The TV Series discussion thread

THX1138 is a hack film from a hack director who needed to take a script writing class.

ae3608428fa23e0eed2348cbb06db95b--may-i-the-large.jpg

The remastered version that Lucas fixed because he thought the original 1971 release was broken was a joke. It teetered on the edge of hilarity with the Robert DuVall look-a-like wrestling with a CGI shell-deweller :lol:

Ozark.. eh, i dont know. I like Bateman for the most part, he's like always the genuine nice guy and his situation in itself is pretty interesting. He's rather robotic though, not showing much emotion at all during scenes where i'm sure a normal person would freak out completely. The other characters and side stories are really, really bland. I mean the side story about the gay agent is pretty uninteresting in the first place and then it emerges into a small side story about his mom (!!!!!) too.. give me a f*cking break, It's almost on a south park parody level here.

The bad guys, eh, they're not very memorable, very generic. It's good to see something that isn't too over the top (but its not consistent which leaves a bad taste imo.) Overall i had expected something better after all the praise that i've seen. I guess i'm sucker for interesting characters that really stands out, Sopranos, The Shield and BB has those in numbers..

Is it my imagination or is it pretty evident that the writing in the latest GoT episodes has taken a big step down?

I know it's a low hanging fruit at this point - but I really think it stands out.

I mean, there was great drama potential in the Snow/Daenerys exchange - but what did we get? Bold and the Beautiful.

I took a lot from the poses in those shots with the Stark and Targaryen…..his shots seemed to be just him with little backround, while her shots were bigger, usually with a much more significant back round. I took it as a comparison of their families, histories/traditions, and possibly for what could come next for them both.

What really astonishes me each and every episode this season is how fast things happen…..I'm afraid to blink now during the show for fear that I might miss a battle or three. Each year the tv version seems less a Martin creation, and this year most of all for me. I thought it would be episode five or six before Snow even got to Dragonstone. Its like they got mass transit or something.

I took a lot from the poses in those shots with the Stark and Targaryen…..his shots seemed to be just him with little backround, while her shots were bigger, usually with a much more significant back round. I took it as a comparison of their families, histories/traditions, and possibly for what could come next for them both.

What really astonishes me each and every episode this season is how fast things happen…..I'm afraid to blink now during the show for fear that I might miss a battle or three. Each year the tv version seems less a Martin creation, and this year most of all for me. I thought it would be episode five or six before Snow even got to Dragonstone. Its like they got mass transit or something.

It's simple really, for the previous seasons they had actual books (and big books) to go from, if anything their problem was figuring out what to cut and what to shorten from the books. For these last seasons, the books haven't been written yet, all they have is GRRM's guidelines of what will eventually be written (i.e. major plot points), and they can't probably have anything relevant happening outside those guidelines, so they have to just hit each hot-spot as specified and have harmless extra content to fill the time required.

The second half of the episode almost makes no sense.....I mean, how the HELL did Euron get from King's Landing to Casterly Rock so quickly? We SAW him at King's Landing, taking his accolades and in no perceptible rush, and mere moments later he's destroying a fleet outside Casterly Rock??? Either he truly is a warlock(which I've suspected via the books for quite some time, actually) or he has access to a transporter system of some sort. Most of the entire second part of the most recent episode seemed straight up sloppy.

I wouldn't mind people putting episode details in spoiler tags ... is this something you could do ?

I am watching killjoys season 2. I actually enjoy it a lot more than I thought I would have even though lots of it is cliché.

It's like a feel good show most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The second half of the episode almost makes no sense…..I mean, how the HELL did Euron get from King's Landing to Casterly Rock so quickly? We SAW him at King's Landing, taking his accolades and in no perceptible rush, and mere moments later he's destroying a fleet outside Casterly Rock??? Either he truly is a warlock(which I've suspected via the books for quite some time, actually) or he has access to a transporter system of some sort. Most of the entire second part of the most recent episode seemed straight up sloppy.

Why do you assume that Euron was with the fleet at Casterly Rock? There was nothing to indicate that he was there.

That is certainly possible, but they had his banners, and we've not yet ever seen his fleet deployed without him being present. He doesn't exactly strike me as the trusting sort, but I suppose it's possible. I also don't see him spreading the accolades around with his mates, I think he'd personally be there to hog any and all glory. But, I suppose again, it is possible.

We had only ever seen his fleet deployed 1 previous time.

Besides, that scene obviously took place at a much later date than the last scene at King's Landing because Jamie Lannister was also taking Highgarden at about the same time.

I'm quite enjoying The Expanse. The script and acting are a bit iffy here and there, but it's not bad. I hadn't realised it was adapted from novels, and I think in the early episodes the various threads and factions weren't initially conveyed very well, which is why I didn't originally take to it. Have a read a bit of background I'm getting quite into it.

I'm quite enjoying The Expanse. The script and acting are a bit iffy here and there, but it's not bad. I hadn't realised it was adapted from novels, and I think in the early episodes the various threads and factions weren't initially conveyed very well, which is why I didn't originally take to it. Have a read a bit of background I'm getting quite into it.

Is there a new season out ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not that I know of, I'm just getting to the end of season 1.

Is it my imagination or is it pretty evident that the writing in the latest GoT episodes has taken a big step down?

I know it's a low hanging fruit at this point - but I really think it stands out.

I mean, there was great drama potential in the Snow/Daenerys exchange - but what did we get? Bold and the Beautiful.

It's been low quality, derivative, and rushed for quite some time now - ever since HBO writers took over completely and began wrapping up Martin's [still unfinished] story.

Judging by both her and Charlie's conversation, I think she might still be in her coma. I saw nothing in that room that spawned into existence in the past twenty years or so, and she certainly didn't act at all like her old self. On top of that, why on earth would she marry a hafling?

Back
Top Bottom