|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?

Default What games are you playing now?

June 17th, 2018, 13:07
For large open-world RPGs I love when they're epic in scope and length. But not every game needs to be the same. I like the 100+ Elder Scrolls/ELEX epics and also the 40 hour Vampire: Bloodlines or 20-25 hours Chrono Trigger, etc..

Speaking of Bloodlines, that's what I'm playing now. Second run through it, this time as a stealthy Nosferatu (first time was a Tremere with blood magic.) I'm reminded again why I thought this was the best RPG I've ever played at the time (first played it a few years back.) This playthrough has been much different so far. I've noticed a ton of little dialogue details, choices and things playing out differently than my first run. Really enjoying it. And to those who asked about installing the Unofficial Patch, it's dead simple. Just download the patch (linked on Steam in the Guides section) and then just open the .exe and install it like anything else. It does all the work for you.

I'd recommend installing the Plus version of the patch (you'll be prompted during installation to choose Plus or Basic) as it's a completely seamless experience and the restored content/tweaks are all high quality and blend in perfectly. The game still looks great, a little dated but still very nice. It's really a must-play CRPG. There's a staggering amount of love that went into this game and it shows greatly. It's hilarious at times, yet deep, dark, sometimes disturbing, creepy or even downright scary at times (that damn hotel ) Lots of choices to make with surprising twists and consequences. Great story with multiple endings. Astoundingly excellent atmosphere and lore. Faithful pen and paper adaptation of the ruleset. You'll never look at RPGs the same way again IMHO. It sets the bar way too high.

Deleted User

Mentioned: Post(s)
+1:

June 18th, 2018, 23:01
Funny, I don't like openworld games anymore. Give me a nice set of levels that don't hurl everything at me at once, gives me time to appreciate the atmosphere and art more. Sure levels can be connected by a hub, the difference with openworld would then be less fetch quests.

I loved the new Deus ex games for that (exploring the bank in Prague, the TV station headquarters etc), or Dishonored 1 (the bridge, the tower in the end level).

Liking Andromeda so far, albeit it being openworld. Always loved the ME setting and aesthetic, + there is some BioWare story guiding me along.

However, throwing too many quests at me at once I have the habit of just starting to follow the quest markers and start to speed through everything. I feel like I don't have to look at the game world anymore, just follow the quest marker all the time (if there was a minimap you could just put it in the middle of the screen).

I know this is my fault but still I'd argue for level-based design and not have too many quests available at a time (kind of holding my hand more), gives me time to savor everything so much more.

ilm

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
+1:

June 18th, 2018, 23:12
You like openworld games. Good openworld games. I know you do.
Openworld garbage only mmoers like.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
+1:

June 18th, 2018, 23:17
I do?

I guess what i wanted to say is that I just can't look past the drizzle quests anymore.
Last edited by ilm; June 18th, 2018 at 23:44.

ilm

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

June 18th, 2018, 23:43
Who gets to define good and garbage ?

Originally Posted by joxer View Post
You like openworld games. Good openworld games. I know you do.
Openworld garbage only mmoers like.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

June 19th, 2018, 00:31
Me, myself and I.

On a serious note, cmon. Definition of every videogame quality is simple - if a game delivers what the audience wants, it's good. If a game delivers what the publisher wants, it's not good. Unless that publisher is a gamer themself and knows what's fun.

Also please differentiate openworld mediocrity (GTA 5) and openworld garbage (Fable 3). Unlike garbage, mediocrity can still be good to some.

And stop with oneliner questions without sharing own opinion, please. Answering on those gets tiresome. I'm not dartagnan.
--
Toka Koka
Last edited by joxer; June 19th, 2018 at 00:45.

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

June 19th, 2018, 14:48
One liners are the best; short and to the point.

And stop with oneliner questions without sharing own opinion, please. Answering on those gets tiresome. I'm not dartagnan.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

June 19th, 2018, 14:52
On a forum, not really, you shold keep those for Twitter.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

June 19th, 2018, 15:45
only twits twitter.

On a forum, not really, you shold keep those for Twitter.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

June 19th, 2018, 16:14
I'm plunking along in Phantasy Star Four, but the football games are cutting into my play time. I'm slowly meandering across the world, I think my next stop might be Ladea Tower later today.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

June 19th, 2018, 20:54
Life is Strange. Got it because I enjoy the Tell Tale games. While the standard of everything is very high, I'm having a hard time pushing through to complete it. The main problem is that I have zero identification with teenage girls. If I were playing Warren and had the option to see how many of the girls I could bone while investigating the mystery I would be having a much better time! Also the teen-talk, while maybe fitting, makes me cringe.
--
If you have no other choice but to kill, you have failed.
Ntwa kgolo ke ya molomo

Philistine

Watchdog
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

June 19th, 2018, 21:56
Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
Life is Strange. Got it because I enjoy the Tell Tale games. While the standard of everything is very high, I'm having a hard time pushing through to complete it. The main problem is that I have zero identification with teenage girls. If I were playing Warren and had the option to see how many of the girls I could bone while investigating the mystery I would be having a much better time! Also the teen-talk, while maybe fitting, makes me cringe.
Haha, I had similar problems. However the story was fun enough to make me complete it.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Send a message via MSN to Pladio

June 19th, 2018, 23:10
I decided to replay TW3 after seeing Cyberpunk 2077 trailer to see how the graphic compares (TW3 is very pretty) and also because I wasn't really invested in any games right now.

Not sure if I'm going to finish it, I've been in a "every game is boring" mode for a few weeks now. Which means I got like 10 (re)installed and didn't get very far in any of them…

Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
Just pretend Max is a dude with a falsetto voice and hit on Chloe…
--
It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware. ~ joxer

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

June 20th, 2018, 21:58
I haven't had much time to game recently, but what I've had I've sunk into Vampire the Masquerade. Thoroughly enjoying it - interesting locations, good script and some very entertaining quests. Great fun.

Pongo

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

June 20th, 2018, 22:03
Originally Posted by martincolins View Post
Fortnite Battle Royale, Pubg and CS: GO
So why are you on a RPG site if those are your go to games? I mean it's fine you're here, the more the merrier, I'm just curious.

I can't say much since I'm playing 7 days to die and the Long Dark. My reason is there isn't anything decent in 1st person single character at the moment.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

June 20th, 2018, 22:25
I recently started fallout 4.

Dont like the settlement building stuff.
Do like the rest

Ursusdraconis

Watchbear
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

June 21st, 2018, 09:55
Rimworld. Had to try the 1.0 unstable.. Normally i don't play stuff until "Final Ultimate Edition 3.0". Having fun, i'm sooo looking forward to a stable 1.0 (..and with some cool mods) almost as much as Cyberpunk 2077.. game is amazing imo.
--
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners."
- George Carlin

vurt

serial 𝓶𝓸𝓭𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓻

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

June 21st, 2018, 12:03
Tried ESO. First MMO I've played in years. Why does anyone waste time playing this? You mash attack button+annoying visual effects on your target without any hit feedback, until health bar depletes to zero.
Sidequests seem a bit better than in most MMO's, but still the whole thing is inferior to any decent SP rpg in almost every way. Beats me why people waste times on MMOs: time>money.
--
Rush in and die, dogs…I was a man before I was a king.

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

June 21st, 2018, 12:17
What's to understand?
You can turn off your brain while playing MMO. That's all there is - people wish they don't have brains, elections (anywhere) are a proof of that.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

June 21st, 2018, 17:51
Turn on enemy health bars for feedback. Some attacks have other visual and auditory hit feedback.

Thrasher

Wheeee!

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?