NieR Replicant - Attract Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new trailer for NieR Replicant has been released.

1400 years in the future...

The world is on the verge of destruction. Experience the atmosphere and gameplay of NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... with the upgraded opening cinematic, a shot-for-shot revamp of the original movie from NieR Replicant (2010), featuring newly recorded voiceovers, music, and improved graphics.

NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139...,
the highly anticipated prequel to the breakout hit NieR:Automata, and upgrade of the legendary action-RPG NieR Replicant, will launch for the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X on April 23, 2021.

Pre-order now to get exclusive digital content at:

https://www.microsoft.com/p/nier...
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Gal at 48 seconds sounds like Jennifer "Fem Shep" Hale to me.

Man these games keep getting weirder, and that's not a compliment.;)

Tried the first game and it didn't appeal to me at all. I've seen enough of this one to just skip it.

I more-or-less did one thorough playthrough (so, maybe a third of the full game?) for approx 20-25 hr, and whilst it was OK, I felt the RPG systems were fairly minimal, and it was basically an action game.

The fact you had to repeat-play the game (albeit with differences) to see the story seemed quite disrespectful of my time - as if the devs were saying "it's OK for us to save time by repeating content, but you gamers can repeat 50+ hrs no problem". With other games available, I'm afraid I resorted to spoilers/youtube to see the twist(s).

I hear the first game was similar, arguably with no real "good end" (although that is debatable). I did have the "old guy" version on xbox (this one is a remake of the teeny-version released on PS3 in Japan) but it seemed very bland and underwhelming when I played it. I suspect the remake will be better, but still the time investment...

I loved the game, and although i hate the repeat-play in other games, i felt that this one handled it very well. When you start the repeat phase its very similar to the ones before, but then you would do very diferent things (as you changed character) and explore the areas you couldnt with the first playthrough. All in all it was my fav JRPG in a long while. As i said in another post, the begining of the game is a little tedious, then the story got me gripped, and when i started to get the hang of the leveling and upgrading system, I couldnt stop playing. Yes, its a strange story, but i Love strange stories.

Back
Top Bottom