Greedfall Hints and Tips

I agree with Cacheperl pretty much. Constantin is one of those slightly unstable personalities. Has very bad relationship with parents, he comments his mom is more the type to hire assassins and his father considers him worthless. He doesn't take his responsibilities or life seriously. He isn't really a bad person but he also doesn't care about consequences ... he just does what feels right.

You get that from the very start where he gets wasted the night before the trip, causes damage to the bar in a fight due to his big mouth, and captured. He comes off as childish, immature, and irresponsible.

When you land the island his whole attitude is a bit like a child who hasn't grown-up. He is like "this is MY island now" and he wants to the lady governor to take him through the dangerous side of town (adventurous). It is like life is a game.

He is nice, and wants to do right, based on his talks with De Sardet, but gets into conflict with his own nature. He also is terrified of dying based on that talk when he discovers he has the Malichor.

So I think his somewhat unstable personality gets pushed over the edge when he gets it and then made worse when he gets a taste of power and realizes he doesn't have to die.

Gaining that much power can be very intoxicating, and can easily overwhelm someone like a drug (this is common in real life - the saying that power corrupts). His mind gets twisted and he wants to make some sort of paradise (in his own twisted mind) for him and his cousin, who was the only one he felt truly understood him and was always there for him.

I can see traces of narcissim but to me the bigger issues was more that he never seemed to really grow-up and had a lot of self-esteem issues ... so gaining the power he did near the end it easily over-whelmed him as it made him feel like somebody.

I wish games would go for more personal angles. I'm also sick and tired of political alliances in games like these. There's too much world building and heavy lifting they have to do to make me care. They have to introduce and explain all these backstories and history, and inter relationships and it's all just made up for this one game. I end up simply not caring. Or in this case, go against the Religious Zealots because I dislike religion in general in the real world. But that's a shallow attachment and I don't feel connected to the story then.

More personal quests and simplified storylines, please. And less running back and forth. Does anyone play test these games as complete playthroughs? Or do they just test individual quests at a time?

It so obvious that the different parts of this game were made by separate teams, then linked together by long sections of running back and forth. And back and forth.

I am pretty much the opposite. I love it when a game has a lot of rich lore to learn and uncover. One of the reason this game was a GOTY contender for me is how much fun I had unraveling the politics, lore, and how it all intertwined with the life of the characters involved. It was all new and fascinating to me. Same for their mars game.

One thing that kept me going through all the Dragon Age stories is the lore and history of the world they created. Likewise for Outer Worlds, ELEX, Pillars, Torment ... pretty much all games I love world building and getting into the lore.

I would find a game terribly dull if it only focused on people talking about their personal issues.

I mean personal issues are the focus in a political world full of lore, versus "I have to solve all these problems for various political/ideological factions". Lore and world building still need to be a part of all this.

It just seems hollow that the PC is so often personally in charge of fixing big political conflicts, sometimes multiple times in the same game. It leads to crap where one character becomes the Leader of the Archmages, the Head of the Thieves Guild, the General of the Guards and the High Priest of a religious cult in the same play through.

...It leads to crap where one character becomes the Leader of the Archmages, the Head of the Thieves Guild, the General of the Guards and the High Priest of a religious cult in the same play through.

That I can totally agree on. Not a fan of one character doing it all and being in charge of all things. I think someone could be in more than one faction but certainly not all.

I didn't really feel that in GF though, maybe because De Sardet is a diplomat and part of his job was keeping everyone working together.

are there games where women are even uglier than in this game? haha

6tgZll5.png

There are. Every Nintendo Gameboy title and so called retro shovelware.

I found this game very enjoyable recently. The exploration was unfortunately kind of lacking because there wasn't much to find, and it screamed for a more in-depth faction system than it god. However the combat, setting and story were very good, which kept me playing happily to the end. Shooting a rifle to take out armor and then rushing in with a saber never got old.

Combine this combat and atmosphere with Piranha Bytes' factions and exploration and you'd have a killer RPG on your hands.

Heh im playing it now, so far 25h in and the setting and story are quite boring for me, but the quests and exploration are very nice. Went warrior style and at first it was pretty crap but now im level 22 i think and it became easy with stasis and healing at max.

I see they hired witcher 3 voice actors, they do a fine job but there are are few npcs faces overall, not to mention women faces are just terrible, kills the atmosphere. Also a good thing, no need to load when entering buildings haha.

Overall enjoyable but i liked technomancer more.

Heh im playing it now, so far 25h in and the setting and story are quite boring for me, but the quests and exploration are very nice.

The story isn't the most interesting thing ever but I do like the setting a lot. The colonial setting in Risen 2 and 3 also made those games more interesting than they otherwise would have been for me. Maybe I just have an interest in that era.

These low budget games should not try to go photo-realistic. It just never works. Even the big, expensive games from large studios can't pull off photo realism 100% of the time.

Greedfall is a huge disappointment. Too much running back and forth. It's crazy... did anyone play test this? Did the testers ENJOY this much back and forth crap?

Hi!

If you don't mind me necroing this thread :)

A friend of mine gifted me Greedfall and, given I have a weak spot for Thieves/Rogues characters, I picked the Technical class (because lockpicking). I started to play the game in Hard difficulty level. Soon I met a character who wants to test my combat skills, I think his name is Kurt. He draws his longsword, I draw my … dagger???… and he beats the crap out of me :D

Questions:

1) Before I get too long in the game: is Technical a really viable class in the game? I know warrior could be easier to try, but I'm not looking for ease now :)
2) Are we intended to lost that match to Kurt at the beggining of the game, or can he be "defeated"?

Last edited:
You can defeat Kurt, yes. Took me a few tries with my mage on normal difficulty.

)Before I get too long in the game: is Technical a really viable class in the game? I know warrior could be easier to try, but I'm not looking for ease now :)

You won't be just Technical anyways. You'll end up being a mix because of how many skill points you receive throughout the game.

I don't know how to change weapons from one slot to another.

Greedfall.jpg

I have this Regulation Al Saad Sabre right here, I wanna equip it on Melee Weapon Slot A (it is currently on Melee Weapon B). Simple, right? And I just can't figure it out. Please help!

The game is quite good but it makes such simple, trivial things unnecessarily complicated.

Last edited:
I don't remember having that issue. Maybe try replacing both weapons with other weapons in your inventory and then put the Sabre in slot A from your inventory?

I don't remember having that issue. Maybe try replacing both weapons with other weapons in your inventory and then put the Sabre in slot A from your inventory?

Ha, I figured it out by myself and managed to put the Sabre in Weapon Slot A (no, Google wasn't my friend here, there are lots of people with the same doubt and I couldn't find an effective answer).

I'll try to explain how I did it, maybe this can help someone who's in the same situation as me:

1) Initial situation -> the Sabre isn't attached to any slot.
Greedfall1.jpg

2) Now we open the inventory screen. When you mouseover the weapon in Slot A, we can see it belongs to the Blackened Short Sword:
Greedfall2.jpg

3) Now click on the icon representing the Melee Weapon A, and you'll be able to see all melee weapons you have. Then I clicked twice on the Sabre in order to equip it in the Slot A:
Greedfall3.jpg

4) End result:
Greedfall4.jpg

Now that I've done it, it may seem simple :) But the fact is, this is not-so-well communicated in-game. When seeing the Meele Weapon Inventory, the game could display in the below part of screen, alongside the buttons "Back", "Help" etc, another button like "Equip on Slot A" or "Equip on Slot B" to make this easier (or, at least, less clumsy).

Threadnecro

I just started playing this game. It's on the XBOX Game Pass which I got a few months ago for £1, so why not. I don't have the DLC.

Initial thoughts after finishing the tutorial area and the first optional quests are that this could be a really fun game.
I can't put it down except when I have to and it's bedtime now for me. Really enjoying it, and a great change of pace to the slower burns of Pathfinder and Dragonfall.

My main two gripes at the moment are backtracking and the compass. Is there a way to turn off the compass. I prefer exploring on my own if I can and only having it if I really need it. At the moment, it just keeps telling me where to go which is annoying. I guess that the map icons would also need to go somehow.

I don't have it currently installed at the moment but in the options you can change the combat and exploration UI from full to other settings, that might let you hide the compass ... but I think it might be all or nothing when it comes to hiding the HUD.

I used a couple mods to help with the visuals but don't recall if there was one on Nexus to hide the compass and if playing the gold edition some of the mods are no longer compatible. The sheath one I used plus one to unlock camera for screenshots.

Not a lot of them so easy to browse: https://www.nexusmods.com/greedfall

Spider games have a lot of backtracking, at least this one and Technomancer did. As you progress you will open up campsites for fast travel which helps a lot.

I've started it, too. I must say, I've never seen so many little loot crates! In the starter city and the first city on the island, they show up every 10 yards! If you don't see one, there's probably a box hidden behind something.

Like @wolfgrimdark;, I'm playing a mage build. It was pretty rough until I finally found my first new ring (bought it from a native merchant). That doubled my damage output!

Combat was frustrating at first because the game has run and dodge as the same key. I would blast away until my mana bar was empty, enemies would come bounding toward me, and I would try to run away. But the first attempt wouldn't run, it would dodge! You've got to keep trying to run, despite the animation, to get your guy/gal moving. It took some time, but I'm getting used to it now.

I've been big on intuition in my play-through, mostly because of the dialog options. It's been very good for back stabbing, too. I can sneak up on those bear-things and assassinate them in one shot! If I go through a pack in the right order, I can take nearly all of them down. Even the grey alphas are knocked down to about 20% HP with a back stab!

What I don't understand about back stabbing is how the damage is calculated. I haven't even got a knife - it just appears in the stabbing animation. Is damage based on my intuition? Level? Primary weapon?

Back
Top Bottom