The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki - New Trailer

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Nihon Falcom presents a new trailer for The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki:

The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki (literally "Trails in the Dark") is the eleventh installment in the main Trails series. It will be released in September 30, 2021 on PlayStation 4.

Setting

The game marks the second half of the Trails series, set in Calvard. The story is set in S.1208, a year after Hajimari no Kiseki. Thanks to postwar reparations, the multinational state of Calvard experiences unprecedented economic growth while continuously dealing with public unrest caused by immigration and the new president's radical reforms. In a corner of Edith, a young man working as a Spriggan receives a peculiar job that will result into something larger, affecting the entirety of the Republic.

More information.

Hajimari no Kiseki - Trails of the Beginning hasn't even been released on the PC yet.

Link - https://kiseki.fandom.com/wiki/The_Legend_of_Heroes:_Hajimari_no_Kiseki
The game takes place after the Great Twilight and events of Trails of Cold Steel IV. It focuses the intertwining fates of three protagonists operating throughout Zemuria: the hero, Rean Schwarzer; the liberator, Lloyd Bannings; and the Hermit, a masked person named "C". The perspective of the game alternates between these three groups through the Cross Story mechanism
Hopefully soon on August 26, 2021.

No problem for me while I prefer an English translation I understand Japanese.

Seems weird to port it to Switch and PC only in Japan and Asia though.

Seems weird to port it to Switch and PC only in Japan and Asia though.

I know historically the sales had been lackluster in NA/EU for the series, not sure about recent years ... I am just glad they keep getting released!

Hmm for the older games in the series I have to agree, but I thought with the more recent games being ported to PC on Steam, and GOG the sales were much better.

Some discussion on reddit predicts you wont see the tenth game Trails of the Beginning for the English market till 2022. Trails in the Dark the 11th game sometime in 2024.

Just add a few more months for the Steam and GOG English ports.

Edit: Looks like the translation & localization will be done by a different studio.

Hmm for the older games in the series I have to agree, but I thought with the more recent games being ported to PC on Steam, and GOG the sales were much better.

Yeah, just did a quick search and evidently last August before ToCS IV released the series had ticked over 5 million units in total. Not blockbuster, but solid sales and an increased over the last few years.

That's good to know that we'll actually be getting them, I don't mind a bit of a wait. I'll certainly be waiting for the full english translation, which might also allow time for icky bugs and such to be squashed. Simply knowing that the games are coming for the computer crowd is sauce for the goose.

Back
Top Bottom