Risen 2 - Xbox 360 and PS3 Versions Released

no new patch for PC? :(

I've been waiting for so long

This seemed like a great game judging by the demo on Steam. I fear the long delay for the console version combined with the relatively low profile of this title might result in poor sales.

There were some horrible reviews for the PC version. Are the console versions any better?

There were some horrible reviews for the PC version. Are the console versions any better?
First installment didn't have positive reception as well but don't let some negative reviews deceive you. If you are looking for a great Action-RPG, Risen 2 is a must. No doubt console versions will receive lower scores but as I said there is nothing to worry about. Critics (or rather professional journalists) of the industry always give Risen/Gothic series low scores (at least lower than what they deserve), it's not surprising at all.

Last edited:
The first game had some really weird bugs. My character's head or various body parts kept disappearing!

Didn't notice anything like that in the second game, although I hate the way Piranha bytes seems enjoy locking down the quicksave key to F8, so you can't change it without messing around in the config file.

Didn't notice anything like that in the second game, although I hate the way Piranha bytes seems enjoy locking down the quicksave key to F8, so you can't change it without messing around in the config file.
Wasn't F8 quickload and F5 quicksave?

The console versions are content identical to the PC version. So you can safely assume that only the technical implementation is relevant in the console reviews.

Two things seems to be clear after the early reviews:
The XBox version is better than the PS3 conversion.
The conversions are better than the one for the first Risen.

Almost all reviews here say that the XBox360 conversion is okay.

edit: It's not clear if the changes of the last PC patch are included.

Last edited:

A conversion from a technically powerful platform to a technically outdated platform (yes, both consoles are horribly outdated) can hardly be "better".

But why would anybody believe the reviews for a mid budget Euro-RPG?

there's no such thing as a ultimately finished product. I see updates popping up from lower class companies. They only released 1 or 2, after tons of complaints.

Dunno man, I don't like it. I'll wait another 3 years till the GOG people get it and do a patch of their own. That's just my opinion. I want to see them care and feel an obsession for polishing

You think the folks at GOG actually make patches for other companies games? Dude, they steal cracks from the warez scene to make their games DRM free, they're not building patches for software they didn't write. If a game on GOG is patched beyond the original releases, it's the developers who did it.

1) thats speculation
2) I don't give a F who patches it.
3) If the developer needs motivation to polish their junk, they ain't looking good in my eyes
Hope you understand where i'm comming from this time, and stop getting butthurt

Weird. I hoped, that the delay in releasing console versions meant among other things a major polishing job to the game, that would also find its way into the PC version eventually. It seems, that console versions weren't simply ready when PC version was released. PB really are as incompetent developing for consoles as Rockstar is developing for PC. I hope they see the light one day and stop developing for consoles, because frankly they suck at it.

The ports were done by WizarBox from France. PB developes only on PC.

Back
Top Bottom