The TV Series discussion thread

Oh look the whole numbers and sales make something good counterpoint.:biggrin:

Usually see this brought up about COD and other crap games.

Anyway.

Jon the man who we've been following since the first episode has died, been brought back to life, killed the mad mother of dragons, completed his journey by heading back right to where he started!

As punishment for killing Dany even though it's likely he saved everyone. He gets sent back to The Wall to be a member of the Night's Watch (despite the fact that there's no longer any White Walker threat and the Wildlings are now friendly).
Quality story telling at it's best.:rolleyes:

080.jpg

For me the show easily peaked in the fourth series. Every series after that saw a drop in quality, with huge minuses hitting in the last two.

It was interesting how Dorne came back into the fold, and the north bowed out. They literally switched places, except that the relationship between Sansa and Bran will likely be stronger than anything ever was between Dorne and King's Landing.

Do I have butt-hurt? :thinking:

I sure do after wasting eight years to watch this piece of crap ending.

By the way most of us are a bunch of whiners and complainers on this forum.:p

Last edited:
For me the show easily peaked in the fourth series. Every series after that saw a drop in quality, with huge minuses hitting in the last two.

I don't know about that. The sixth season was phenomenal. The Battle of the Bastards was one of the best large-scale battle scenes on TV.

Kit Harington Doesn't Give a F*ck About Critics of Game of Thrones Season Eight.

Link - https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/a27129141/kit-harington-game-of-thrones-critics-fans/
"Now if people feel let down by it, I don't give a fuck," he concluded. "That's how I feel — because everyone tried their hardest. That's how I feel. In the end, no one's bigger fans of the show than we are, and we're kind of doing it for ourselves. That's all we could do, really. And I was just happy we got to the end."
No Kit you can go F*ck yourself.:salute:

Fortunately it is just a TV show instead of something really important....

I know most of my issues about the television version come from my own comparison to the novels, and that's an issue I can only resolve myself. Talking about it seems to help, though!!

My overriding feeling about the finale was that its biggest problem, as has been the case towards the end, was not so much that any of the facts of the story were a huge problem in themselves, but that the path to them hadn't been developed - moments that hadn't been "earned", in a storytelling sense. I think it could have all been quite satisfactory, with perhaps another season's worth of episodes to bring us to these endings.

I didn't love the script, and I thought the structure of the episode was dramatically a bit clunky - resolving the big finale in the first third, then a "some time later" interlude, with the rest being essentially epilogue.

Fortunately it is just a TV show instead of something really important….

I'm LOLing at the fact there are people who actually signed a petition for HBO to reshoot the entire series. Ridiculous.

Do they honestly think HBO will spend the time and money to reshoot everything over again? With the increase in year-over-year subscriptions since the show started, HBO executives are laughing themselves to the bank.

Do they care about the audience? No. The public outrage will fester for another week or two, then everyone will find something new to throw their anger. Meanwhile, HBO will shoot the prequel and spin-offs and continue milking the series. In the end, the channel wins.

Do they honestly think HBO will spend the time and money to reshoot everything

Nah, it's more or less a "fuck you" from some of the previous fans, they wanted to show there are many unhappy, and they wanted to make sure it gets through to the writers. It probably did since even some of the actors says they saw the petition.

Yea, well, I'm still ME #1 fan and I can't stand Evangelion ending of the trilogy, but am I really a proven story writer with respectable works behind me or just another internet troll? Why would a developer change something just because one cretin with nickname joxer finds it atrocious while the company's decisionmakers insisted on such ending?

Whatever and whomever wanted to show something, the decision how GoT will end was made elsewhere. Just like I yell "down with EA's CEO", if those so called fans want to change something, that's not photoshop but remove CEO of whatever company. Yea, but photoshop is easy autoaim mode with mushrooms, while CEO is iron mode with permadeath.

Note that I liked how GoT's final season turned out. Not every single bit of it, but dustcleaning and similar chores are not something I care about when everything that matters is great.

Note that I liked how GoT's final season turned out. Not every single bit of it, but dustcleaning and similar chores are not something I care about when everything that matters is great.

I do think the final books will provide a better ending than what the show could provide.

I do not know whether anybody has already posted this, because I have stopped following this thread in case I’d stumble on any spoilers about the tv series.

George Martin in his blog on the 20th of May:
How will it all end? I hear people asking. The same ending as the show? Different?

Well… yes. And no. And yes. And no. And yes. And no. And yes.

I am working in a very different medium than David and Dan, never forget. They had six hours for this final season. I expect these last two books of mine will fill 3000 manuscript pages between them before I’m done… and if more pages and chapters and scenes are needed, I’ll add them. And of course the butterfly effect will be at work as well; those of you who follow this Not A Blog will know that I’ve been talking about that since season one. There are characters who never made it onto the screen at all, and others who died in the show but still live in the books… so if nothing else, the readers will learn what happened to Jeyne Poole, Lady Stoneheart, Penny and her pig, Skahaz Shavepate, Arianne Martell, Darkstar, Victarion Greyjoy, Ser Garlan the Gallant, Aegon VI, and a myriad of other characters both great and small that viewers of the show never had the chance to meet. And yes, there will be unicorns… of a sort…

Book or show, which will be the “real” ending? It’s a silly question. How many children did Scarlett O’Hara have?

How about this? I’ll write it. You read it. Then everyone can make up their own mind, and argue about it on the internet.
O and:
And I’m writing. Winter is coming, I told you, long ago… and so it is. THE WINDS OF WINTER is very late, I know, I know, but it will be done. I won’t say when, I’ve tried that before, only to burn you all and jinx myself… but I will finish it, and then will come A DREAM OF SPRING.

It would be absolutely hilarious if Martin had been sitting on Winds of Winter for the past few months, then markets it within the next month or two, just to ride the hype ribbon. I believe this summer makes it eight years since the last book, so another soon would be nice. As I've said before though, as long as he keeps editing and writing for the Wild Card books, Martin can do no wrong in my opinion. That series came first, so I do understand his loyalty to it.

Finally finished GoT. Now I can visit this thread again. I haven't read all reactions yet but I think it is natural that an author (of books) can deliver a better script as they have more time to write and rewrite stuff until it is perfect. 1-2 years for one book is normal I believe, for Martin it is even much too short. While the writers of the show probably only had 6 months or even less to come up with a conclusion.

What's strange to me is that they only allocated 6 episodes to wrap everything up. Was there a reason for this? Maybe ran out of budget? But then again GoT was definitely popular enough (read: racking in a lot of money) to warrant more episodes to properly conclude everything.

I agree, this past series could have easily used ten episodes, yet they did not do so. It adds to the rushed feeling and using foreshadowing as character advancement, as for why they only used six episodes, who knows. A friend of mine just thinks they were off to their next job/project.

Back
Top Bottom