Starfield - Everything we know about Bethesda's next RPG - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Starfield - Everything we know about Bethesda's next RPG

Default Starfield - Everything we know about Bethesda's next RPG

December 21st, 2019, 21:42
JuiceHead put together some information about Bethesda's next RPG:

Everything We Know About Bethesda's Next Single Player RPG, Starfield Details

loading…

More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

December 22nd, 2019, 08:24
This is why linking to youtube videos made by kids is not a good idea. He gets about 50% of his details and timeline wrong and the rest is just things that we already know. Starfield started as a pitch from Bethesda to Paramount to create an open galaxy Star Trek rpg but a deal couldn't get done. Before that they tried their own with 10th planet but didn't have the tech necessary to make it a reality. They shelved the idea and developed their own sci-fi IP in the background which eventually became Starfield. If you want a nice scoop, they're also working on the second iteration of an open world horror game based on the Cthulhu mythos. That will be the project after ES6. And no I'm not going to tell you how I know these things. Believe me, or don't, but definitely don't believe kids on youtube that just blather out of their backsides about things they know nothing about.

Jeremy

Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

December 22nd, 2019, 13:48
Do we actually want to know anything about Starfield ?

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)

December 22nd, 2019, 13:52
Originally Posted by you View Post
That is a good question!
I guess FO 76 has to be an immense disaster before they will find find their way back to what made them great. Same with EA and the latest Star Wars game.

Darkheart

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

December 22nd, 2019, 14:11
Originally Posted by you View Post
Simple answer no. Just that it was announced at E3 two years ago and some negative leaks on reedit. Oh and I forgot a short trailer with no game-play just CGI.
--
"Life is not always black and white, it's a million shades of grey. Remember this the next time you judge someone based on their religion, political party, or personal beliefs" - Couchpotato

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)

December 22nd, 2019, 17:09
- Hey Guys! We have this fantrastically FCKD UP Fallout engine, what to do with it?
- Let's do a SHT FACED stupid lame junkheap we can call StarField RPG so we can sell it to the gullible idiots stuffing fast food into their face holes!
- YEAH!

mercy

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

December 22nd, 2019, 18:17
It's always possible this may be a good game, so I'll wait and see. I just hope it's not going to be fully procedurally generated.

rjshae

Periapt vs Paronomasia

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

December 22nd, 2019, 21:25
As long as it's single player/offline and moddable it will eventually be a good game.

I had hopes for Fallout 76 with private servers and mods. And then they decided to charge for "private" servers. So that's dead.

Majnun

Sentinel

December 23rd, 2019, 03:23
I'm interested in Starfield until it's shown that I shouldn't be.

JFarrell71

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

December 23rd, 2019, 07:37
I'm not interested in Starfield until it's shown that I should be. After FO4 and FO76 I assume Bethesda games will not appeal to me unless there is specific evidence to the contrary.

khaight

Sentinel

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
+1:

December 23rd, 2019, 14:12
Bahhhh who cares about all this crap. Just tell me when the next Elder Scrolls will be released with awesome mods.
--
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

December 23rd, 2019, 14:40
Am I the only one reminded of "Everything We Know about the Heechee" (http://www.cyberartsweb.org/cpace/fi…ories/joke.htm) or (like me) knows what I'm talking about?

a pibbur who (yes, he does) looks forward to a new Bethesda game and hopes it will be good (in his not so humble opinion)

a pibbur

Feeling … lonely?

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

December 23rd, 2019, 14:54
I had totally forgotten about Starfield, not expecting that to come out anytime soon. Bethesa is now busy reworking Skyrim for the next generation of consoles that will launch in a year

zypek

Watcher

December 29th, 2019, 21:40
We don't know anything about it, really.

However:

Apart from Star Citizen, this is probably my most anticipated title.

But that's because I assume it's essentially Skyrim + Mass Effect - set in some kind of semi-hard science universe.

At least, that's my best guess. I'm getting that Interstellar/2001/Gravity kind of vibe from it.

In any case, Bethsoft remain the best at making open world free-form CRPGs - warts and all.

I have no reason to expect this won't be another fantastic title.

DArtFlash

Mentioned: Post(s)

December 30th, 2019, 02:39
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Starfield started as a pitch from Bethesda to Paramount to create an open galaxy Star Trek rpg but a deal couldn't get done.

And no I'm not going to tell you how I know these things. Believe me, or don't, but definitely don't believe kids on youtube that just blather out of their backsides about things they know nothing about.

Some internet random posts a load of crap and some people here actually believe him? Why on earth would they be pitching to Paramount? Paramount don't even own the IP!! They only own the right to the Star Trek Films. The actual IP is owned by Viacom CBS, something anyone who knows anything about Star Trek would know. At least the youtube linked gets 50% right, your "facts" are all over the place.
--
Favourite RPGs of all time: Wizardry 6, Ultima 7/7.2, Fallout2, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2+TOB, Jagged Alliance 2, Ravenloft: The stone prophet, Gothic 2, Realms of Arkania:Blade of destiny (not the HD version!!) and Secret of the Silver Blades.

bjon045

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

December 30th, 2019, 07:18
Sometimes I read the comments on here and wonder if we share the same love of rpg's….a lot of sanctimonious ramblings.

I'm interested in this, until I'm not….I mean not every rpg will be for me, but bethesda has released some of biggest consumers of my time in the last 20 years or so….horrible people.
--
If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

November 21st, 2020, 19:42
Because they worked with them to make a bunch of fairly decent Star Trek games in the 1990's. The pitch was rejected and then they started to work on their own IP called 10th Planet which also ended up being cancelled. It eventually became the upcoming IP known as Starfield. These are verifiable facts so instead of hurling insults, maybe try googling it. I suppose that kind of thing would prevent you from just being nasty online like you seem to enjoy. I'd also point out two things. First, you're as much of an internet "rando" as everyone else here. Second, I'm not new here. I've been here since the beginning but it was so long ago that I forgot what e-mail I used to make my original account and when my last computer died I had to start a new account. While I don't have any obligation to explain anything to some "internet rando" please google "Bethesda once pitched singleplayer Star Trek rpg". It's an article from Owen Good from 2010. The 10th Planet stuff I'll let you find on your own, detective. I will happily accept an apology when you find out that you're wrong. Cheers!

Jeremy

Traveler

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Starfield - Everything we know about Bethesda's next RPG