Pricewatch!

I just gave a look at the reviews - the game is only about an hour long and has few interactions. More of a $20 VR movie. It's gotten on the top sellers list but I expect to pass on it.

Yep, not sure how the VR thing works. It says not additional hardware required. Really?

Where does it say that? On Steam they are pretty clear about the VR headset requirement (I mean how else would a VR game work? :biggrin: ).

Lookie here at the attachment...

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 220
Under system requirements it said nothing about vr hardware.

OK. But then again does it ever say you need a "PC" under hardware requirements? No, it (usually) doesn't. It just lists some random components. No word about an assembled PC being required. System requirements usually also do not list a mouse or a keyboard or headset/speakers or any of the cables.

See where this is going? :biggrin:

I mean come on... VR without a VR HMD or other VR-specific interface like a glove or whatever ... one word: How?

Besides, Steam usually always has one of those orange notice boxes whenever a game has special requirements. Here's another example off the top of my head...

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 211
I didn't see any orange boxes for this one. In fact nowhere under requirements did it say what sort of VR gear you needed. Admit it, it's a really shitty product description.

Last edited:
Anyone used these guys? They're on the last day of a spring sale and there are a few nice deals in there:

http://www.wingamestore.com/

The whole Gothic and Arcania series:
http://www.wingamestore.com/product/5501/ArcaniA-Gothic-Complete-Pack/
9.99US

Here's the deal that caught my eye:

http://www.wingamestore.com/product/6117/Titan-Quest-Anniversary-Edition/
3.99US

If you haven't played Titan Quest, go buy this now. The anniversary edition improves resolutions, adds more legendaries, and does a balance patch to make some classes, like pyromancer, playable on Legendary.

http://www.wingamestore.com/product/4688/Drakensang-The-River-of-Time/
Drakensang sequel, which is a more polished game too. 4.99US

Last edited:
Anyone used these guys? They're on the last day of a spring sale and there are a few nice deals in there:

I haven't bought from WinGameStore - but it is aligned with MacGameStore ... which I have used quite a bit through the years and have always been solid and reliable.

Haven't used wingames. You can usually pick up the Gothic and Arcania series cheaper on Steam.

Humble store has all the iterations of Elder Scrolls Online on sale at the mo. It's not that deep but it looks pretty, there's a lot of content to explore and is very solo-able.

Haven't used wingames. You can usually pick up the Gothic and Arcania series cheaper on Steam.

Humble store has all the iterations of Elder Scrolls Online on sale at the mo. It's not that deep but it looks pretty, there's a lot of content to explore and is very solo-able.

Cheaper than 9.99 for all 6 games. Goodness!

Oh my gosh - Humble has ALL the Bloom County strips plus Outland and Opus for $15?? OK, it isn't RPG related in any way but, hey, Oliver is certainly computer related. Close enough! https://www.humblebundle.com/books/bloom-county-comics-bundle

the poor doonesbury (but actually funnier) clone, bloom county was only good for short awhile. Last I read it, it was worse than Doonesbury, but still more relevant.

---
That positive bundle has an interesting roguelike called curious expedition. Normally $15, the bundle is asking $10 for it.
---

Naturally, Star Wars titles are 75% off at Gog

But I just noticed our buddy's game, Eschalon I is free right now there too.

Last edited:
Isn't that still more than on iTunes?

I am thinking about buying a game on Green Man Gaming and their site says something about signing in with a VIP account? I couldn't find anything on their store about what it means, if it is an extra pay membership.

I am thinking about buying a game on Green Man Gaming and their site says something about signing in with a VIP account? I couldn't find anything on their store about what it means, if it is an extra pay membership.

It's free. I'm pretty sure all you have to do is register. Make sure you're on their email list too.

VIP costs you nothing. It's a site section showing some games with better discounts.

Regarding prices, there are three games on my wishlist currently being discounted:

-Mordheim: Cith of Damned (Steam Daily Deal, 75% off, biggest discount ever)
-Offworld Trading Company (Steam Midweek Madness, 75% off, biggest discount ever)
-Stellaris (40% off on Steam, valid thru 14th May, but you can currently grab it for US$ 12 Humble Bundle Monthly alongside a bunch of other games which will be revealed later).

Coincidentally, all of them on Steam :)

Can anyone tell me good thing about Mordheim? Is it a RPG? Can I play it single player (aka, does it have a campaign)?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom