy company not only succeed, but veer away from the mmo madness that seems to infect a lot of computer products these days.

I like CDPR too, but yeah stuff gets exaggerated on the internet. They are very good at presentation though, in-game and in marketing.

Although, while CPs initial trailer was a good move, it is very dangerous not showing more of the game so far (or there are indeed some problems in development). This might come back to bite them if they do not know what we want after all.

CDPR, marketing genius.

Brilliant, really. Vaguely mention MP, let everyone work themselves in to a frenzy, then come back and say single player is the main focus, which was the plan all along.

I like CDPR but they are so good at generating praise and favor for doing nothing. Priceless really.
They have a good PR manager something EA is need of desperately. There will come a day when CDPR will be lumped with EA, and everything they say is meaningless.

Ah behold the circle of gaming.:cuddle: - (Old Lion King reference)

You make it sound as if CDPR wasn't known for anything but their PR stunts. Would you care to name few of those manipulations which brought them praises for nothing?
And no, the MP doesn't count because you don't know what was their plan all along. You just speculate.

You make it sound as if CDPR wasn't known for anything but their PR stunts. Would you care to name few of those manipulations which brought them praises for nothing?
And no, the MP doesn't count because you don't know what was their plan all along. You just speculate.

No I don’t. You’re reading way too much into it. I didn’t say anything about what CDPR is known for . I would guess most people and definitely people that post here are aware of what CDPR is known for.

Also, I’m not trying to convince anyone. If you don’t agree with my observation I’m 100% ok with that.

CDPR, marketing genius.

You need to git gud at trolling here. ;)

You got it the way around. They directly stated from the start it will have MP, as it's based on PnP, go figure, no one actually plays it on his own.
Hell, it even makes perfect sense in gameworld, like with corporates who always hire solos for protection.
Then "gamers" flipped out and worked themselves "into frenzy", going about, per usual: micro transactions, required online, don't need this into muh ar-pe-gees! ,etc. (Even though we've had multiplayer into BG, NWN and others)
This is a good call: massive, complex new IP can never get enough Q&A and they'll need to put a lot of effort into patching SP, before they throw in Multiplayer.
Which will likely revolve around Co-op/social experience, than PvP.

I guess it leaves the door open at some point that it could become a feature if enough people desire it at some point in the games life, but it isn't going to eat into their initial budget for the game launch, and for me that is a huge positive.

In this case, it must be believed that, in a project as planned as this vid product developpment, they have not included an accomodating design for incoming MU, that the layers will happen as an afterthought, no matter the work it will need.

Day zero DLC scheme.

It reminds of a pattern: all resources were allocated to SP... except those that were not.

All men have a right to freedom, life and pursuit of happiness... except those who do not.

Works every time. No flaw.

You need to git gud at trolling here. ;)

You got it the way around. They directly stated from the start it will have MP, as it's based on PnP, go figure, no one actually plays it on his own.

It nevers stops. It is for the purpose of a literal adaptation. RPGs are usually MU. Computers allow them to be SP as it takes the seat of the other usual participants: GM and other players.

By this line, CRPGs must be MU.

Here, since this PnP was written by a black writer, the computer version must include a character creation tool set that allows to represent all the shades of black people's complexion.

Wait and see.

I've seen some dumb-fuck theories around here every so often, but seriously…

Ive seen some real assholes around here but seriously.

Im done here this place gets worse and worse.

Goodbye everyone.

I'm with Saki on this one. I'm not saying it IS a marketing ploy, but IF it is it's pretty brilliant.

Don't quite understand the overly defensive comments either, he didn't say they don't make great games, he just implied they either have a really good or an insanely good marketing department. Oh, how dare he???

Back
Top Bottom