Pool Of Radiance: RoMD higher resolution possible ?

Wiggum

Watcher
Hi !
As you may know, Pool Of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor only offers one screen-resolution...800x600 which is pretty small.

Does anyone know if there is a way to increase the resolution under Win7 ?
The game runs with the ForceDirectDrawEmulation fix from the Compatibility Administrator. I saw that there is a option in this tool that should do the trick:
Its ForceDisplayMode.

Has anyone tried this already ?
And does anyone know how to enable V-Sync again (worked before i started using the ForceDirectDrawEmulation fix to fix my invisible characters...

Only "fix" I used for ROMD was the speedup patch. I doubt you can improve the game much more than that.

I used XP when I played it so can't really help you...

Like JemyM, I also used the speed patch and all of the latest patches for the game.

To fix the character visibility issue, I merely had to disable hardware acceleration in the dxdiag setup. Everything worked perfectly otherwise!

Some guys here have a dual boot partition of XP/Win 7, so that might be an option worth pursuing.

Best of luck getting it going.

I think this has nothing to do with Win7 or XP.
I have read that there is some way to get a higher resolution working, but i cant find any guide.

Then i found this ForceDisplayMode option and hoped someone maybe tried it already.
So if you know a fix for XP please post it too !

Looks like its impossible to increase the resolution.
I would really like to play it because of the turn based combat, but this resolution is way to low.
Anyway, the speed-mod looks good.

Yes, but that will not work...
Scaling 800x600 to 1920x1080 looks too terrible for my eyes.

Anyway, i installed VirtualBox with XP and now i can play the game at 1024x768 in a window...just fine for me.

Back
Top Bottom