Hoyfjell. Industrial-Fantasy RPG

saj

Watcher
hoyfjell_logo_black_2_400.png

Ahoj!
So, here's Hoyfjell. A turn-based open-world RPG.

Any feedback is appreciated, feel free to ask any questions about the game.

If you are interested in more WIP stuff, I post it here: pixelfeed
If you are interested in devlog, you are welcome to my website: saidrona

I don't really know what to add, except that it's work in progress.

You don't need to add anything.
No procedurally generated maps = count me very interested. :)

Color me pastel and call me Arcanum :D

Looks great, man!

Will there be industrio-magic conflict?

Hm, yes, that does look nice indeed, the Arcanum vibes are appreciated.

Yet all too often, developers mistakenly believe they are working on a game, while in reality they are still only working on a game engine. I wonder if this is such a case.

I do hope you have the resources to bring this to fruition.

Pastel me Arcanum too.

EDIT: What does hoyfjell means btw?

Last edited:
I suppose hoyfjell is Scandinavian (Norwegian "høyfjell") which means high mountains.

pibbur who observes that the colour of the train is similar to the colour of NSB, the Norwegian Railway service, but realises this may be wishful thinking.

EDIT: Checked the website. The name of the game is indeed "Høyfjell", with the Norwegian specific character 'ø'. So it is does translate to high mountains.

Og da er vel spillet norsk?

@Myrthos; I think @pibbur who; and @Winterfart; are cussing :)

OK, thanks.

We're not cussing. Because then we (I) would have used words like "drittsekk", "fanden", "humlepung".

pibbur who swears that he usually doesn't swear. He is BTW impressed by the language capabilities of vinterprompen ("winterfart" in Norwegian)

The landscapes look pretty cool in the screenshots.

I hope though that the character art does not go further into the direction of Anime.

Thank you very much for all the feedback!

Kamaz, that's a good question.
I like the idea of magick / tech conflict, but it doesn't seem to fit with the lore and story that I have. So, as of right now, I can't say for sure.

Atrachasis, oh, yes, I do recognize this issue.
I guess, I need to provide some background on the project, indeed.
I've started working on the game in March 2017. I like turn-based, open-world stuff, but I thought, it's maybe too ambitious, I needed something simpler. Well, to make long story short, after 20 months or so, I had this: vimeo.com/368002215

While I liked the result, it wasn't exactly what I wanted to play.
So I rebooted the project in March 2019, left the job along the way to fully focus on the game. I started with core systems and intentionally didn't even touch the art, before these systems were not ready. For quite a time the game looked like this: saidrona.com/media/screenshot_5.jpg

Right now, I'm focused on the graphics, the goal of this milestone is to have enough assets to work on a gameplay.

pibbur who, you are right. I choose to spell it with O, simply because it will be easier to type for most of the people, but kept Ø in the logo.
Similarity with NSB is not accidental. The logo in the front is also loosely influenced by NSB logo.

Kordanor, note taken!

On that screenshot I've immediately noticed on the right side: gamepad status [void].
Almost got an eye cancer. :D

joxer, I don't know if there will be a controller support. I need to implement mouse+keyboard interface first, then decide if it can be played on a gamepad or not. Just for now I implemented some basic gamepad stuff to abstract input handling and menu navigation.

Hey this looks rather promising and the screenshots evokes a nice atmosphere.

I'm definitely interested in learning more:

Will we create our own character/s or will the main character be predefined?

Classes or more of a freeform spend skill points however you wish style of character building?

Party based or solo?

How combat focused will it be? In other words: will there be alternate ways of dealing with enemies / solving quests such as stealth, diplomacy, bluffing, enchantment, bribery, etc.?

Last edited:
daveyd, thank you very much for your feedback and your interest!

1. There's a character creation phase. You can assign initial stats and skills, pick sex. The race is locked to a human. Cannot say right now for appearance customization, I need to experiment more with it to have a definitive answer.
2. Solo, but you can control followers in combat.
3. The game's story line should be finishable without a single kill. The game is not combat-heavy in general. Some side-quests are linear, some have multiple solutions.

Well done friend. Looks great!

Redmi Note 7 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Back
Top Bottom