Spiders - New Game Annoucement on July 7

Sorry but couchpotato reported that. I don’t know of any Gematsu. :biggrin:

Looking forward to seeing what they have coming. I really liked and finished mars war logs. Couldn’t finish technomancer. Just didn’t find it as fun and the respawns killed it for me. Haven’t finished Greedfall yet but I like what I’ve played of it and look forward to getting back to it when I have more free time.

Even though I liked technomancer less I’d say each game they’ve made has been an improvement so I have high hopes for the next one.

One other thing of note is they might have a new publisher?
Nacon formerly Bigben Interactive SA
Correct me if I'm wrong it used to Focus Home Interactive?

If true hopefully they get more funding finally.:fingerscrossed:

I liked Bound by Flame and Greedfall, both with their own flaws, but still fun games. Never tried Technomancer, though I feel like I should. Kind of looking forward to see what they come up with this time around.

One other thing of note is they might have a new publisher?
Correct me if I'm wrong it used to Focus Home Interactive?

If true hopefully they get more funding finally.:fingerscrossed:

BigBen actually bought Spiders last year, so there should definitely be some more money to play with.

Focus Home Interactive is a different company, AFAIK.

That's basically what I said new publisher, but thanks for the clarification.

As they used to be funded by Focus Home Interactive.

Seems I forgot Spiders sold themselves to another publisher.

That's basically what I said new publisher, but thanks for the clarification.

As they used to be funded by Focus Home Interactive.

Oh, right - I thought you meant BigBen used to be Focus Home Interactive. The main distinction I was making is that BigBen is isn't just their new publisher - they now own Spiders.

Oh, right - I thought you meant BigBen used to be Focus Home Interactive. The main distinction I was making is that BigBen is isn't just their new publisher - they now own Spiders.
Poor word choice on my side. I understand.:biggrin:

Anyway would be nice to hear why they sold themselves to another publisher. Instead of dealing with Focus Home Interactive who funded most of their games already?

I hope for another Mars game, but with Greedfall production values.

I concur but rumor says it's some type of sequel for Greedfall. So we'll see in a few days.

I'm very optimistic about their next game. So far, every new game they made is better than the previous one. Greedfall was pretty good. If they managed to correct some stuff, for sure it will be great.

I really liked "Mars: War Logs" and "Bound by Flame". As others have said, they were flawed but also had a lot of positives going for them as well.

Lost a bit of my enthusiasm for Spiders with "Greedfall" though, the game started out great and for a while was really entertaining but the longer I progressed in the plot & sidequests the worse I think it got.

Insane amounts of running long distances back & forth in an environment that was mostly non-interactive.

Found out what the teaser image teased about: Adventures of the Tranny Rabbit Crusade!

If I'm not mistaken, they bought Deck13 (Ankh Trilogy, Jack Keane) recently

Cacheperl said:

I concur but rumor says it's some type of sequel for Greedfall. So we'll see in a few days.

I assume it will be completely new game, not Greedfall. Because IP for Greedfall probably stays with Focus Interactive. Not sure about Mars games but its possible that this IP is also owned by Focus.
So they probably do new project. I heard it could be something inspired by feudal Japan… ? :)

@Farflame; If it's feudal Japan in space, I'm in!

I expect Spiders are pretty happy at the moment. I'm sure they had a nice payday from the acquisition, and now have a bigger budget for the sort of games they want to make. Good luck to them.

It seems BigBen and Focus are now competing for the mid-budget space, and I think that's pretty interesting territory. Many of the types of games I enjoy require a decent budget, but not necessarily the full AAA excess - and all the monetisation nonsense that comes with it.

Found out what the teaser image teased about: Adventures of the Tranny Rabbit Crusade!
Say what?
Instabuy for me. :D

I expect Spiders are pretty happy at the moment. I'm sure they had a nice payday from the acquisition, and now have a bigger budget for the sort of games they want to make. Good luck to them.

Focus gave them more budget with each game too but yes, now they should be in pretty good situation. I hope that Nacon wont make them change their RPG focus and vision.

It seems BigBen and Focus are now competing for the mid-budget space, and I think that's pretty interesting territory. Many of the types of games I enjoy require a decent budget, but not necessarily the full AAA excess - and all the monetisation nonsense that comes with it.

Yes, it seems that are more strong AA coming in near future…
- new Spiders project
- new RPG from Dontnod (probably not Vampyr 2)
- Plague Tale 2 from Asobo Studio
- Elex 2
- Bloodlines 2
- Kings Bounty 2
- Wasteland 3
- maybe Gamedec
- maybe Werewolf the Apocalypse (could be good, could be bad)

Yep also Focus Home Interactive acquired Deck13. Makers of The Surge &
Lords of the Fallen. They made up for the loss of Spiders with a better developer.
I assume it will be completely new game, not Greedfall. Because IP for Greedfall probably stays with Focus Interactive. Not sure about Mars games but its possible that this IP is also owned by Focus.
So they probably do new project. I heard it could be something inspired by feudal Japan… ? :)
Yeah I forgot Focus Home owns the IP.
Focus gave them more budget with each game too but yes, now they should be in pretty good situation. I hope that Nacon wont make them change their RPG focus and vision.
Why sell yourself to another publisher then? Focus was good to them.
Yes, it seems that are more strong AA coming in near future…
- new Spiders project
- new RPG from Dontnod (probably not Vampyr 2)
- Plague Tale 2 from Asobo Studio
- Elex 2
- Bloodlines 2
- Kings Bounty 2
- Wasteland 3
- maybe Gamedec
- maybe Werewolf the Apocalypse (could be good, could be bad)
I'm still waiting for more info on Elex 2. Do you know any news?

Only game I'm not interested in is Plague Tale 2. Didn't like part one as its not an RPG. Plays more like an action/adventure game. Different tastes I guess.

Back
Top Bottom