Elex Elex First Impressions

I kill the music too, Corwin. Not immediately on startup, but probably within an hour or so of play. I honestly can't remember a single tune from Elex, so it probably didn't score well :D

I loved DivDiv's music though.

I don't think in my entire life of gaming I have ever turned off sound (excluding multi-player game where I needed it off because I needed to talk in a group). Turned down now and then sure but not off. I love music in games - it sets the atmosphere, the sounds, the effects, the mood. It adds to the immersion.

My friend plays random music when gaming. Hiphop, jazz or even heavy metal. Don't understand how one can do that, though. It's bizarroland to me. :)

I turn all music and sound OFF in games I find it a distraction!!

Haha i have a friend like that, he does not even have speakers for his computer.

I do turn off music if it gets too repeative, i find it very annoying when the option to turn music off is not there (looking at you, Nintendo)..

I don't think I've ever turned off music in a game, but I often find the default volume much too high. I typically keep speech and sound FX at 100% and adjust the music to around 50% for most games.

Music and sound is half the game for me; if it warrants being turned off, the developers failed in my view.

The music is like flawed blade runner at times and at other times generic fantasy. I like the sound effects though.

It's weird to start Chapter 2, be handed a laundry list of missions, and say yeah - I did all those already. Why do I need you exactly?

Music and sound is half the game for me; if it warrants being turned off, the developers failed in my view.

Big plus one there from me.

Actually if I had to pick, I would pick soundtrack over vocals. I would have no problem reading dialogue if the developer didn't have the funds for vocals. Spider's Fairy comes to mind there.

I just found this thread. Oh my, was it ever predictable in an endearing way. I've missed the Watch ;)

Add me to the turn off the music list. I keep all other sounds on though.

Exploring through the wilderness or sneaking through a bandit camp with an orchestra booming from the heavens is immersion breaking for me.

Btw, haven’t seen anything on stealth gameplay, any info on that?

Anyone know if PB has officially confirmed more patches are planned and for when?

I would like to know as well. I would especially like them to make the skill tooltips clearer - and I find it really strange just how poor they are.

Plenty of skill tooltips are misleading / poorly translated.

Just finished it. In the end it was a real blast and while i still dont understand the decision to separate attribute points from the direct benefits, it doesnt really harm the fun. ;)

On to Spellforce 3 now!

Video game music is low quality for me, I rarely see any reason to endure that.

I'm listening music albums some artists tried craft with care, imagination and with art if possible. Video games just don't match, it's poor music quality.

There's some exceptions but quite a minority. Moreover even the exceptions suffer of the problem of loops, it's loops repeated again and again. No way it's a careful crafting for each second for movies music, or many of them.

That's why people enjoying video game music are alien for me, and I suspect they don't have much music culture.

Back
Top Bottom