What games are you playing now?

That race from Starcraft? In Elder Scrolls game? Canon?

Yeah??? I didn't know that... You can see how familiarized with MMOs I am :p
Sorry for the rookieness

I bought a bunch of games over the Steam summer sale, playing one of them now: Cave Blazers and can't stop even though I am horrible at it. I keep intending to go back and play through Doom, but stupid Cave Blazers keeps getting in he way.

I haven't had much time for gaming lately, but I'm still playing DX:MD, and I finally got around to installing Diablo III.

Interesting to hear how you go with Diablo III. I've played it off and on over the years as well, mostly with my brother, but some solo too for the hardcore mode. I've played all classes as well now except for the Necromancer and Demon Hunter. It took me at least 3 Monks to make level 70 on hardcore/hard in the last run. :) I stopped playing it after I got him killed in adventure mode, rushing too fast in one of the greater rifts.

Speaking of hardcore/permadeath, I've been getting into that theme on Torchlight of late in playing Hardcore/Hard. I don't mind being distracted by an aRPG now and again. There's just something quite fun and thrilling about trying to build a character to survive a progressively more challenging onslaught and also to heirloom gear for other characters.

So far, I've had two Destroyers die at around level 30, the most recent of which actually made it to Ordrak (the last boss) on floor 34, but I made a foolish decision to go back to some earlier floors to level more. I accidentally entered a phase portal and was brutally taken down by several Dark Zealots in a tight area, who are easily the most vicious enemy in that game and can sometimes near one shot you off-screen.

I'm determined to beat it though and will stick at it; at least in the short-term or until the diablo-clone itch has been satiated. :)

20 hours into XCOM2 and I think - shock, horror - that I'm actually about to lose. Through a mix of bad luck and general incompetence I've failed to stop the big red meter from building up and I'm currently only one square away from the "Dark Event", which sounds game ending given how increasingly desperate all my communications are getting (don't tell me if it isn't, by the way - I'm having fun waiting for it to drop on me!). I can't remember that last game I played where winning in one playthrough wasn't just a matter of the number of hours you put into playing it.

If I get game-overed, I'm going to play something else and then come back to this… wiser, better prepared, more clearly focussed etc etc. What could go wrong…?

EDIT: Score! An evening of desperate guerilla tactics and weapon building has pushed the counter back two whole squares. I was close though - even got to a big ticking red clock at one point. :) But I'm still going, humanity's last hope, kinda not too bright sometimes but trying his best....

Last edited:
I really enjoyed playing a Crusader back in the day when it first can out in the expansion. Haven't touched Diablo since it resulted in hand pain that took a year to go away, sadly.

Since the ESO PvP event is over, and all achievements are done, and all collectible collected, and some nice gold jewelry acquired, I am debating whether to continue, or go back to Andromeda. Probably the latter. Although it was a blast running with raids again.

Last edited:
Interesting to hear how you go with Diablo III. I've played it off and on over the years as well, mostly with my brother, but some solo too for the hardcore mode. I've played all classes as well now except for the Necromancer and Demon Hunter. It took me at least 3 Monks to make level 70 on hardcore/hard in the last run. :) I stopped playing it after I got him killed in adventure mode, rushing too fast in one of the greater rifts.

I don't think I'll be investing that kind of time into it, but it's a nice diversion from the games I normally play. So far I'm finding it more fun than Path of Exile or Titan Quest which are the other aRPGs I've played most recently.

I've played all classes except Necro. Monk is my favorite, followed by Crusader and Barbarian who're tied. I expected to like Demon Hunter the most, but I never enjoyed it that much.

I usually prefer melee combat in action-RPGs especially when it's as visceral as Diablo 3 is. I watched some barbarian gameplay, but it didn't strike a chord for some reason. I really like the crusader and monk. Why did you prefer the monk?

@JDR 13

I can't help as I've played through Diablo 3 four times….as a wizard each time. I don't ever play anything but the main quest either, so I really suck at whatever happens after the game is done. It's brainless fun and I like the whimsy? levels.

I'm playing Mars War Logs some and 7D2D still. MWL feels like it's going to be really short, but I dunno.

I can't help as I've played through Diablo 3 four times….as a wizard each time. I don't ever play anything but the main quest either, so I really suck at whatever happens after the game is done. It's brainless fun and I like the whimsy? levels.

I just played a wizard up to level 5, and yeah it seems pretty fun. Now I'm really torn on what to play. :)

I don't get why we're allowed so few active skills though. Or am I missing something?

I'm playing Mars War Logs some and 7D2D still. MWL feels like it's going to be really short, but I dunno.

War Logs is fairly short for an RPG, but I felt the length was about right.

I'd suggest turning up the difficulty every chance you get in D3, as it seems pretty easy overall.

I enjoyed the mage class or whatever it was. The combat is so satisfying, freezing/stunning groups of enemies, mowing them down with a heat beam that you can upgrade and change over time (I liked the short range yet 3 beam mode), transforming into a really powerful Lich and beating bosses senseless. Really fun stuff.

I usually prefer melee combat in action-RPGs especially when it's as visceral as Diablo 3 is. I watched some barbarian gameplay, but it didn't strike a chord for some reason. I really like the crusader and monk. Why did you prefer the monk?

I usually prefer ranged stealthy characters, which is why I thought I would like the Demon Hunter the most - but it turns out too many of his skills didn't appeal to me - and he doesn't really have anything in the way of stealth.

When I can't have access to such a character - I tend to lean towards agility/speed oriented melee characters - especially when they can dual wield.

The Monk has a very satisfying speed-driven playstyle - and IIRC he can attain the fastest attacks and, like all D3 characters, his animations and the flow of gameplay is executed to perfection.

I love playing games where the adrenaline can kick in and there are no unnecessary pauses and downtime. The Monk is perfect for that sort of action. It becomes sort of a trance ;)

I also really like "Holy Warriors" - and Crusader is an excellent example of that. I just happen to prefer the speed/agility overall.

Barbarians typically don't appeal to me much, because I find their appearance and overall "style" too bulky for my tastes. I've never been a fan of the "big guy" type of character.

But he's executed very well and has some of the most entertaining skills available. Whirlwind is also really fun with the right gear setup :)

Still on South Park, mid game, I think. Loving it...a breath of fresh air in everything taking itself so seriously these days.
Nothing stands in way of jew-jitsu.

Grimoire anyone????

Rofl someone gifted me Grimoire so I guess I'll be playing it at some point. Too damn funny, I'd never spend forty bucks on it nor give that moron a dime, but I'll take the gift. =p. But right now, Disagea the second has consumed all of my playtime, and likely will for a bit. I think I had one hundred twenty hours in the first game before I was done.

Playing Battle Brothers... god damn, this game is brutal. The detail in this game is quite astounding and it affects gameplay so much, I am feeling rather overwhelmed and disheartened with my progress so far lol.

Back
Top Bottom