Drakensang Question about difficulty in some fights.

bjon045

SasqWatch
I have been playing for a reasonable amount of time (lvl9 and on the 3rd dragon quest) and I still run into fights that are completely impossible. Is this just part of the game design or it is Ergos mod?

I normally play crpgs on the hardest available difficulty and am a veteran of the realms of arkania games but some of the fights in this game are ridiculous. For example I just had a random encounter with 8-9 dragon cultists and they down my party in probably about 30 seconds. Fogrimm has 20 ST 17CN and max willpower lvl 2 shields and a decent shield and ruhlana (sp?) isn't much worse and I have a mod8 elf pet fighting as well as my melee spec rogue. The elf only has time to get off a couple of spells but nothing seems to have any significant effect. The other fights that are causing me problems are the ratqueen and ruhlanas side quest against the black amazons. The thing is, the rest of the fights have been quite easy (once I figured out how important willpower is) so I don't want the overall difficultly turned down.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is it just a matter of luck and running away and waiting till I am higher level?

Mother Rat is very tough, and you shouldn't encounter it too early on.

My Fixpack makes the game slightly harder, though you receive Xp also slightly faster so it shouldn't be too different.

And take care that your party members don't go to a situation where any of them is encountered by too many enemies, because you can only have 2 parries (or 1 without shield) per round, thus you can only parry one or two encounters at the moment.

thanks for the info, I guess I just wait another couple of levels...

Been playing quite awhile now and my characters are level 12ish and most fights are getting to be quite easy. The game has really drawn me in and I am finding it one of the best rpgs I have played in quite awhile. The only possible weakness is perhaps the crafting system, I haven't really found much use for it and money is a bit too easy to come by.

Back
Top Bottom