Last game you finished, tell us about it

Finished Avernum the third today, and right up there with Nethergate, those are my two favourites from Spiderweb games. I cannot recommend both of these enough, if you like their games you will be fully enchanted with these!!

I find odd you didn't like the combat. I mean it's copypaste of all consolegames. Mushroomy trash. :D
I don't like button smashers, but for some games I endure it, as long as I don't have to memorize that ABA is a high kick and BBAX is a roundhouse jumping attack I can survive.

Why all the interest in japanese console games? That's what I don't understand. ^^
Because they're finally porting them to PC so they're relevant to this site now.

Why all the interest in japanese console games? That's what I don't understand. ^^
Some. Just some of them. For others I think most of us don't care.

Finished Avernum the third today, and right up there with Nethergate, those are my two favourites from Spiderweb games. I cannot recommend both of these enough, if you like their games you will be fully enchanted with these!!
I agree! (and also about Nethergate) :cool:

Loss? Actually it's profit. They'll save $ and buy SSD and enjoy their PC breathing instead of buying stupid mushrooms plastic garbage mandatory for 99% of insulting ports.

Proper ports do exist of course. Those are what I ment when saying "some".

I think someone fried Joxer's mushrooms.

Last edited:
I finished Elex yesterday. I enjoyed the game and had no quests left unsolved. I like it when the power curve is as obvious as in a PB game, starting off I ran from everything. In the last 10 hours everything should have ran from me instead, and I find that extremely satisfying.

The writing was as usual in PB games extremely varied in quality (to me), I got engaged by some of the quests while others were just plain stupid. The story was a bit confusing and I wondered a couple of times if I was doing things out of the "correct" order, but it came together alright in the end. The ending being influenced only by your cold level was maybe a bit cheap, but on the other hand I have a clear memory of people being upset that you could choose the ending in TToN despite what tides you had chosen during the game, so I guess it's a hard thing to get right.

All in all I would probably rate it around 8/10, and the best Open world RPG I've played in a VERY long time. The last one that would get that score from me was probably FO:NV.

Now…on to Battletech!

Last edited:
Fallout 3 - GOTY: Well I finished the main quest @ level 21 - undecided if I will do broken steel. For a while the game was really interesting but now it has seem to gotten old and klunky. I'm sure I missed a lot of side quests but no real way to tell. Not sure what to say - it is not perfectly stable on windows 10 - a crash every few days but usually at very annoying point in time as I wasn't constantly hitting that quick save button. I mostly played without cheats on hard ('cept i went to some island to find nadine and had to switch to easy or insta die; just defended the mansion and got the heck out of that place - hope nadine is ok). Some things are not well explained like what happens if a body part is critical or radation level goes up (though if it gets too high you insta die). I did anchorage alaska and that was a lot of fun - not sure if it is worth doing any of the other dlc. Oh well maybe later.

ME:A 125 hours, 62% achievements. After the climax the cut scenes and banter drag on a bit... I understand people felt the original ME3 ending lacked closure, but that was for an entire trilogy and you have spent hundreds of hours with your crew. Biggest issues: lack of hot romance options, for an 'exploration' game there is very little sense of discovery... no unique loot, unusual quests, or bizarre aliens.

Went back to Far Cry Primal, and actually finished it. Well, every non-randomised quest I could find, anyway.
There were plenty of question marks left on the map for "undiscovered locations", and undiscovered masks, etc, but I just don't have the will continue. Did all of the master beast hunts, got to see the entire "story"; that's gotta be enough.
I think I need a big break before I tackle another Ubisoft, "fill in the map" game.

Finished Azure Saga today, took me about twenty-five hours in total or thereabouts. Fun game but I'd never replay it completely simply because of the last named, almost ever turn he would cast some shield that gave him total protection for around four turns, and he would KEEP recasting it spam-style, even when it was already up, lol. That made the fight last almost two hours, I would never ever do that fight again, nor would I recommend the game to any real friend.

Went back to Far Cry Primal, and actually finished it.

I think I need a big break before I tackle another Ubisoft, "fill in the map" game.
Man… You don't need any break, you need to avoid Ubisoft's junkyards. Primal is a junkyard.

From recent Ubi's releases get Watch Dogs 2 (complete edition - sidequests that came within the season pass are awsome and worth playing) and Assassin Creed Origins. Those two aren't junkyards.
Avoid Far Cry 5, it's again a junkyard.

WD2 is not RPG.
Unlike previous AC games, ACO is in my opinion a RPG hybrid and it seems because the audience was pleased with the new direction series took Ubi wants to add more RPG elements in future AC games:
https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinsc...ew_ac_survey_shows_possible_new_rpg_elements/

Man… You don't need any break, you need to avoid Ubisoft's junkyards...
Thanks for the tips :thumbsup:

Looking at my crazy huge backlog, I see I have Watch Dogs 1 and Assassin's Creed Black Flag. How are those as far as junkyards go?

Both of those bored me to death. Some people on the forum liked them, dunno how and why, I guess it's a matter of taste. Both have enormous and cluttered map. Endless "collectibles" with meaningless rewards upon completing any collection.

If you'll try WD1, make sure to install the graphics mod.

I completed World of Final Fantasy today, I'm a huge fan of this universe, but this wasn't my favourite game of FF by a long shot. Honestly, it didn't even seem like a FF game, other than having characters from many of the previous games in it. In the end, I was just rushing to finish it, and not one that I would ever replay, but I got it pretty cheap so I cannot whine too much.

Tell Tale's Guardians of the Galaxy. Tell Tale claim the game isn't tied to the movies, but it fits perfectly between vol.1 and vol.2. Ep 1 and 2 were very meh, I had to push through aware the game is pretty short so why not... good thing too because Ep 3 has a huge twist and from that point on the story is great. Thematically dealing with death in the family, and the process of renewal, I found it to be a very emotional ride. Funny and tragic, it's a livin' thing.

Healer's Quest didn't take very long to complete, quite different from anything else I've recently played. You play the healer in a group, I saw the game more of a mockery of Everquest or other online games, where you have to keep your group alive as you explore. The absolute highlight of the game is the within party banter, which can get pretty hilarious at times.

Today I'm thinking I finally might get around to trying Earthlock.

Back
Top Bottom