Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
It's definitely a gem. I just noticed the new rug in the tavern, which was particularly awesome.

Be very careful with the Charge attack. If you're charging a group of enemies and you've already got some friendlies engaging it, your character will run around, looking for an opening to get close enough to swing. That pathing code is NOT GOOD! Your character can and will run around in circles to try and get that swing. Normally it just looks silly but, if there's another enemy close by and your character runs by that enemy… WHACK! Opportunity attack! (Val can take it but poor Nok Nok…)

Another tip: opening chests and disarming traps, at least in the first few chapters, is a big source of XP and goes only to the character that does it. Look at them as if they are treasure and try to give that xp to characters you expect to use a lot.

I'm really eager for teleport circles but those divinity and arcane points are not easy to come by.

It's definitely a gem. I just noticed the new rug in the tavern, which was particularly awesome.

I love that new rug too!! :D

I'm really eager for teleport circles but those divinity and arcane points are not easy to come by.

Did you unlock arcane advisor position yet? It will open up the position once you reach Divine rank 3 + 60 points. It should be easier to gain arcane ranks then since you gain points by assigning advisors to problems and opportunities.

I think I'm actually in the upper 20's for both arcane AND divine! My high priest is always on a 60 day research project into some curse or other when the problems/opportunities show up. Maybe I'm doing too many of those things.

I think I'm actually in the upper 20's for both arcane AND divine! My high priest is always on a 60 day research project into some curse or other when the problems/opportunities show up. Maybe I'm doing too many of those things.

You don't have to research curses unless you want to go for the "true" ending which is really tough to get especially in first playthrough.

So how is the game now? I still haven't restarted it since I stopped playing because of all the patching like two weeks after it launched.

And I kinda forgot about it once I moved to other games (kinda because I never uninstalled it) until I saw the news about their announcement of announcement for their (Owlcat) next game.

Now, I'm kinda in the green pit of Stardew Valley addiction, but I might jump back into Kingmaker once I get bored of being a farmer.

FYI not sure if this bug is old news (was posted 11/5) and maybe they fixed it. Has to do with respeccing in last chapter can cause a problem:

Dear pathfinders, we’ve found a problem you should be aware of.

Please, avoid respecing in the last chapter: «The Cursed King/Queen». A respec during this chapter might lead to the eternal unremovable Lantern King curse. If you are already affected by the bug, you can fix it by loading the save prior to the respec.
We are determined to fix the issue as soon as we can. Unfortunately, this may take some time.

@azarhal; Kingmaker is in excellent condition - the steam recent review is now "very positive" :) I'd say you jump into it now. I think I'm going to tag out Kingmaker with Stardew now since tons of new contents are added!

@wolfgrimdark; - from my knowledge that bug with respec should be resolved now.

@azarhal; Kingmaker is in excellent condition - the steam recent review is now "very positive" :) I'd say you jump into it now. I think I'm tagging out Kingmaker with Stardew now since tons of new contents are added!

I actually got a "party based RPG" burn out this summer followed by a general gaming burn out (I found all my games boring). That is until Stardew, which I only reinstalled after reading 1.4 was releasing soon about 2-3 weeks ago on a whim.

I'm not sure I'm cured of the burn out yet, but Stardew is relaxing to play and I got easy goals right now (get married, finish community center). Kingmaker basically gives me anxiety just thinking about what class to play and the kingdom management.

Getting married is a goal, and an easy one as well!? Madness!

Anyone tried the Kineticist class? How is it? (I own all the DLCs).

I was interested in the Scaled Fist back at released, but skipped it because the Charisma to AC was bugged and it is a bit unclear if it was fixed or not. People claim it's just a visual bug now, but don't seems to be 100% sure.

At this point, I might just go with my normal "go to class" aka the Paladin, but I tend to prefer chaotic good alignment. I wish this was D&D 5e, I could pay an actual chaotic good Paladin.

Or retry my original Inquisitor from back at launch (I suspect I lost all my Kingmaker saves when my HD crashed in September, I didn't check if I did).

Getting married is a goal, and an easy one as well!? Madness!

It's easier to get married in Stardew Valley than finding a prismatic shard or dinosaur egg….or reach floor 100 in the Skull cave without cheating with self-made stairs (which requires doing all 120 levels in the mine first to get the key to open it).

Kineticist is a bit like warlock in NWN2. I found it fun enough - mixing elements to get different blast attacks is cool. The class itself is quite OP in general.

Personally, I liked coming up with my own build than playing Kineticist NPC. Some say Kineticist Knight is gimped but I had fun with my build, didn't struggle on normal.

I saw the comments about the class getting OP at level 13 on Reddit after I asked about it here. I might have to look at it, once I dare open Kingmaker character creator...

All the Pathfinder gaming news has me wanting to do a fresh play through. I started my Tiefling then ended up getting sucked back into Skyrim after making my own Tiefling race there ... then FO4 ... then Greedfall and later Outer Worlds and another play through of MEA.

But excited about the possible chance of an epic Tiefling rogue like character. Plus I never did get a chance to do the DLC as I got my new PC and didn't install any of my finished games besides my Beth staples :p

So its almost installed now and going to spend some time building my Tiefling. I suppose I should get a bit more familiar with the Mythic AP rules as well.

I started playing with an hospitaler and reached the start of Act II, but I'm starting to think that I should restart.

I sold some of the ancient coins that I should have kept because you get a better price for them once you get the Kingdom.

I ended up murdering the entire mites and kobolds and I kinda feel bad despite the fact that they are both lawful evil and my Paladin should feel righteous about destroying them.

I realized that I should have continued to explore the map available after killing the Stag Lord because I had almost two full month left on the counter and that's less stuff I would have to explore once I get the Kingdom and get even more time constrained.

You definitely don't have to worry about the coins. There's TONS of stuff like that - a few on every map, I think.

Time constraints in the kingdom aren't that big of a deal. Remember you can manage your kingdom remotely from anywhere inside the kingdom. You can't talk to people who come to see you, of course, but they seem to be happy to wait quite a while.

I also wanted to romance Valerie and that was kinda impossible with a female character.

I also toyed with the idea of making an Inquisitor instead of a Paladin, but I went back to the pally.

I spent ~2 hours in character creation last night...again.

@purpleblob; - Question on the Varnhold DLC. When is the best time to do that DLC? Before starting the main or at some point during the main?

I saw you can import your character - but I assume your character (story wise) is not the same one that also does the Stolen Kingdoms .. or is it?

The varnhold dungeon gets opened up gradually as you progress through the chapters of the main story. Go whenever you find the time amidst kingdom management - you won't be allowed further than appropriate for that point in the story.

It gets confusing how that dlc works but I find it's better to play the Stag Lord prologue then load up the Varnhold DLC. As you import the save state changes into the campaign.

@purpleblob; - Question on the Varnhold DLC. When is the best time to do that DLC? Before starting the main or at some point during the main?

I saw you can import your character - but I assume your character (story wise) is not the same one that also does the Stolen Kingdoms .. or is it?

Varnhold's Lot DLC is best to be played right after you finish the Varnhold Vanishing in the main campaign.

You don't get to import your Varnhold DLC main character (General of Varnhold) just the final save where you make a choice from the 1 of 4 options presented to you. Your General may or may not show up in the main campaign depending on your choice.

The varnhold dungeon gets opened up gradually as you progress through the chapters of the main story. Go whenever you find the time amidst kingdom management - you won't be allowed further than appropriate for that point in the story.

I think you are confusing Varnhold's Lot (DLC 2) with Beneath the Stolen Lands (DLC 3 - endless dungeon). Its DLC 3 that opens up gradually in the main campaign as you progress the story.

Back
Top Bottom