Dragon Age - The Stolen Throne Novel Announced

It's fine to protest against criticism, but there's a reasonable level. I see you everywhere, all the time, complaining that people are sooo bitter, why don't people get along, why is everyone so negative, why doesn't everyone just agree with you about games. Flail, whine, flail, temper tantrum.

As for the rest, who's claimed they can do better? What is it about this "videogame writing doesn't win awards!" axe that you keep grinding whether or not it's relevant to a discussion? Is your reading comprehension broken? Are you reading invisible text? Is your frontal lobe warped and would you like a lobotomy, though I'm not sure if there's anything left to remove? Consumers have every right to voice opinions and, what's more, every reason to voice them. Also, look up Ebert's Law.

Well now aren't you working on those people skills. Every time I read something by you I think geez they let you out of the codex? Everytime you post things you lash out at people and attack them thinking it makes you look intelligent, hows that working for you?

The book is for the fans of the game, he obviously won't get any nods as a great writer by any stretch of the imagination. Like I said before I never read game books, its a waist of time. That being said, what I have seen of the text of the actual game looks pretty good.

Well now aren't you working on those people skills. Every time I read something by you I think geez they let you out of the codex? Everytime you post things you lash out at people and attack them thinking it makes you look intelligent, hows that working for you?

Working excellent, thank you. Not that I'm trying to look more intelligent than you, mind; you're doing that all on your own. =) Why, did the Codex do you up the ass this one time and you couldn't respect yourself afterward in the morning?

Working excellent, thank you. Not that I'm trying to look more intelligent than you, mind; you're doing that all on your own. =) Why, did the Codex do you up the ass this one time and you couldn't respect yourself afterward in the morning?

I wanted to qoute some of the nice things you say so you can't go back and edit them, I'm not sure but I think this isd against the rules here?

I wanted to qoute some of the nice things you say so you can't go back and edit them, I'm not sure but I think this isd against the rules here?

The whole thing about flaming is getting very close to the edge ... I would suggest that the two of you just plain stop interacting.

No prob, I'm done. Sorry bout that.

I recommend the ignore option :)

It can be quite a time saver, and I speak from experience.

No, darling, I did not edit/delete my post. Take it up with a certain mod, shoo.

No, darling, I did not edit/delete my post. Take it up with a certain mod, shoo.

As I said, enough! It has been taken up, multiple times as far as I can tell. No flaming is the rule, and continuing after being asked to stop is really obnoxious

Books aren't divided into "SERIOUS BUSINESS HIGHBROW LITERATURE" and "GENERIC GARBAGE."

Might be, but who defines that ?

Is in this perception the Iliad still "GENERIC GARBAGE" ?

Because most people wouldn't know how to handle it (German: "nicht wissen, etwas damit anzufangen").

I have seen bad literature and good literature in the area that you call SERIOUS BUSINESS HIGHBROW LITERATURE. Some was well written, but totally lacked heart & soul. Others were the exact opposite: Very "flatly" written, but booming with "heart & soul", so, to say.

And what some people don't even see is that there are several kinds of Humour, for example (one of my favourite themes ;) [I can vividly imagine that you shake your head now ;) ] ).

Compare the humour in Martial's "Epigrams" with that of let's say Benny Hill ... ;)

can we keep the swearing down to a dull curse?

The flaming and personal attacks have been reported and infractions given multiple times ... behavior of certain folks is being monitored for potential banning if they don't change their ways.

The flaming and personal attacks have been reported and infractions given multiple times ... behavior of certain folks is being monitored for potential banning if they don't change their ways.

In light of this, I have edited this post and removed my thoughts about the state of affairs of this site's comment section (and wasted a good half hour in the process :)).

Last edited:
In light of this, I have edited this post and removed my thoughts about the state of affairs of this site's comment section (and wasted a good half hour in the process :)).

That is too bad - especially if it was insightful about the 'state of affairs' rather than singling out individuals. Heated debate is good, personal attacks are bad.

That is too bad - especially if it was insightful about the 'state of affairs' rather than singling out individuals. Heated debate is good, personal attacks are bad.

I think it was maybe a bit personal--no attack, though. But squarely aimed at the attitudes of some people posting here. I thought better of it and decided it was unnecessary to point it out. It would not have accomplished anything other than getting stuff off my chest. The point is that regularly reading such potent negative remarks such as sometimes are spat out in the comments section here cannot be beneficial for one's mental state. Criticism is fine, but I find that certain people are systematically putting down everything in their path that they don't like. Even worse, "obvisouly" everyone disagreeing with them or their way of communicating is some type of idiot that should QQ cry more. What kind of way of treating people is that? I thought most people on here were adults.

I just don't like the unpleasantness of some people's posting here. It kind of makes me uncomfortable. I'm kind of with rune_74 on this one.

Last edited:
I just don't like the unpleasantness of some people's posting here. It kind of makes me uncomfortable. I'm kind of with rune_74 on this one.

There's an ignroe function if it bothers you that much, personally I like the criticism - its a nice balance to the mainstream reviews.

There's an ignroe function if it bothers you that much, personally I like the criticism - its a nice balance to the mainstream reviews.

Criticism is one thing, personal attacks are another ... and clearly against the rules.

We permit anyone, registered or not, to post in our comments threads. That is a privilege that is closely monitored, as are these threads. We tolerate a great deal in the hope of good discussion, but people who persist in personal insults will be dealt with severely by the site admins!!

Criticism is one thing, personal attacks are another ... and clearly against the rules.

Well the origional comment was about legitimate criticism, but yeah personal attacks are bad, the perpetrators should be spanked and the pictures posed on alt.kinky.spank.spank.spank:mwahaha:

Back
Top Bottom