What games are you playing now?

Eh, Asus Striker Extreme motherboard is quite new, just about 1 year+ i think.

True. But the 680i motherboards have problems with 45nm quad processors, they cannot run them at all. Asus managed to make a bios upgrade for Striker Extreme though. Beyond that, the 680i boards are already dead due to that problem.

What you gonna do with your replaced peripherals?

I do not know. Usually I do not bother about trying to sell them, but now I at least have a Q6600 over. I have to think about that.

Congrats for the upgraded system BTW. I would probably do that late this year when Windows 7 is out.

I hope they manage better with that one than with Vista.

I love System Shock 2, one of the most atmospheric games ever. A lot of old-timers claim it was a step back from SS1, but I consider it to be on par with the original. Is it your first time playing?

I recently tried Sacred for the first time after seeing some of the discussion about Sacred 2. I found it mildly entertaining for a little while, but quickly grew tired of clicking my mouse button 100 times per minute. I never was a big fan of that style of game though....

Just purchased both NOLF games off Amazon, I've decided to give them another try. Lord knows you've raved about them enough in the past. ;)

Not my first time through SS2 ... but it has been *years* since I finished it ...

Yeah, I bought Sacred Gold on the Steam sale ... wanted to see if it ran OK on the netbook ... it runs fine, but I'll put my time into Sacred 2 instead.

NOLF ... yummy. Never finished the retro article I was writing ...

Weird day. I decided to make some progress on some oldies, so I finished 2 missions in Alien Shooter Vengeance, 1 level in Dark Forces and explored four levels of the Catacombs in Elvira 2. I also managed to get Outcast to run in Windows XP.

Oh - and as for now playing, my netbook got some additions:
- System Shock 2
- Hexplore
- Sacred Gold

slightly off-topic but i'm curious as to which model you are using since i'm planning to get one for gaming on the road.

Internally, I always call that game "Assassin's Greed".

slightly off-topic but i'm curious as to which model you are using since i'm planning to get one for gaming on the road.

I had originally had a HP Mini-Note 2133, but despite the excellent design it was too slow.

Now I have a Lenovo s10, which I upgraded to 2GB of RAM ... pretty essential.

Enjoy King's Bounty, Sammy. I'm struggling through it again on the hard setting--requires just a bit more attention to detail, but still fun. Picked up a copy of Jade Empire for cheap at gogamer so waiting for that to arrive.

I started playing Valkyrie Profile 2 today.
It took me about three hours of gaming *and* reading the manual to a) get used to the side-scrolling dungeons and b) fully understand the game mechanics.
No, really, it's the first game manual I read in years; I would never have found out about how to acquire talents all by myself - trial and error just didn't do the trick.
But now that I finally know how things work in this game, I must say that I like it.

How about spending two days mapping a dungeon with a pencil and paper (Elvira 2). Sometimes I wonder about my mental health considering the games I force myself to play.

I started playing Valkyrie Profile 2 today.

Had you played the original? I played it on the PSP last year (well, '07) and it was pretty good, but definitely a bit obscure at times.

No, haven't played it, but I know the story. You play against a time limit, right? I was afraid No. 2 would use the time limit, too, but it doesn't (lucky me!).

No, haven't played it, but I know the story. You play against a time limit, right?

Yeah - every time you do something you are reminded of how many turns are left until Ragnarock!

Because of the system requirements?

lol, that's a good one ! :D

No, I don't know why I came up with this name variant. Maybe because of the fine clothes of the assassin ? ;)

I was planning to try to finish MotB, but today I bought Drakensang, and it seems I will be playing this now.

First impressions are good, though the camera drives me crazy at times.

Have you installed the patch ?

Because then you can adjust the camera's sensitivity in the options menu.

been playing a litle Hinterland tonight. I never play Dwarves in any game, but in this one I'm cruising around w/ one and he's pretty fun to play, all decked out in his plate clobbering the enemy w/ two casters in tow (healer and buffer).

It seems to really fall into the "best weapons in the last 5 mins of the game" syndrome. It's pretty cool I guess to finally attain the ultimate cool weapons and all that, but what good are they if the game ends right after I get them?

Just when i don my greatest armor and hoist my new cleaver of the heavens the game ends! BAh!

been playing a litle Hinterland tonight.
... another game I have and need to play more ...

Finally started playing Left4Dead. Once again Valve shows they know about fun PC shooters.

Back
Top Bottom