Kingmaker - Beta One Arriving 5th April

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Pathfinder: Kingmaker has a new update which announces the start of Beta One will arrive 5th April. In addition Owlcat has teamed up with Paizo writers and share some spoilery details.

Teaming up with legendary Paizo writers

As you all know, we really want Pathfinder: Kingmaker to feel like the real thing. We want our game to be as faithful to the source material as possible. We could just give you our interpretation of how adventuring in the Stolen Lands should feel. But how much cooler would it be, if we asked the good folks at Paizo to lend a hand, to contribute and to write for our game?

So that's exactly what we did! Paizo's own Creative Director James L. Sutter and Organized Play Lead Developer John Compton teamed up with our authors to work on Pathfinder: Kingmaker. Here is what they have to say about their experience:
(WARNING: Some spoilers ahead!)

[...]

Beta One is coming!

We have been a little quiet these past few weeks. That's because we've been working very hard on the first beta build. Unfortunately, we are probably not quite making 1st quarter of the year now. Things got delayed a little bit and we're currently looking at the 5th of April for the start of our beta. Sorry for making you wait! We will notify all of you via email, Kickstarter and social media once it starts. Instructions and a list of content of features will be provided, as well. Not much longer now - hang tight!

Also, those among you, who have pledged for physical editions and rewards, can now enter their shipping information on the backer portal.

End of Physical Pre-Orders

Finally, please be aware that our physical pre-orders are coming to an end. We need time to produce all the boxed editions ordered so far to have them ready for launch, so we are going to remove all physical versions from the pre-order store. If you haven't already pledged via Kickstarter or pre-order and still want to support us, you will only be able to do so via orders for a digital version. Thank you very much for your support!

Hail to the Kings!

Owlcats
More information.

I’m on the fence about upgrading to the collectors edition. Help me decide.

Goodies!

That you will probably never look at again. On the other hand Goodies!! But then again I would rather get stuff that is a supplement to the game myself. If you feel differently then I say go for it.

Goodies!

That you will probably never look at again. On the other hand Goodies!! But then again I would rather get stuff that is a supplement to the game myself. If you feel differently then I say go for it.

I feel this way myself. It was a bit different back in the day when all "non-game goodies" were at least physical items. ( I still have a rather neat notebook from "New World Computing" where every page is watermarked by an eartglobe bisected by a sword)

These days the only non-physical things I pay extra for, are things that actually have an effect on the gameplay itself. As for physical things, they have to have some kind of practical use beyond just being eye-candy. I wouldn't go for the ones included with the "Kingmaker Collectors Edition". (small statue, poster, cloth map, artbook)

On the other hand, if I had an extra $5000 just lying around and gathering dust. Then I might go for the "Limited Edition Dagger", that you recieve at that level. ;-)

Last edited:
On the other hand, if I had an extra $5000 just lying around and gathering dust. Then I might go for the "Limited Edition Dagger", that you recieve at that level. ;-)

Yeah that does sound pretty sweet. Problem is through if I get a dagger I want some sort of sword belt to go with it and you can see where this is going.

I almost forgot about backing this game, and its close to entering Beta already. Looks like l'll have another good RPG to play this year after the Beta cycle.:]

Yeah that does sound pretty sweet. Problem is through if I get a dagger I want some sort of sword belt to go with it and you can see where this is going.

A sword belt without armor? Armor without a horse?

Goodies!

Same here! I got the edition were you get some in-game junk that's probably outleveled after 30 mins. For me missing out on in-game content feels worse than not having some dust catchers on the shelf.

I was looking to see if I could find what tier has beta access. Might go and pre-order it so I can play around early. Mixed thing though as I hate spoiling it but at the same time could use something fresh to play. Looks like the $110 version has access:

"You will get everything from the Lore Explorer tier, plus access to Pathfinder: Kingmaker beta tests and enhanced tools to influence our development priorities. Your name will be featured in the credits, and your forum badge will be upgraded to "King" to show your level of support for the game."

https://owlcatgames.com/preorder

@wolfgrimdark; Wow, $110 !!! I've never seen beta access kick in at such a high level, I'll wait then. Bit of a cheek really, they get free beta testing and you pay for the privilege.

Bah, with the crap people 'release' now days, pretty mich everything is a paid beta. This doesn't bother me. 😁

Don't think I got access with my collectors edition:

Early Bird Collector's Edition

"King" forum badge
access to the dev forum
premium digital download of Pathfinder: Kingmaker
special in-game items
boxed edition of Pathfinder:Kingmaker
digital art book
digital RPG adventure PDF by Chris Avellone
access to the Pathfinder: Kingmaker beta
credits ("gold" section)
digital game walk-through
printed art book
cloth map
30mm miniature of one of the companions
poster by Wayne Reynolds

Don't think I got access with my collectors edition:

Early Bird Collector's Edition

"King" forum badge
access to the dev forum
premium digital download of Pathfinder: Kingmaker
special in-game items
boxed edition of Pathfinder:Kingmaker
digital art book
digital RPG adventure PDF by Chris Avellone
access to the Pathfinder: Kingmaker beta
credits ("gold" section)
digital game walk-through
printed art book
cloth map
30mm miniature of one of the companions
poster by Wayne Reynolds

Well, today is 5th!! Will you be participating for the beta, Bjon? Please share your impression with us if you do!!! :)

I backed this but not enough to get beta access :(

Back
Top Bottom