System Shock - January Update

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The January update for System Shock remake.

January Update

Posted by Nightdive Studios (Creator)

Hello backers! It's Stephen from Nightdive with this month's update.

Due to the Holidays this update is coming a bit later than we would like but we've got some exciting things to share so let's get right to it!

First up is a quick video preview we put together showing off the final art. There's some confusion over the temporary art used in the Adventure Alpha video so hopefully this will clear that up!

Next up is a ton of art!

Tom has been working on rest/lounge areas for Citadel employees. These areas were designed to provide a brief respite from the oppressive cold and brutalist working conditions within the station.

d456c069fcbcedeaf6b0eff73b54017a_original.png

â*€â*€â*€â*€

3c2621a6218392c249f6ce0c3303c248_original.png

â*€â*€â*€â*€

Here's an example of how we'll be able to palette swap chunks of the environment so they match their respective level.

â*€â*€â*€â*€

8f6a392f8c2a859b3e2b2fa722606207_original.png

â*€â*€â*€â*€

Tom is also working on a vegetation system that will allow us to create some really wonderful overgrowth in areas like the Groves.

â*€â*€â*€â*€

90b73a412cc64a92c1907d490a51138d_original.png

â*€â*€â*€â*€[...]
More information.

Love the â*€â*€â*€â*€ symbols.:lol:

Nice visual eye candy, plus the gloomy areas and many corners set a creepy mood.

Interesting. The basic layout is the same as in older gameplay video, but it seems there are sharper textures, some small changes in rooms, new details. You can compare…

I really like what I'm seeing here. I think it looks great considering it's pre-alpha footage.

I know a lot of people were disappointed when Nightdive changed their minds about doing a "reimagined" version of the game, but I think they made the right decision. I'm not confident they could have pulled it off even if they had the funding.

Personally, I'm happy with a proper remaster and that's what this appears to be.

I'll admit I was one of those that was very concerned when Nightdive altered their plans and decided to make a very different version from what they first proposed. But based on what I've read since then, I also think they made a good call, the real proof will be when we have this product in our hands! In light of recent projects that have failed, I believe this one will be a hit.

I really like what I'm seeing here. I think it looks great considering it's pre-alpha footage.

I know a lot of people were disappointed when Nightdive changed their minds about doing a "reimagined" version of the game, but I think they made the right decision. I'm not confident they could have pulled it off even if they had the funding.

Personally, I'm happy with a proper remaster and that's what this appears to be.

I also admit I was one of those who voiced here, in rage, not only because NightDive decided to change the game they were making, but mainly because I thought no game was coming at all, after a infamously disatrous PR note by Mr. Stephen Kick.

Yes , I am glad (and relieved) the game is coming along well. But that was a hell of a scare.

This is looking very good to me also. It seems they have made a miraculous recovery for this game, when it was looking quite shaky there for awhile.

Based on that video footage, I will be getting this game when it comes out. Great combo of a retro feeling with a nice tone and art style in the graphics.

Now this looks GOOD! Don't FKN change it and get on with porting the game content to this look!!!

Yeah, it looks good for a pure remaster. But empty levels are relatively easy to pull off.

I'm looking forward to seeing some real gameplay.

Still, I really, REALLY wanted more than just a prettier System Shock.

Especially now that I've lost all hope for SS3.

Back
Top Bottom