Tactics V: Obsidian Brigade - Overview

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
TurnBasedLovers provide an overview of what turn-based RPG Tactics V: Obsidian Brigade is all about. The game is due Q3 2019 on PC and Consoles.

Background story

The land of Auria is a fantasy kingdom, where the lesser houses commonly rage war among themselves, but there's a unifying threat.

You move the Obsidian Brigade about a world map, encountering story through battle.

Key features:

• Robust combat system (with many mechanics: facing, targeting styles, actions, delayed actions, reactions)
  • World map navigation.
  • >50 hand crafted levels
  • >80 scripted scenes/battles
  • ~12-18 hours of story
  • ~3 hours of optional story
  • 3 1/2 tiers of gear/weaponry
  • 13 unique unlockable classes
  • >50 skills (proficiencies, abilities, power casting unlockable)
  • >140 powers (Elemental magic, close range, Archery, Imbue poisons, etc.)
  • Optional cooperative main-game via assigning troops to another controller during deployment.
  • Training option allowing a non-fatal combat to be controlled by player(s) or AI to gain XP and Skill points
  • Optional Alternate top-down perspective available
  • New game plus
[...]
More information.

Looks like a retro 90's pixel art PSONE game but I will say I just might buy it.:biggrin:

First tine I heard about this game. And it's looking good :)

Not-so-unrelated question: If Tacrics V means Tactics 5, then are there are another previous 4 iterations? Where are they?

@henriquejr; I checked their website. Seems this is the only game with the name.

@henriquejr; I checked their website. Seems this is the only game with the name.

Thanks for the info, Couchpotato! :)
This reminds me of SNES Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen, which is subtitled "Episode V" when the previous 4 ones haven't been released at all (games or other media). Go figure!

First I've heard on this game as well, and if it's anything like the older Ogre game, I'll be picking it up the day it launches. It sounds a bit smallish, under twenty hours in total, but if it sells well I'll just have to hope they make a bigger and even better sequel at some point.

Unique idea. Had to download the video to scrutinize image sequences with everything moving. The weakest part is the spells / particle effects. Could be an interesting game to check out.

Back
Top Bottom