King's Bounty: Legion - Now on Android

Dhruin

SasqWatch
We don't really follow the mobile space closely but Kotaku highlights the Android port of King's Bounty: Legions, which follows on from iOS and a Facebook version:
Russian developer Nival has done an amazing job bringing an updated free-to-play take on New World Computing's 1990 classic PC turn-based strategy game King's Bounty to Facebook and the iPad. Now they complete the cross-platform circle with King's Bounty: Legions for Android, harnessing the power of Tegra 3 to make for the best mobile version available.
More information.

I love the King's Bounty series, but I am not interested in this one. I prefer the single player games, and am not interested in the social aspects. I have heard that you either need to participate in PVP and take other people's money or make in-game purchases to raise funds for more troops.

I did try it out and it uses the same graphics as the regular games. The first thing it did though was force me into a training I couldn't click out of and even there it sent in game ads at me that popped up in the middle of play and interfered with that was going on.

It also really pushes to use a facebook account and, of course, its entirely online. I don't keep my tablet online because I don't want to give out private information (the device always complains when I turn on wifi and it discovers my GPS is turned off). This can only be worse if a FB account is used.

I did try it out and it uses the same graphics as the regular games. The first thing it did though was force me into a training I couldn't click out of and even there it sent in game ads at me that popped up in the middle of play and interfered with that was going on.

It also really pushes to use a facebook account and, of course, its entirely online. I don't keep my tablet online because I don't want to give out private information (the device always complains when I turn on wifi and it discovers my GPS is turned off). This can only be worse if a FB account is used.

I had also skipped it for those reasons (more the online ... just having accounts with Google has you more compromised than any of this overt stuff you worry about), but based on this I will check it out. If it is that obnoxious I will write about it on Gear Diary ... because I hate that trend.

Back
Top Bottom