Fans of turn-based tactical combat…

Capt. Huggy Face

Troll Aspiring to Responsibility
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
….I know we have some here. It's not an RPG, but do yourself a favor and check out Field of Glory II. You can thank me later.

I've only played the first tutorial battle, but it took a couple hours and was gripping. Best tutorial ever. :p

No overworld strategic layer, but who really needs it when the strategic combat is this good? Tons of factions to play and what looks to be a lot of replayability.

It's easily modded, and you can increase the zoom level, which I recommend, as well as the text size. If anyone needs some advice on how, feel free to ask here or in PM.

Looks like I'm taking a break from RPGs for a while…

Too many units on field for my taste - I never liked Total War games and I'd probably hate this one too.

Same with Joxer - too many units to control. Nevertheless the nice thing about Field of Glory II is that it seems to have a split-screen mode (I assume competitive), which is rare.

Another one from Slitherine in the Warhammer universe (turn-based) with less units is Sanctus Reach:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/502370/Warhammer_40000_Sanctus_Reach/

Thanks for the link. Hadn't seen that one before.

Oh, looks like Total War battles but turn based! I might have to check that one out. (Eventually. Jeez, my wish list is getting long.)

I have no problem with too many units to control if it's turn based.

Back
Top Bottom