(some) EA games back on steam - Origin access soon

• Thread starter Deleted member 18181
  • Start date
I wonder if the Ultima games will show up? They've been on GOG for a long time now but never Steam. Or will this just be games that use Origin?

Still remember when EA pulled most of those games off Steam to Origin. So to me it's like they are trying to make more money off older games that don't sell on origin anymore.

Definetly looks like that - Sims 4 and it's DLC aren't on the list.

So to me it's like they are trying to make more money off older games that don't sell on origin anymore.
Almost certainly. I mean... it's a company. Making money is pretty much the whole point of them all getting together and working hard. They may do something from time to time for the betterment of society but showing up on Steam isn't going to be that.

Almost certainly. I mean… it's a company. Making money is pretty much the whole point of them all getting together and working hard. They may do something from time to time for the betterment of society but showing up on Steam isn't going to be that.
Yeah I can do without the snarky reply sloth.;)

My point was it wasn't out of their good hearts. EA pissed off a lot of gamers over the years. Not always EA's fault but some of that anger is warranted. Moving on.:movingon:

Apparently, the games still require Origin even if you purchase them on Steam. I don't see the point...

Apparently, the games still require Origin even if you purchase them on Steam. I don't see the point…

My main benefits would be, benefiting from Steam's refund policy, and not EA's Origin one. And maybe steam achievements? Though that's a subjective one.

And for the OCD people, like me, I like knowing I have full game series collections on the same platform. I got Dragon Age 2&3 for that reason. And will probably be getting Mass Effect 3 when it drops.

The Dragon 2 sale was kind of shit, though. For Dragon 3 they sold the complete collection for one full price, including all DLCs. But for 2 they sold them separately. I mean, what the fuck? Are they really nickle and diming. And for a title that's the worst of the series? I'd like to believe that was a management mistake or something.

My main benefits would be, benefiting from Steam's refund policy, and not EA's Origin one.

To be fair, EA/Origin introduced their very generous refund policy (Great Game Guarantee) literally YEARS before Steam even had refunds.

It is still more generous than Steam's today. You can return EA games within the first 24 hours of launching the game for the first time without the two hour limit that you have with Steam. So, in theory you could buy a game, wait for the weekend, binge it for 23 hours and then request a refund. But that would be mean... ;)

And if you can't play a game for technical reasons you get a 72h hour refund period instead of 24h after first launching the game.

All the details can be found on this page:

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/great-game-guarantee-terms

Most prices are outrageous, EA doesnt know about regional prices lol; that is why i wont buy any game but will wait for the "access" to be live, get 1-2 months, play them all, then fuck EA. They dont have any masterpieces anyway haha to want to buy them for good.

To be fair, EA/Origin introduced their very generous refund policy (Great Game Guarantee) literally YEARS before Steam even had refunds.

It is still more generous than Steam's today. You can return EA games within the first 24 hours of launching the game for the first time without the two hour limit that you have with Steam. So, in theory you could buy a game, wait for the weekend, binge it for 23 hours and then request a refund. But that would be mean… ;)

And if you can't play a game for technical reasons you get a 72h hour refund period instead of 24h after first launching the game.

All the details can be found on this page:

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/great-game-guarantee-terms

Oh, ok. Then why do remember having issues refunding some games on their platform. The only one I remember not having any issues getting a refund, without any human interaction in the process, was with Anthem. But I assumed that well as smooth as it did because of the general outrage about it.

Maybe I'm remebering it wrong. Or was it that I had issues during payment, and never saw the invoice for some purchase? Not really sure, but I might be remembering it wrong. Anyways, then it's one less reason to avoid Origin.

Most prices are outrageous, EA doesnt know about regional prices lol; that is why i wont buy any game but will wait for the "access" to be live, get 1-2 months, play them all, then fuck EA. They dont have any masterpieces anyway haha to want to buy them for good.

You don't have to wait for Access. It has been available on Origin since August 2018. It only says "coming soon" on Steam because they are apparently still in the process of making it available for purchase on Steam.

BTW, I believe this to be the main reason why EA returned to Steam. They want to expand the reach of their subscription service. As you can see, every EA game store page on Steam prominently advertises the soon-ish arrival of EA Access.

The other main reason is that Steam have adapted their revenue split model due to Epic's competition. Instead of the flat 30% fee of the past, publishers only need to part with 25% if a game's revenue exceeds $10 million and only 20% if it exceeds $50 million. There has also been word that the big publishers are able to negotiate individual terms and conditions.
I could imagine that EA got a good deal for themselves including the permission to sell their subs through Steam. That's why they're back.

As for EA/Origin Access, I subscribed for a single month of 'Premier' (€14.99) last year to play through Jedi Fallen Order on launch (like UbiSoft's uPlay+ you get all the extras and DLCs with a sub, too) and to demo a ton of EA and 3rd party games.
It was a smooth experience. You can also upgrade existing games in your Origin library to the full 'Access' enhanced versions for the duration of the sub.

more games arrived on steam

Battlefield™ 1 , Battlefield 4™ , Battlefield 3™ , Battlefield™ V, Battlefield Hardline, STAR WARS™ Battlefront™, STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ II, Mass Effect 3, Mass Effect™: Andromeda

Last edited by a moderator:
I just subscribe to EA access and get all thier games for a pretty low price imo. Have to install origin either way so why not.

same here but im waiting for it to arrive on steam, im in the mood for dragon age franchise replay (maybe mass effect too) :biggrin:

same here but im waiting for it to arrive on steam, im in the mood for dragon age franchise replay (maybe mass effect too) :biggrin:

Didn’t think about it but it would be nice to have the DA mods on steam workshop.

About time but yeah looks like you need Origin to play them still.:(

Not complaining just making a statement. It reinforces my earlier point.
Didn’t think about it but it would be nice to have the DA mods on steam workshop.
Me to but I have to admit I'm a Nexus loyalist and still prefer that site.

yeah, just saw them. got mass effect 3
You didn't notice the major thing.
Mass Effect 3 DLC bundle is currently -50% on Steam. This was unimaginable till now as so far any DLC was purchaseable only with Bioware Points that never went on sale!

No, EA did not add ME2 DLC on Steam. Those are still Origin exclusive and buyable only with Bioware Points scam.

You didn't notice the major thing.
Mass Effect 3 DLC bundle is currently -50% on Steam. This was unimaginable till now as so far any DLC was purchaseable only with Bioware Points that never went on sale!

No, EA did not add ME2 DLC on Steam. Those are still Origin exclusive and buyable only with Bioware Points scam.
Man that sucks I thought BioWare/EA did away with the old points system?

Back
Top Bottom