Vampyr - E3 Trailer

After the years enjoying most amazing Vampire The Masquerade, I find this thing trailer repulsive.

Which common definition of the world?

BB focuses more on action than this product intends to (a lot is intended to crafting your own story)

Action RPG.

BB features the nachzehrer.
Action RPG is a common name that means completely different than what you are talking about. BB focuses on combat, not action.

Actually BB is not really an RPG, it is as much RPG as Jagged Alliance 2 or Xcom.

Which common definition of the world?

BB focuses more on action than this product intends to (a lot is intended to crafting your own story)

Action RPG.

This common definition, from wikipedia;

"Action role-playing video games (abbreviated action RPG or ARPG) is a loosely-defined subgenre of role-playing video games which emphasize real-time combat whereby the player has direct control over characters, instead of turn-based or menu-based combat."

By your definition any RPG's that focus on combat (which is most of them) would be Action RPG's and whatever you might think that's not what most people mean.

Last edited:
Loosely defined.
Anything than let players pause or is turn based can not be action RPG. All of a plan.

Beside, since the point was obviously missed, this product is meant to be story telling oriented. Its point is to provide players with the required elements to craft their story.

So qualifying it as an action RPG is as worthwhile as qualifying BB an action RPG.

Action RPG is a common name that means completely different than what you are talking about. BB focuses on combat, not action.

Combat is not action. Great.

Strange. These days, communication is achieved through several stages.
They have already communicated on this product and in this context, the trailer conveys a lot.

Well you could not have said a more true statement about how we communicate with you;)

There were some crazy rants about vampires killing their victims or not, whilst feeding…but those are best forgotten. Thank the gods the server crashed. ;)
So says you! ;)

This game seems to force you kill when you feed, i.e. not giving you the choice to kill or not. Of course maybe they offer Trublood in this game instead. The point back in the original thread, decades of vampire lore and forced kill on feed is ridiculous because you would eventually kill off your food supply. So there's a whole multitude of reasons why this game's lore, seems to be bullshit.

So says you! ;)

This game seems to force you kill when you feed, i.e. not giving you the choice to kill or not. Of course maybe they offer Trublood in this game instead. The point back in the original thread, decades of vampire lore and forced kill on feed is ridiculous because you would eventually kill off your food supply. So there's a whole multitude of reasons why this game's lore, seems to be bullshit.

Not again.

How's that server holding up, Myrthos? :p

Shown melee combat suspiciously looks like Dark Souls clone, but perhaps special powers save the day.
Dunno what to think, will wait till someone confirms the game is not a grinder before I buy it.

Considering that there are story elements to manipulate, that they will be manipulated through repeated patterns, quickly enough, people might see in it a grinding effort.

There aren't many apples in a basket of oranges either.
That is that. Bringing in vampires in the first place was irrelevant.

, decades of vampire lore and forced kill on feed is ridiculous because you would eventually kill off your food supply. So there's a whole multitude of reasons why this game's lore, seems to be bullshit.

Possible. This one is hardly one. That should be something setting apart vampires killing to feed to anything else killing to feed.

To be listed along the claim that the peak in consumption of any finite resource can not be predicted before it is hit.

I honestly have no idea what I just read.

That is that. Bringing in vampires in the first place was irrelevant.
Yeah, I don't know either how I thought that vampires in a game about a vampire had any relevance. What was I thinking...

The remark over vampires was introduced as a lack of vampires in Battle Brothers.

Back
Top Bottom