S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky - Review @ Bit-tech

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Bit-tech found STALKER: Clear Sky a middling game plagued with technical issues. The score is 3/10 and here's the problem:
It crashes, it blue screens, it devours system resources, it uses outdated forms of bug submission which just don’t work, it doesn’t have great translation of the dialogue, there are many quests which can’t be completed and even if you avoid all this then elements of the game itself are shockingly designed. Why the hell can’t we see how much stamina we have without looking in the inventory?

Quite simply, the game itself may be OK (though not exceptional) but the actual experience you are buying is just awful. It doesn’t work and if we’d have paid for it instead of just getting a review sample then we’d feel angry, cheated and disappointed.
More information.

Well I can't help but finding strange that they churn out a patch so soon to fix really big bugs. Because it could mean 2 things:

- They just needed a few more days to finish the game and now everything's fixed (very doubtful).

Or

- This is actually what they were doing for the last couple of months (bug-squashing). In which case it means the game is simply not finished yet, and shouldn't have been released so soon.

A shame, as I really liked the first game...

they are just making a bad publicity for some unknown reason.
I started to play the game with the latest patch, just a day ago.
and I have experienced only one crash (around 8h playtime).

<b>if you did like the first game<b>, just go for it - in my opinion there are welcome gameplay changes (for example now its possible to upgrade most of the weapons and armors).

Thanks. I'll get it off Steam, then -- it's scheduled to unlock in 3 hrs.

I've been playing the Russian Version and it seems ok. I've only seen couple of bugs so far and none have been game breaking. One was with some enemies vanishing on one quests, one was some graphical artifacts appearing that dissapeared after restarting the game and one was where I got an optical sight upgrade for my AK-47 gun and it not actually appearing on my gun 8(

The game seems a bit more crowded so there are more enemies to fight, but I haven't felt that "atmosphere loss" that lots of review sites were claiming.

That's encouraging, Sergius. Few more comments like that, and I might get it after all. I think I'll do Witcher EE first, though.

Back
Top Bottom