Massive Starcraft 2 Singleplayer Preview

Today the NDA was lifted for the press-event that happened on July the 20th or smth and a boatload of content was unveiled about the singleplayer campaign for SC2. And it's awesome as hell. God I can't wait to play it. It's gonna be the most massive single-player experience ever seen in an rts. God I'm pumped. :D

http://sclegacy.com/feature/3-events/472-july-20-2009-wings-of-liberty-single-player-info

There's plenty of articles, some HD videos with scenes from the Terran Campaign and some other FAQs and interviews. A loregasm as blizzplanet has said. :D

Enjoy. :D

Damn, that link doesn't work for me. I want to see those new videos...

Blizzplanet also has a massive preview.

As for the video:
SC2 Singleplayer Video HD
SC2 Singleplayer Video SD

EDIT: Oh, and here's an interesting little tid-bit. Apparently we'll be able to talk to friends that are on Battle.net while playing the singleplayer campaign. Awesome. Now, while you're playing the game alone a friend can just pop in and invite you to a multiplayer match. It's cool how everything comes together. And I love the achievement system. And all the love that's going into the lore of the game. It's gonna be one helluva ride alright. :D

I don't really care all that much about multiplayer, but this game just went back on my "must buy" list after watching that video. :)

This game looks more polished then 95% of already released games and they've just postponed it to q2 2010. I wonder what's taking so long, can't only be balancing?

This game looks more polished then 95% of already released games and they've just postponed it to q2 2010. I wonder what's taking so long, can't only be balancing?

From what I've heard it's because of Battle.net 2.0. They're not 100% satisfied with it. Which means it's in pretty good shape considering it's Blizzard.

From what I've heard it's because of Battle.net 2.0. They're not 100% satisfied with it. Which means it's in pretty good shape considering it's Blizzard.

They stated that outright in the PR last week about the delay.

They stated that outright in the PR last week about the delay.

Right. :p I knew I heard that from somewhere. :D

For some more SC2 goodness, check out this awesome cg cinematic that was released last year, but in poor quality. Now we get to see it in full blown HD (actually just 720p :) , but great nonetheless ). Enjoy.

SC 2 Old Rivals Cinematic HD
SC 2 Old Rivals Cinematic SD

Kerrigan & Zeratul are just frikkin' awesome. :D

Another awesome video taken from GamesCon in Cologne by Multiplayer.it, an italian site. This one features a bit of singleplayer gameplay, but the awesome thing about this video is the aprox 2 minutes of ingame cinematics in the singleplayer adventure-mode. And it looks amazing. Tychus's marine battlesuit looks amazing.

SC2 Multiplayer.it Singleplayer Video HD
SC2 Multiplayer.it Singleplayer Video SD

Some screens off of Battle.net 2.0 that was revealed during the Battle.net panel at Blizzcon. It looks nice and it's gonna offer a lot of features. They're even doing a SC2 Marketplace where map-makers can keep their maps, and they can release them for free or make them premium maps/game modes which cost some money, and the map makers will receive a share of said profits. I'm not interested in buying maps/game modes but I'm sure other people are, now being motivated by monetary gains.

Some of the features that are really cool in BN 2.0 are matchmaking. I like the new ladder system, with leagues (Practice League, Copper, Gold, Pro Leagues, etc ) and players having a rank based on how good they are in the game. They said they want all players to have a 50/50 chance of winning/loosing a game when they play against players of their own level. And I like the sound of that, as I usually get mopped when I play multiplayer against unknown players.

I'm going to skip any videos that show in-game cinematics, I would rather see them for the first time when I actually play the game.

Holy Mackerel! Tricia Helfer was cast as Kerrigan. That was seriously unexpected.

Oh, and a first screenshot of the ingame Arcturus Mengsk. Looks awesome.
994_normal.png

Last edited:
And here is the amazing section on the power of the map editor of SC2...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joNPrnY4K_4

Uberlisk
Third Person Shooter (SC Ghost :p )
Blizzard's "Lost Viking" (like the game R-Type)

They introduced Tricia during the Lore Panel. Everything was so tense, because they kept her last (they brought the main SC2: WOL cast on stage plus Andrea Romano, the voice director). But she was very nice about the whole thing. She was honest and said upfront that she wasn't very tech-savvy or into game, unlike most actors involved in games that all think they're gamers :p, but that she loved the character, and the duality of Kerrigan. Chris Metzen, who presided over the Lore Panel, said that she was perfect during casting, and that he knew she was the one to use.

The level editor of SC2 is indeed very powerful. They brought up some cool stuff during the gameplay panel. It's very versatile. You can pretty much to most types of games. I'm seriously looking forward to some awesome rpgs. :D

EDIT: Some of the other highlights of the lore panel were the other actors which were just amazing. The actor playing Arcturus Mengsk was very cool. It's the same actor as in SC1. So was Tychus Finley, the marine that says the "Hell it's about time" line. Great voice actor. Robert Clotworthy, was also cool. Another surprise was Gabriel Tosh, the Rastafarian ghost. He just sounds badass. Plus Metzen confirmed that Nova will be making a cameo appearance. So that's also pretty cool.

EDIT2: Some more SC2 goodies. Gamespot has big parts of the Art Panel online. Looks amazing. The environments are beautiful. The units look great. It's gonna be a long winter. :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom