Couchpotato's Random RPG News

Does Anyone Read This Thread for News?

• Yes

Votes: 53 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
So did Underworld Ascendant until they actually released it!!!!

So did Underworld Ascendant until they actually released it!!!!

Yeah, right! But that doesn't mean every game will fail. Right? :)

Last edited:
So I started playing Dragon Age: Inquisition in 2021

Legends of Ellaria - Chapter 1 - Major fixes and Optimizations
Good day Ellarians! It's been a busy time for us during the holidays, as we've processed your feedback about the new version. We're glad to announce that in the past two weeks, we've added much-desired features and fixes to Legends of Ellaria
Wigmund - Release Date, Controlls & Controller Support
Hello! Due to the support for the controller we have decided to postpone the launch for about a month.

As we have previously stated, our game features an unique type of real-time combat with fast-paced skill (control) based strikes. Each action requires your input and be sure that it will not give you an easy time! But don't worry, there are also difficulty levels for players who are more into the story or exploration part of the game rather than into the combat part.

Shacknews Best Strategy Game of 2020 - Wasteland 3

Corven - Path of Redemption - December 2020 / January 2021 Update
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Let's hope 2021 is way better than 2020. I am ready to get out of this episode of the Twilight Zone.
Demo Version 1.3

1.3, the final demo before the Alpha of the game is now ready for download. There aren't any massive changes, mostly some polishing.
Changelog for 1.3:

• combat music will not play anymore after you ran away from an enemy
  • adjusted melee combat distance
  • made melee attack animations and cooldowns slightly shorter to make melee combat feel more responsive
  • fixed bug which prevented you from engaging 2 or more enemies at once
  • fixed bug which prevented you to re-engage enemy you escaped from previously
  • added Margaretha, Arlec and Lava Crawler Portraits
  • some landscape modifications
Ubisoft Is Working On An Open World Star Wars Game - Techraptor
Ubisoft is working on an open-world Star Wars game. It'll be developed by Ubisoft-owned The Division developer Massive Entertainment and will be a partnership between Ubisoft and Lucasfilm Games.

What do we know about the Star Wars open-world game?

Right now, not much is known about this new project. According to Wired, the game is still very early on in development. The Division 2 and The Crew director Julian Gerighty will be the Star Wars open-world game's creative director, and the game will run on Ubisoft's proprietary Snowdrop engine. Wired also says Massive Entertainment is currently recruiting employees to work on the project. Other than this, we don't know too much about Ubisoft's upcoming open-world Star Wars game, including what kind of gameplay it'll have or where (and when) it'll take place in the Star Wars universe.
Lords of the Fallen 2 Logo Revealed - Official Logo
We're very pleased to finally reveal the logo of-LordsoftheFallen2, officially our largest project to date. The upcoming sequel moves the franchise to dark fantasy, and introduces a fully revised & more challenging combat system.

Hogwarts Legacy is delayed to 2022 - RPS
Don’t start packing your trunk just yet, wizard wannabes. Hogwarts Legacy won’t make it for this year after all. After years of rumors, Warner Bros. finally announced the big open world wizards game near the end of 2020 with their plans to release it in 2021. No such luck after all, though.

Hogwarts Legacy will now be arriving sometime in 2022. “We would like to thank fans from around the world on the tremendous reaction to the announcement of Hogwarts Legacy from our Portkey Games label,” they say. “Creating the best possible experience for all of the Wizarding World and gaming fans is paramount to us so we are giving the game the time it needs. Hogwarts Legacy will be released in 2022.”
Vagrus: The Riven Realms Update - Dynamic Pricing
Hey everyone, first of all, Happy New Year. We made it to 2021 at last. 🥳

It's been a while since we posted a devlog entry and we figured that this would be a great time to do so. Today's topic, Dynamic pricing, has been on our minds for a long-long time, and finally, we've decided to pull the trigger on implementing it. To provide a little background on why we need it, let's review what happens in the current build of the game when you go trading.

Edge Of Eternity - Two years of Early Access

December 5th marked a new anniversary of our early access: it has now been 2 years since we launched our first chapter in 2018. The game has seen an impressive evolution since then with 3 chapters in its first year, and 3 more this year.

However, the content was not the only axis of improvement this year, indeed this year was also illustrated by the passage of the game to the beta phase! We have also started to anticipate the final release of the game with features like the Modifiers that arrived with Chapter VI.

We still have work to do for 2021 but nothing is impossible. For the coming year we have a chapter much bigger than any currently available, as well as the final release!
The Waylanders Immersive Update Live - Early Access

We've added new videos for the 8 available origins when you customize your adventurer in the Character Creator. Now you can enjoy a deeper background, you can better understand your character's motivations and enjoy a bigger immersion in the story. Also, we've made some minor changes to dialogues, so they are adapted to the origins.
Fantastical Costumes Coming to Wasteland 3 - inXile Entertainment
enture into Wasteland 3’s next big update—Patch 1.3.0 “Robots & Rangers”—with two free new costumes, the Handmade Wizard and Knight! Patch 1.3.0 is undergoing some final fixes and testing, and we expect it to release by the end of the month. You’ll receive these new costumes after completing the Garden of the Gods—either claiming them from a package in front of Ranger HQ for new playthroughs, or automatically added if you’re past that point—and can equip them at the wardrobe in Ranger HQ or at the clothing shop in Downtown Colorado Springs.

The ‘Handmade Wizard and Knight’ costumes were a collaboration between inXile and Dimitri Zaitsev, an accomplished post-apocalyptic costume designer and artist. We were excited to work with Dimitri and asked him if he’d walk us through his thoughts and process for creating post-apocalyptic costumes and props.

Fallout: The Frontier - Release Trailer

The largest ever mod for a Fallout franchise game is now available!
Persona 5 Strikers - Official All-Out-Attack Trailer

Check out the latest trailer for the upcoming game and join the Phantom Thieves in their fight as they strike back against the corruption overwhelming cities across Japan.
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - Official Classic Mode Update Trailer

Classic Mode and the Kingdom crossover are now available for Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. Check out the latest trailer for the game.
Phantom Brigade Cinematic Battle Videos

Fan-made cinematic using the early access version of Phantom Brigade.
Torchlight III Available on Xbox Game Pass
It's been a century since the events of Torchlight II, and the Ember Empire is in decline. In Torchlight III, Novastraia is again under threat of invasion and it's up to you to defend against the Netherim and its allies. Gather your wits and brave the frontier to find fame, glory, and new adventures!
Titan Quest: Legendary Edition Announced for Mobile Devices
Titan Quest has captivated players since its 2006 debut. This is the complete edition of Titan Quest, including ALL DLCs and technical updates. You get the all-encompassing experience of an unbridled, truly heroic journey through the worlds of Titan Quest! Aid the Olympians in their battle against the titans. Fend off the legions of the underworld in Immortal Throne. Take on mythical beasts of Europe's far north in Ragnarok. Uncover the secrets of the lost city in Atlantis. The Legendary Edition brings every bit of content Titan Quest fans have loved for almost one and a half decades to your mobile device in one neat package.

Last edited:
The Waylanders update was finally enough to push me over the edge and pick it up. Not getting any younger :p Mainly out of curiosity if nothing else.

Would love to hear your impression. Steam review doesn't seem very positive…

I only have 40 minutes played so can only give first impressions based on making a character, going through the intro, and some brief combat on the first island.

I confess I got it as you could pick a werewolf as an origin ... that is not enough to make a game though, just a good enticement for me.

My first impressions are not overly positive I am afraid. The voice acting is pretty bad although for those who dislike having a voice chosen for them they are in luck as there is no VO (at this point anyhow) for the player character - only the NPC's.

The dialogue is also way to modern and reminds me more of a bunch of college kids sitting around pretending to role play (same for the voices). Swears like sh*t and f*ck are thrown around casually, its very casual, and flippant. I did find it pretty amusing at times, in a distracted sort of way, but it wasn't very immersive which is something I value. I can live with it, however, if I can get into other parts of the game. But in general the VO is pretty bad IMO.

The character models are very cartoonish and in some of the armor really odd looking. The Prince, one character who can become a companion, looked more like a square peg or leggo creation then a character. Very limited ability to create a character. But maybe that will change later since it is still in alpha (and I didn't see any NDA when I got it). So not fond of how the characters look. I can deal with cartoon like just find, love Pathfinder, if they are still made decent. They felt too blocky for me. But maybe I can get used to it.

Combat felt too ... not sure on right word. Maybe aracade? Action? I mean it wasn't super fast like Diablo or anything. But the way loot dropped with a sparking bag and was auto-looted (though you can change that). I would simply run by loot, here a ka-ching sound and it would be picked up. Made me think of Mario.

Granted I had about 10 minutes of combat and I am level 1 so things could get better.

I will give it a chance as it has some potential and its still rough. I have had games I did not like at first I grew to love (POE was one of those - did not like it at first and shelved it and got bored one day and invested time in it ... and now I have played POE1 5 times and POE2 twice). Course also some games I thought I would love I couldn't finish (Witcher 3 falls under this category as an example).

So there's my first impression based on 40 minutes.

Oh I should say some positives as well. Graphics, overall, were pretty and I liked them, outside of how the characters looked at time. My character I started to get used to and I think he may grow on me giving some more time.

College level voice-over and dialogue aside I see potential for some good companions and interaction if I can adapt to the dialogue style of the game.

Story, quests, exploring, all of that could make or break things combined with some of the mechanics but I won't know much about those till I play long enough to experience them. Certainly don't know much after 40 minutes.

GOTY 2020: Results & Cool Graphs - RPG Codex
This year we had 1025 voters, who rated 76 releases from 2020. If 2019 felt like a slow year, this was even slower. But we still had some good games that will likely turn into classics as more people try them out. Since we had very few expansions & DLCs this year, I've cut the categories to just two: Best RPGs of the Year & Best PC ports/remasters.

For those of you who just want the TL;DR, here are the winners:

Game of the Year
1st - Wasteland 3
2nd - Yakuza: Like a Dragon
3rd - Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children
Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption - Nintendo Switch Release Date Revealed
Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption is an epic - and humorous - fantasy adventure and role-playing game in which you take on the role of Shawn O'Conner, a young man striving to become a hero as well as a rogue.

During the day, Shawn attends classes at the University, practices his skills, and tries to make friends with other students. At night, it's time to pull out weapons, armor, and traps to explore the abandoned wine cellars, stunning sea caves, creepy catacombs, and deadly dungeon beneath Hero-U. Most combat is optional for those who prefer a pure adventure game, but there are ample rewards for those who choose to valorously fight the creatures that threaten the school and all of Sardonia.

Shawn can become the Rogue of the Year while exploring a mysterious castle, making friends and enemies, fighting deadly foes, and uncovering the secrets of his own hidden past. Meanwhile players will enjoy the rich and humorous dialogue and descriptions as they guide Shawn through his adventures.
Graywalkers: Purgatory - Content Update #2 Coming in February 2021
We have some good news for everybody. I wanted to take this opportunity to announce that the next major update, Content Update #2, will release in early February 2021. This update will feature primarily the preview release of the Single-Player Campaign. Originally, we were thinking of releasing this feature upon full release but we've decided to release it and add on content with regular updates instead until the full release is ready. This means you will now be able to create your own character avatar in the game and you will be able to explore the world of Graywalkers Purgatory.
Enderal: Forgotten Stories - Patchnotes 1.6.4.0 (Final Patch)
Walk blessed, the new patch 1.6.4.0 is now available! This patch will be the final one for Enderal, because we no longer have the amount of free time we used to have to keep on patching it! This also means that we will not create a port for Skyrim Special Edition.

SureAI is currently working on a new, commercial project which will hopefully be announced this year. So stay tuned for news and keep an eye on our social media channels.
So @Silver any news worthy links for the front-page?

Last edited:
Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood | Welcome to the Pack (Dev Diary)

With a few weeks until launch, our devs walk you through what you can expect from Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood. We talk about gameplay, inspiration, story, and more!
Alaloth - Champions of The Four Kingdoms - Official Alaloth Wiki on Fextralife
Champions!Today is worldwide Wikipedia day. It’s a great opportunity to celebrate people’s contributions to open and free knowledge sources.

We’re excited to announce that we have partnered with Fextralife to bring you The Official Alaloth Wiki. It will grow with time, as we unveil more and more Lore Updates, but you can already read the available articles and submit your own (based on materials we’ve shared in the past).
Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes - January 2021 Update: Happy New Year!
Hey there, Heroes!

Happy New Year! We’ve got a fresh new year on our hands, and we ourselves are refreshed after a very restful winter holiday. We hope you’re just as rested and refreshed, and ready for a tasty new monthly Kickstarter update.

We’ve got a lot to talk about in our first update of the new year, so get that hot cocoa, get toasty, and let’s get started!

Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood | Welcome to the Pack (Dev Diary)

Its a shame, well to me of course - probably not others, that the game is going to be more of an action-based button smasher with a very preset main character and story.

It would have been soooo much better, IMOC, if you could make your own werewolf, of any tribe, with your own background and story, that would then fight the evil Corpos and protect Gaia. But nope - you have a name, your a veteran with a very long past and history, a family, a daughter ... ugg. So very bleck.

Probably going to get it anyhow if only for the werewolf story and visuals. So few werewolf based games ... the ones that are there are more side things, like in POE 1 and 2 where your Druid can be a werewolf, or in Skyrim - where its a bit better especially with Mods - but vanilla was rather meh.

Still enjoyed the video and the added information so thanks!

Cyberpunk 2077 Review - RPG Codex
All things considered, Cyberpunk 2077 is an awfully mediocre game. It surely doesn't bring anything new to the table, no cool mechanics to push the genre into a new branch of evolution regardless of what genre you consider this to be. Everything it offers has already been done elsewhere to some degree and also executed better.

While one can certainly have some mindless, relaxing fun with it, and experience its involving story I don't expect many to talk about CP2077 two five years from now. In that regard, it might share the destiny of Game of Thrones: build up hype and expectations to levels unheard of, only to disappoint so much during the finale that no one wants to talk about it anymore.
Gamedec Lore Highlight - Pain and Senses
Welcome to the third episode of our gamedecverse-related articles. This time, we’re looking closer to the aspect of emulating senses and pain in the virtualia. How does the system deal with such a complex physical factor? Is it possible to inflict real-life pain while gaming? Is it legal? Listen what Marcin Przybyłek has to say about this fascinating topic.
Enough Medieval Fantasy RPGs Already - Escapist Magazine
Forty years after Ultima I, medieval fantasy RPGs continue to dominate the RPG genre. And if the upcoming Baldur’s Gate III, Dragon Age 4, Diablo IV, and The Elder Scrolls VI are anything to go by, they will continue to dominate it at least for several years to come. I imagine one reason for this is that medieval fantasy RPGs are easy to sell.

The Elder Scrolls series has sold over 50 million units. Over 30 million sales are attributed to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, which leaned into both Norse and medieval tropes more heavily than any other game in the franchise (although the high sales were also driven by countless ports of the game).

Yep they hate it given the conclusion calling it an awfully mediocre game.:nod:
I wonder what game is not mediocre by their standards.
Oh, wait, I remembered. Neo Scavenger.

Back
Top Bottom