Pillars of Eternity II - The World of Deadfire

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
PCGamesN shares details about the world of Deadfire in Pillars of Eternity 2 courtesy of Obsidian Entertainment.

This is a sponsored post courtesy of Obsidian Entertainment.

Pillars of Eternity II transports you to the Deadfire Archipelago which you will quickly find out provides a very different experience to your last trip into Obsidian’s fantasy universe. The first game stuck closely to established Tolkienesque archetypes, with rolling meadows, crumbling fortresses, and murky forests, but Pillars II replaces that entirely with a Polynesian-like island landscape. The result is a game that leans into fantasies of the golden age of pirating more than your classic D&D adventure, and that’s something to be excited about.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

LOL

More and more I read, more I expect this game to be a clone of:

latest

LOL
More and more I read, more I expect this game to be a clone of:

No, you probably got Avellonized too much. :)

BTW did you guys noticed this subtitle? "A world of greed" AGAIN? Is it spreading or something? Did Obsidian pulled the idea from Black Geyser? :)

Di you play the first game? It was pretty good imo. I think this will be similar. Not very sims like I would imagine.

No, you probably got Avellonized too much. :)
Not really. I don't follow the codex thread - did stumble on it and wrote a comment on bugs by Obsidian, but you won't see more of me in there.
What I did was nitpicking other sources.

The first clue is here (watch the video 2:34-2:40):
https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39611

You'll say okay, pet collection is nothing new, thousands of phonegames do it or something like that. Besides, Sims 3 Pets is not the base game content but is behind a paywall in form of expansion. Paywall.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/560130/Pillars_of_Eternity_II_Deadfire/
PRE-ORDER TODAY to get your FREE digital items:

Beakhead, the Hawk (In-Game Pet): Beakhead, the white hawk, took a liking to your ship soon after you arrived in the Deadfire.
The Deluxe Edition Includes:

• Cosmo, the Space Pig: It wouldn't be Pillars of Eternity without Cosmo! Cosmo accompanies your party, floating on cyan gossamer, inspiring you through a combination of unflappable courage and incredible cuteness.
So, to collect all Eternity 2 pets, shell out some more $ as, at least some, aren't included in the base game.

On top of it all, did you know that Sims 3 Pets was (and still is) the buggiest expansion that game had? Well, there you go.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Di you play the first game? It was pretty good imo. I think this will be similar. Not very sims like I would imagine.
Sure, Eternity 2 is not supposed to be life sim but RPG. It doesn't mean the overall impression won't be the same as for that certain sims expansion I mention.

Eh? I'm saying the game looks to me more and more as a clone of… The pic up there.
The milking part was just used as another clue why is that so, I wasn't aiming on it's pocketfilling/pocketemptying depends on the side purpose.

We can discuss caring about any of (Eternity 2) DLC too though.

POE1 has a lots of pet you can collect too, there was a kickstarter exclusive and a pre-order bonus pet for it as well. It's not a new feature. The only new feature is the menagerie after people complained their pets stayed in the inventory because you can only have one out at a time while adventuring.

Exactly. From inventory junk category to Sims 3 Pets, errr… "theme park"?
All I need to learn now if there will be pet collecting Pokemon Go clone on phones linked to the game. So far no word about it.

It is already streamed. Looks like solid content product for streamers.

It seems as though in Deadfire the pets actually provide a small bonus to your party as opposed to being purely cosmetic.

Didn't bother me in PoE 1 though. I always rather liked the idea of a cute little kitty cat serenely watching on as my party murdered hundreds of mobs.

I always rather liked the idea of a cute little kitty cat serenely watching on as my party murdered hundreds of mobs.

Very fitting for a cat. Likely didn't even notice :)

Well, I'm still looking forward to some piratey hijinks. Hopefully they'll get it patched up before MCA's carpet bombing takes out their bunker.

Very fitting for a cat. Likely didn't even notice :)

"Don't bother the cat, Itumaak. You'd have better odds against a stelgaer."

Been watching streams. Very good streamer friendly product.
The whole game universe starts to be seriously fleshed in. They kept music, snipets etc which gives cohesion.

Combat, despite all concessions made, is played through a slideshow, even though it might be easy to play it RTwP.

Difficulty levels are not yet implemented, meaning that path of the damned is simple, which suits streamers'needs.

What you're saying is the game is utter trash and not worth playing because there is no challenge, story is linear so it works as mexican soap opera and combat is stupid slideshow.

Well, I'm still looking forward to some piratey hijinks. Hopefully they'll get it patched up before MCA's carpet bombing takes out their bunker.
Bah I doubt MCA'S rant on the Codex will negatively affect the company. It's only talked about on small forums and maybe one or two oversea's websites. Many don't care.

Hopefully this game doesn't need thirty or more patches.:-/

Didn't bother me in PoE 1 though. I always rather liked the idea of a cute little kitty cat serenely watching on as my party murdered hundreds of mobs.
This is the cat you need in a game like POE.:lol:

7fcb5d26085b220e3069faebcc4d1de0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom