Greedfall Hints and Tips

I finished the game - never did figure out an answer to my question. It seems to just be a constant damage number. Easier critters get killed, big ones at least take serious damage.

I finished the game - never did figure out an answer to my question. It seems to just be a constant damage number. Easier critters get killed, big ones at least take serious damage.

I looked, but I wasn't able to find anything that detailed how backstab damage is calculated. I think it's just a set amount of additional damage added to to the base amount.

Well, as it turned out, it wasn't all that very important anyway. The ability was nice for starting battles out but, once I got that shadow-step dodge skill, battles became relatively easy anyway. Not long after that, I got the skill that hits everything around you with stasis, and, other than boss battles, the game became a cake walk. I would still do the backstab thing sometimes (especially against those bat things - one doesn't get to backstab bats very often, so I savored the moments ;) but it wouldn't really matter if it worked or not. Stasis everything, then pick'm off one by one. If I somehow get in trouble, I simply run out of the area, then go back in and finish the survivors.

There's a tip for folks going the mage route: use those potions early, because you won't need them much later on.

Back
Top Bottom