The Amazing Fantastics Demo Thread

TAFUniverse

Watcher
n7PisTL.png

After a year of developing The Amazing Fantastics I finally have a demo completed. I've put a ton of effort into this game and your feedback is crucial to its success so please share your opinions! Negative feedback is better than no feedback.

uyu6av8.png

The Amazing Fantastics is a turn-based saga that puts the player in the shoes of a hero who must assemble a team of super-powered allies to protect one of the most dangerous cities in the country. This city, Utopia, is the poster child of crime and corruption and in defending this town its heroes come face-to-face with criminal organizations, fiendish mutants, and even otherworldly deities. You'll see firsthand that Utopia is a living, breathing creature with tons of dark secrets visible only to those crazy enough to go looking for them.

• Active time battle and WAIT battle systems. If you don't want the enemy to attack while you're deciding your next move then set the game to WAIT. If you like high-pressure situations and making fast decisions then play ATB and turn the battle speed to HIGH.
  • Over 20 playable superheroes, each with their own unique powers and personalities.
  • Level up and customize your gear. You'll need every advantage you can get to reclaim the city from those controlling it.
  • The city is at your fingertips. Will you target the muggers and carjackers or focus your attention on corrupt politicians and criminal enterprises?
  • FAME — did you save a family from a burning building? Was it you who fought off those thieves who robbed the First Bank of Utopia? The more heroic deeds you perform the more famous you'll become. Get discounts on gear, see your face on billboards, and enjoy having a legion of adoring fans.
  • CHARACTER CREATION — not only will you be able to select your physical features, but you'll be able to pick your costume and abilities as well.

Videos

What's in the Demo?

The demo is about an hour long and covers the game's prologue/first two dungeons. Character creation, patrol mode, item management and equipment, and other features are not present.

VPiAHjx.png

This looks promising, thank you for sharing.

Have you considered adding some some tongue in the cheek attitutude do it? Kinda like Comix Zone did back in the time? Or you want to be serious abot it?

This looks promising, thank you for sharing.

Have you considered adding some some tongue in the cheek attitutude do it? Kinda like Comix Zone did back in the time? Or you want to be serious abot it?

Thanks!

I do plan on parodying comic books and superheroes in general to some degree but I don't want to go overboard with it. I'm not going for nonstop Deadpool-level silliness but the game won't be super serious and dark either (the demo is probably a poor representation of the tone of the actual game). I'm going to try to go the Uncharted route and create a story that's serious but made fun and more lighthearted because of the characters, their interactions with one another, and the situations they end up in when coming face-to-face with very real threats. I hope that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom