Prey - Trial Available

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Bethesda announced that the Prey demo will turn into a trial meaning that progress will be retained should you choose to purchase the game.

Prey - PC and Console Trial

Don't miss the mind-bending sci-fi adventure that some critics are already calling the "best game of 2017." If you're a PC gamer and haven't yet played Prey, now you have the perfect opportunity. Starting today, the critically acclaimed game from the masterminds at Arkane Studios will be available as a PC trial for the first-time ever.

Also today, Prey will shift from a demo to a trial on both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. That means anyone who wants to test out Prey ahead of a purchase can retain their progress along with any Trophies/Achievements earned during the trial.

Recently, Arkane Studios also released update 1.05, which addresses more than 30 fixes to a range of issues, including the screen-tearing that has affected a portion of the PlayStation audience. Check out the patch notes for a full list of all the fixes in Update 1.05.

In Prey, you awaken aboard Talos I, a space station orbiting the moon in the year 2032. You are the key subject of an experiment meant to alter humanity forever - but things have gone terribly wrong. The space station has been overrun by hostile aliens and you are now being hunted. As you dig into the dark secrets of Talos I and your own past, you must survive using the tools found on the station, your wits, weapons, and mind-bending abilities.
More information.

Go buy it people, it is brilliant. Must for any scifi fan.

GotY so far. That said, quite a few potentially great games are still to come this year.

One of biggest disappointments to me. It's not a bad game, but I've expected better job from Arkane instead of forgettable grinder_shooter.

Feel free to skip it.

Are there any third person mods for this? I love sci fi games, but really find 1st person unpleasant to play these days. Much more comfy with 3rd person. Fingers crossed, as Prey looks excellent.

Are there any third person mods for this? I love sci fi games, but really find 1st person unpleasant to play these days. Much more comfy with 3rd person. Fingers crossed, as Prey looks excellent.

I very much doubt that will be available. The game is entirely designed around first-person on purpose. There's no multiplayer available - so there's no proper model for a third-person mode.

Also, the game is far from as popular as it should be, so mods will be very few in number.

No thanks, bethesda was shitty to Human Head and stealing the name Prey for this title. Not to mention iirc this game has the shitty new drm in addition to Steam.

bethesda is just looking for someone to blame. Forcing out Arkane's top people because of bethesda's oversite and bad decisions in production. The name Prey on title, which created a backlash before the title was ever released. I don't blame Arkane.

No thanks, bethesda was shitty to Human Head and stealing the name Prey for this title. Not to mention iirc this game has the shitty new drm in addition to Steam.

bethesda is forcing out Arkane's top people because of bethesda's forced oversite and bad decisions in production. Forced the name Prey on title, which created a backlash before the title was ever released. I don't blame Arkane.

Yet you seem to want to punish both yourself and Arkane by not playing their excellent game.

bethesda is just looking for someone to blame. Forcing out Arkane's top people because of bethesda's oversite and bad decisions in production. The name Prey on title, which created a backlash before the title was ever released. I don't blame Arkane.

If Human Head had been competent enough, Prey 2 would have been released years ago. They obviously weren't getting the job done. People who don't play the game for the reasons you give are only cheating themselves.

Wrong and wrong.
@NewDArt Firstly I lived my whole life while never playing Prey 2, so I'm sure I can live the rest without it. Arkane chose to work with bethesda, they didn't ask my advice. It's not my responsibility to protect Arkane when they didn't ask. Now let's talk about you and your obsession with controlling others. So manipulation through guilt, instead of respecting others extremely valid points…how quaint. ;)

@JDR13 Human Head wanted to remain independent and didn't want to be bought out by bethseda. bethseda got pissed because they couldn't buy they out like id and Arkane, so they fired Human Head. I'm not cheating myself in any way, I don't support shitty publisher decisions. I actually feel pretty good about it, thanks for asking. Oh wait, you didn't. ;p

Wrong and wrong.
@NewDArt Firstly I lived my whole life while never playing Prey 2, so I'm sure I can live the rest without it. Arkane chose to work with bethesda, they didn't ask my advice. It's not my responsibility to protect Arkane when they didn't ask. Now let's talk about you and your obsession with controlling others. So manipulation through guilt, instead of respecting others extremely valid points…how quaint. ;)

At least you don't seem to project a lot and create elaborate fantasies based on pretty much no actual insight whatsoever :)

If you don't want to play a great game because you don't like the people who elected to finance Arkane's games - that you've never met - that's your choice. As if developers could just pick whatever publisher they wanted. What a ridiculously ignorant point of view.

Again, you seem to want to punish yourself and Arkane.

My impression of your reaction is one of a child who gets mad at the wind for blowing the top of his icecream away from the cone ;)

@JDR13 Human Head wanted to remain independent and didn't want to be bought out by bethseda. p

What's your point? They obviously didn't succeed because they didn't have the finances and/or the know-how to do things on their own. I doubt their version of Prey 2 would have ever seen the light of day.

@NewDArt Speaking of projecting, does ad hominem normally replace evidence for you or are you making a special exception. I might feel special. Clearly, you don't understand the difference between finance and ownership, so not really much use in trying to explain it too you, since your lack of knowledge doesn't seem to weight you down. ;)
Again, I'm not punishing myself, but I acknowledge your obsession with it. Not only am I cautious (i.e. new drm, obvious another delusion on my part :p ) but unlike you I based my decisions on standards, to which I use my money and time. Once again, I'm not responsible for Arkane's shitty decisions. I've got plenty of great games to play, it's called backlog.

Of course, childishness of adulthood decisions based on things beyond your perception apparently. I can see why you are trying to make this about me, since you clearly make decisions based on thinking only of yourself. It's so hard to hide it, unless your pointing at others.

JDR13 Seriously, where are you getting this info. There is clearly information on the web showing Human Heads work was very good. You really don't seem to know/understand the situation. Human Head was hired to make Prey 2 by bethesda, not wondering around looking for a publisher to finance them. Feel free to feel how ever you want, it's clear you making these decisions without knowing.

Not to mention I really don't get your deal, did I attack you for playing or whether or not you wanted to play again. Hell, I didn't even criticize you for playing it. So actually, what's your point?

Again, I'm not punishing myself, but I acknowledge your obsession with it. Not only am I cautious (i.e. new drm, obvious another delusion on my part :p ) but unlike you I based my decisions on standards, to which I use my money and time. Once again, I'm not responsible for Arkane's shitty decisions. I've got plenty of great games to play, it's called backlog.

You mean you base your decisions on ignorance of what it's like to work in the industry and some ridiculously uninformed standards :)

That's cool - we all have our own way of making decisions.

Of course, childishness of adulthood decisions based on things beyond your perception apparently. I can see why you are trying to make this about me, since you clearly make decisions based on thinking only of yourself. It's so hard to hide it, unless your pointing at others.

Childishness of adulthood decisions? That sounds pretty complicated :)

I'm trying to make your decision about you? Who else would it be about?

Clearly, you think yourself capable of evaluating the moral standard of Arkane as a developer based on having absolutely zero insight into their decision-making process - or the options available to them as a company full of people who need to make a living in an industry well known for its harsh conditions and lack of freedom when you're a relatively small developer.

Let's just say your "adulthood" doesn't seem to come through in anything you're saying here.

Erm, don't want to get involved in others' decisions why… Already stated above why I believe this game isn't worth your time. However:
This mod would make half of the game where you're floating through vacuum horrible. Can't imagine a way to avoid utter clunkyness in those parts with 3rd p. perspective. It'd feel like flying a drone where camera is attached a few meters away from it and drone is blocking your view.

JDR13 Seriously, where are you getting this info. There is clearly information on the web showing Human Heads work was very good. You really don't seem to know/understand the situation. Human Head was hired to make Prey 2 by bethesda, not wondering around looking for a publisher to finance them. Feel free to feel how ever you want, it's clear you making these decisions without knowing.

Not to mention I really don't get your deal, did I attack you for playing or whether or not you wanted to play again. Hell, I didn't even criticize you for playing it. So actually, what's your point?

First off, you can stop overreacting. No one is attacking you. It's just a different viewpoint.

Where is this information on the web that proves HH's version of Prey 2 was very good? A few cinematics and scripted videos? I happen to have the opinion that it did look promising, but that doesn't mean it would have been as good or better than Arkane's Prey.

If it was my choice, both games would have been released. Unfortunately, that's not what happened. You shouldn't try to convince people not to play Prey because of that though.

You mean you base your decisions on ignorance of what it's like to work in the industry and some ridiculously uninformed standards :)

That's cool - we all have our own way of making decisions.

Childishness of adulthood decisions? That sounds pretty complicated :)

I'm trying to make your decision about you? Who else would it be about?

Clearly, you think yourself capable of evaluating the moral standard of Arkane as a developer based on having absolutely zero insight into their decision-making process - or the options available to them as a company full of people who need to make a living in an industry well known for its harsh conditions and lack of freedom when you're a relatively small developer.

Let's just say your "adulthood" doesn't seem to come through in anything you're saying here.
Actually no, apparently you are incapable of understanding reality. It's based on your arrogant, ignorant, and selfserving delusions. You claim to care about Arkane, but apparently just not the original creator, Raphaël. Raphaël left because of this bullshit bethesda manipulations with Prey and Dishonored 2. Just like all your other ideas, your analogy is shit, your example is shit and your conclusion is a big giant cowpatty. Congratulations, you made another shit sandwich.

It's really been fun hanging out talking about your favorite subject, you and your delusions.

C'mon Dart and JDR, see if you can get him to blow a valve! Go, go, go!!!

Acloaca sounds like he's Todd Howard's jilted lover :)

First off, you can stop overreacting. No one is attacking you. It's just a different viewpoint.

Where is this information on the web that proves HH's version of Prey 2 was very good? A few cinematics and scripted videos? I happen to have the opinion that it did look promising, but that doesn't mean it would have been as good or better than Arkane's Prey.

If it was my choice, both games would have been released. Unfortunately, that's not what happened. You shouldn't try to convince people not to play Prey because of that though.
All you have to do is do a search, it's not like this hasn't been a hot topic of a year or two.

What are you going on about, I posted about passing on the game and gave accurate reasons why. Haven't once tried to convince anyone else not to play. Didn't start the attacks but did respond. Apparently I needed to defend, my not being interested. I didn't start jack, with anyone. What's going on with you peeps today. :)

Edited, past tense.

C'mon Dart and JDR, see if you can get him to blow a valve! Go, go, go!!!

Acloaca sounds like he's Todd Howard's jilted lover :)
Sounds like your an expert on spotting gays, professional? You just can't take your eyes of todd. Hey, that sounds like a song, feel free to use it will you hold him in your embrace. :)

Back
Top Bottom