|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?

Default What games are you playing now?

March 12th, 2018, 21:59
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
So maybe a slow heavy armored knight is more of hindrance than a help if he's too slow to dodge? I found the only chance in hell I had against that demon was to take off the armor to be able to dodge fast enough.
Depends on how you're playing, but yes, armor in DS amounts to paper when it comes to reducing damage, it's more useful for resistance to stagger(ing) and different effects.
Against bosses, in general, it's better to evade attacks entirely.
--
Rush in and die, dogs…I was a man before I was a king.

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

March 12th, 2018, 22:03
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
After buying this almost a month ago, today I fired up Legend of Heroes: Cold Steel two, for the computer. I've only played an hour so far, but I'm totally back in love with this series, you really don't know how much you missed something until you have it back again!!
I'm jealous on both you and HiddenX.
Honestly I wish I jumped on that one first. Instead of FF15 grinding chorefest.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)

March 12th, 2018, 22:36
So maybe a slow heavy armored knight is more of hindrance than a help if he's too slow to dodge? I found the only chance in hell I had against that demon was to take off the armor to be able to dodge fast enough.
Keep in mind it's an open class system and you can find all the starting items of the various classes later on. If you want to be a knight in shining armour you can become so from any starting class.

As for that demon, as azarhal said, Pyromancer is the easiest way to deal with him and that's partly because the demon is weak vs fire. The other way is starting with firebombs starting gift.

Also, I'd suggest using your weapon in two-handed mode because it effectively doubles your strength.

SirJames

Keeper of the Watch

March 13th, 2018, 03:14
Well indecisiveness strikes. I did the big Alien Isolation download today. Hopefully it doesn’t require Depends and has a decent UI.

Thrasher

Wheeee!

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

March 13th, 2018, 04:11
Well indecisiveness strikes. I did the big Alien Isolation download today. Hopefully it doesn’t require Depends and has a decent UI.
Great game. I look forward to replaying it someday.

Fwiw, we'll understand if you shit yourself once or twice.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

March 13th, 2018, 05:03
I’ll be sure to let everyone know.

Thrasher

Wheeee!

March 13th, 2018, 09:48
Still playing DOS2, just got to ARX, after the Nameless Isle I hope the game picks up again. Currently I feel a bit confused about the different factions and what their motives are at the moment. The magisters, the paladins, the black ring, the white magisters? Maybe it will become clearer as I progress.
As a lot of reviews and impressions have stated: the loot system is really not the strength of this game. I'm never excited about getting a new cool unique item since I know it will be useless in a level or two. A shame really. With that said I stil think it's one of the best RPGS in a long time.

Lemonhead

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

March 13th, 2018, 10:55
Yea I just hit arx myself yesterday. Noticed a few changes in nameless isle (you used to have to put the gem somehwere to get into xan clockworks but this time you just had to touch it). Also the game is a lot easier (on tactical) than the first time i played and some of the looping graphics bugs were fixed. Seems i'm leveling faster (also). level 20 already.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

March 13th, 2018, 18:19
Wow Alien Isolation! The environmental ambient sound is phenomenal. I keep stopping and looking around for an alien to pop out, but it’s stayed hidden for now. Really great effect. I read that the devs found an 8 track tape of unused sound effects from the first movie and borrowed them. Well done!

Thrasher

Wheeee!

+1:

March 13th, 2018, 18:55
Alien Isolation is a great game. Very, very tense. Also very hard - I started off on normal and then had to keep reducing the difficulty! Even on the easiest setting I died/squealed/panicked/froze/jumped out my skin a heck of a lot. Happy days, happy days.

Pongo

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

March 13th, 2018, 18:59
I tried Alien Isolation in VR, but had to stop it. I'm fairly sure that a medical emergency could result.
--
"Orwell was almost exactly wrong in a strange way. He thought the world would end with Big Brother watching us, but it ended with us watching Big Brother." Alan Moore

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

March 13th, 2018, 19:04
Ha ha. I am playing on hard mode, since the in game description said that's how the game was intended to be played. I hope I don't regret it. Anyway not very far in and can tell this is going to be totally engaging. Some good nostalgia influencing me as well, I suppose.

Thrasher

Wheeee!

March 13th, 2018, 20:44
It's not all that difficult. Remember if you find yourself in a tight spot, smack it a few times with a wrench, it's surprisingly effective.
--

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch

+1:

March 13th, 2018, 21:15
So if I just crouch and sneak everywhere, does the alien make fewer appearances? That's how I've been playing so far.

BTW, the UI isn't too bad. But it's impossible to unquip an item, like a flare. Only able to switch equipped items.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards…0266382?page=2
Last edited by Thrasher; March 14th, 2018 at 01:43.

Thrasher

Wheeee!

March 14th, 2018, 16:43
Tried Exiled Kingdoms, game is pretty awesome.
--
Favorite Game: Gothic II
My steam profile

porcozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

March 14th, 2018, 17:55
Yeah, I played a lot of that one too, porc. I didn't finish, but that's rare for me nowadays.

I'm replaying The Quest by Redshift. This is a phone port game but it plays like Might and Magic I-V but with a single character. It also is very much like Charles game (Underworld?) but easier. I tried mixing in one of the add-ons with the main game. It is called Thor's Hammer and you can go there from the first town of the main game, so about 15 minutes in or less. However, Thor's Hammer has much better loot than The Quest, so you'll be overpowered pretty quickly. I don't mind that on my 2nd playthrough but I wouldn't recommend it on a first time play. I'm pancaking dwarves, abandoned ones, etc and those guys are super tough w/o TH gear.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

March 14th, 2018, 18:57
Day two of Trails of Cold Steel part two, and I'd have to say this game is somewhat more difficult than the prior one. It ramps up quite unevenly as well, so you just never quite know when a certain fight will be several factors higher than the previous engagements. Makes you really think before each and every engagement, which of course just makes it all the better for me!!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
+1:

March 14th, 2018, 22:14
So if I just crouch and sneak everywhere, does the alien make fewer appearances? That's how I've been playing so far.

BTW, the UI isn't too bad. But it's impossible to unquip an item, like a flare. Only able to switch equipped items.
The appearance of the xenomorph is random, as he's constantly searching for you. Sneaking will prevent him from hearing you if he's really close but has no impact on his whereabouts at any given time.

There are only a handful of scripted sequences that place him near you for story purposes.

I remember being pretty annoyed that you can't stash an item once you're holding it. My solution was to hotkey the wrench to a convenient button and just hit that every time I wanted to switch away from something else.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

March 14th, 2018, 22:26
Thanks!

I've found left clicking switches to the wrench (and swings as well).

I've probably missed a few scripted appearances from the view being obscured by sneaking. I hear the sound effects and music, but am too careful to peek.
Last edited by Thrasher; March 14th, 2018 at 22:38.

Thrasher

Wheeee!

March 16th, 2018, 04:52
Got NWN itch, so got back into playing mods. 2 that one.
Luckily not that many.
--

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch

+1:
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?