RPGWatch - Summer 2020 Key Giveaway Preparation

On Steam you can buy a game as a gift. You then have it in your inventory and can give it to somebody else (you will not see a key).

On third party sites like Humble Bundle, Fanatical, Indiegala, etc. you can buy games and then receive keys. Humble also has the feature to convert keys (before they are revealed) into gift links.

You can also check here for nice deals:
https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/

Ah, that explains it, I've never shopped at key sites before. So if I bought a game as a gift on Steam would I get a code or would I have to know the other person's email/Steam Account?

Ah, that explains it, I've never shopped at key sites before. So if I bought a game as a gift on Steam would I get a code or would I have to know the other person's email/Steam Account?

It's been a while since I have done it, but I think you have to send a friend request through Steam and after the other person accepted it you can gift them the item. So yes, you need to know the Steam account/Steam name.

We have 120 keys now, including a generous amount for Urtuk from Mad Sheep Studios.
At this rate I can give 2 keys away per person :)

Checked Urtuk and looks interesting, never heard of it before.

We have 120 keys now, including a generous amount for Urtuk from Mad Sheep Studios.
At this rate I can give 2 keys away per person :)

Ohhh I would like urtuk, hopefully I can get a key:)

I'll be donating a few later today (inc. PoE and Risen 3 Complete, I think.) [Edit: done!]

Oh yes, Urtuk looks great. I think I remember playing a kinda retro predecessor way back when?

Last edited:
We have 130 keys now, including a key donation by Timeslip Softworks for Vigilantes.

neat, cant wait for tomorrow or whenever the games are shown :biggrin:

It starts somewhere in the coming days. It depends a bit on when I have time and when I have time, if I remember to do it :)

I'd be curious to see how Vigilantes turned out. I held off at first, because it looked a bit sparse.

@Myrthos; I have sent some keys your way, I hope I'm not too late... hard to find time for myself these days. Good luck all!

Great stuff as always and good luck to everyone !
Sent a message via PM with some keys .

Greetings from Greece
Peter

Thanks all for sending the keys.

The giveaway is now up, so I won't be accepting any new keys now. You'll have to hold on to them for another 6 months or so, or give them to someone else.

Back
Top Bottom