What games are you playing now?

first, Brave turned into a decent little twin-stick action rpg. Now, I'm flying around as a Guardian Owl in Legend of the Guardians, loving every minute of the freedom of flight.

If this keeps up, I'll have to stop avoiding movie games altogether

edit:-+
OMFG - Legend of the Guardians totally opened up even more: The combat system rocks! Basically, youre attacking other birds mid-flight by slamming into them. There's certain moves you unlock as time goes on, like clutching another bird and diving then slamming them to the ground.

Also, get this, it has more RPG elements than i previously thought. When you start the game, you choose between several different types of Owls: Horned Owl (slower but deadlier), Barn Owl (faster but weaker), and other types of owls that run the gambit between combinations of deadly/hardy/speed. You get the point.

Then, I got my first bit of loot! I can now kit my Owl out with different armors, and metallic talons that increase damage.

This is the type of game that keeps me from being a PC Supremecist. Consoles are not Evil. Consoles are not just for kiddie Mario games, racing games, and sports games. I like PC games all the same, but there's a whole 'nuther world out there when it comes to console gaming that is just as fun. This game, Journey, Okami… unbelievably fun and creative games that have enriched my cyber life multiple times over.

Last edited:
Nice review of Guild Wars 2. Game sounds really great actually. Let us know if you like it when you play it.

I actually havent really played it much yet beyond making character because i got sucked into…. DEAD FRONTIER

Which I cannot believe I'm not only playing, but kinda enjoying. Free to play post-zombie-apocalyptic MMO. You make a character, pick the skills all that, then log in and start running fetch quests and missions in zombie-infested remains of civilization for food, ammo, etc. Along the way you level up, scavenge and barter for weapons and all that.

The game controls are kinda crappy, the graphics are nothing to really write home about, but it kinda works. I can definitely see how banding together with other players and having groups of survivors would be best, I'm kinda struggling on my own right now and my wife wont even consider the game.

Started playing sleeping dogs and tomb raider and to my surprise I'm really enjoying them both.

Only 1 hour in to tomb raider. Other than some annoying QTE's it's great. They really make you feel empathetic towards Laura. Some of the stuff she goes through had me wincing and I've really formed a bond with my character already which is rare for me, I often go through a whole game without any care for my characters well being.

Sleeping dogs is just plain good fun. You are an undercover cop infiltrating a gang. Not too original and the beginning story is kind of all over the place but its sufficient and the batman style combat and wide open areas make the game a lot of fun.

I heard Ghosts'N Goblin will have an online game!! Anyone here tried playing that before???

I had to keep playing X3 Terran Conflict every day for a month before I understood it enough to decide if I actually like it! The game was too intriguing to stop playing even when all I got was frustration. Now I'm hooked... and I still feel I haven't even scratched the surface yet! (A great game for taking it slow)

Tomb Raider--about 80% through and it is probably the best iteration since the original. great game, especially after they finally released the patch which made the game highly frustrating to play with pausing every few minutes.

It's a lot of fun. The most fun for me was learning how to board and steal other ships (without launching pods). VERY tricky. High risk stuff. :)
It's very lasting fun too… Even after a whole month I still haven't gotten around to figuring out how to that! :) I've never seen a game that could offer new things to try for so long.

I saved that for last since I didn't need it until the last mission. The missions really drive you to try out new stuff. :)

Did we show you our photos of our factory complexes? So proud of getting them just right. ;)

http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1061154067
Yeah, I've been looking through those. They do look awesome. In the rate I'm going I suppose I will manage to have one of those myself by… 2014… :biggrin: (and I do expect that I'll be still playing this game until then… unless X: Rebirth is released and turns out to be more interesting)

I actually just built my first mini complex connecting a solar power plan and a flower farm. I thought it would be a foolproof investment since I expected that player controlled solar power plants need no resources like the the npc controlled ones.
As it turns out finding crystals is much more of a hassle than finding energy cells and building a crystal fab seems to be too much trouble just for raising the stupid (and cheap) little flowers! Maybe I shouldn't have followed the game's advice of building the SPP in Greater Profit, but I suppose I might as well keep expanding it for practice.

I'm playing DDO with some friends - and it's quite pleasant as a cooperative experience.

Got the expansion and VIP'ed myself - so I can enjoy all the content. The character development system has been expanded quite significantly - and I can see myself spending vast amounts of time trying to come up with something fun and effective.

I'm playing DDO with some friends - and it's quite pleasant as a cooperative experience.

Got the expansion and VIP'ed myself - so I can enjoy all the content. The character development system has been expanded quite significantly - and I can see myself spending vast amounts of time trying to come up with something fun and effective.
Did you start on the Khyber server, by chance? If so, you should join the RPGWatch guild. Even if you don't run with us, you'll find access to our guild ship to be very helpful.

Did you start on the Khyber server, by chance? If so, you should join the RPGWatch guild. Even if you don't run with us, you'll find access to our guild ship to be very helpful.

By chance it IS on Khyber :)

But I'm running with the guild I originally created called Ex Deus (no, not just the reverse of the game name - it's based on the actual Latin meaning - hehe). It's being run by some friends of mine. We're level 62 or something. I don't think leaving the guild would be a very popular choice.

That said, there's no reason our guilds can't work together or help each other. I don't think we're more than 6-7 active members - and I think most of us are pretty casual.

I'm certainly not planning on being hardcore in another MMO.

But my current toon is called Cazus - and everyone is welcome to whatever help we can provide!

Just started ME3 at PS. Although i think i like the story, i hate the fights. I don't know if i will be able to hold on.

Anyone knows, what is the difference between rpg and story mode? I chose rpg

Just started ME3 at PS. Although i think i like the story, i hate the fights. I don't know if i will be able to hold on.

Anyone knows, what is the difference between rpg and story mode? I chose rpg

IIRC, the RPG mode is about dialogue selections. As in, if you play in RPG mode - you get to select how you respond to NPCs.

Not sure if there are more differences.

ME3 is 80-90% about shooting enemies in very, very similar setups.

Well, at least based on the ~20 hours I managed to play it. That was on my second try. First try - I gave up within 10-15 hours - but I was lured into trying it again by some heartfelt praise. It's a subjective thing, obviously.

I know there are big fans of the game on this site - so maybe they're the ones to ask if you want to be encouraged to stick with it.

Yeah, I've been looking through those. They do look awesome. In the rate I'm going I suppose I will manage to have one of those myself by… 2014… :biggrin: (and I do expect that I'll be still playing this game until then… unless X: Rebirth is released and turns out to be more interesting)

I actually just built my first mini complex connecting a solar power plan and a flower farm. I thought it would be a foolproof investment since I expected that player controlled solar power plants need no resources like the the npc controlled ones.
As it turns out finding crystals is much more of a hassle than finding energy cells and building a crystal fab seems to be too much trouble just for raising the stupid (and cheap) little flowers! Maybe I shouldn't have followed the game's advice of building the SPP in Greater Profit, but I suppose I might as well keep expanding it for practice.

Have you got the hang of CAGs? You can train them up to buy crystals (and energy cells) for you when the prices are low enough. Easier than dragging a silicon asteroid / mine to your complex.

Back
Top Bottom