Coronavirus (No Politics)

Well, my boss just told me that since we talk to patients but don't have to get close we won't get vaccines earlier than others. I understand it, but I'm still disappointed. That means it's probably a month or so until I get it. They are at 55+ this week and I'm 37. Sigh....

Luckily my dad is vaccinated so we can meet him again at least. I have four days off after today, so we are going to see him tomorrow. That's what matters most at this point.

That decision sounds strange to me.

What? Why?
With my asthma, I didn't want to do any enclosed places that I didn't really need to do. Shaggy hair/beard is a bit annoying but hardly worth risking my life over. Pretty low risk but even lower reward.

…Shaggy hair/beard is a bit annoying….
What? Why?

an incarnation of pibbur who actually (stupidly) was questioning the (surprising) need for attacking hair with sharp devices. He doesn't do things like that, but that is, as said before, probably the result of objectively becoming better looking the more he hides of his face.

We can sit 2 meters away, with protective gear on, so the risk of being infected is tiny. But it affects my performance a bit, since I'm a little worried about getting infected anyway. And the gear is annoying

Okay, I understand it better now.

Keep the gear on.

Got my second shot two days ago. Some slight shoulder soreness yesterday, but not today. Which means I have no excuse for not mowing the lawn (and not going to the gym).

No other problems. *Sighs*

an incarnation of pibbur who sees good and bad in most (too many) things.

I got my shot yesterday, I went the Johnson/Jenson route just to have the single shot and have it over with. I've some soreness in my upper arm and I slept like a bear last night, and sometimes when I move around I feel unbalanced, those are the only symptoms I've felt to date, so far.

I got both of my shots in May and had no side effects. My shoulder got pretty sore for a short period of time after the first shot, and not really at all the second time.

It's been three days now since I had my shot. The lump in my arm faded after the second day, and for the two days after the shot I slept far more than my average, at one point I felt like I had a slight fever, that lasted maybe three hours with no further symptoms. Today I feel completely normal.

I got my second shot on Saturday but no side effects other than a sore arm.

It's now Freedom Day in the UK. They've stopped all legal restrictions although some companies are continuing as they were including my kid's nursery.

Many shops are asking people to continue wearing masks.

My mum and one of my brothers are headed back to the Emerald Isle for a visit in about three weeks. I tried talking her out of it, yet at her advanced age she's going to do as she will. I, however, made the conscious choice not to go, at least for now. It just doesn't strike me as smart to travel at this current time.

Had my second shot of Moderna two days ago. After the first shot, I had neither any side effects (other than the aforementioned sore arm) nor any reaction to speak of. This time, still no side effects - but the reaction hit me like a truck yesterday (figuratively speaking, factually it felt more like a typical fever, with elevated temperature, headaches and aching limbs, but lasting for little more than a day).

So I guess that's a good sign - the first shot must have done its job?

The irony is that now Covid is back on the rise. :-/

Yes, but luckily the rise in cases isn't as strongly linked to deaths anymore.
From what I have understood this is very likely due to the vaccine rollout having been successful. Serious complications from COVID are much more rare when vaccinated.

It's been roughly six weeks since I'd my shot, and other than feeling rather sleepy for two days, with a slightly sore arm for a few hours the second day, I had no issues. The peace of mind alone made it well worth doing.

Back
Top Bottom