Couchpotato's Random RPG News

Does Anyone Read This Thread for News?

• Yes

Votes: 53 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
Black Myth: Wukong Official Trailer

Check out a new trailer for Black Myth: Wukong, a new action adventure RPG from Chinese developer Game Science based on the Journey to the West mythology.
Outer Worlds: Murder on Eridanos DLC Coming Soon - Gamerant
According to publisher Take-Two Interactive's latest earnings report, the second DLC for The Outer Worlds is expected to launch in this fiscal year, which ends on March 31, 2021. A more definitive date has not yet been announced.

Fallout: New California is fun but not Perfect

I played the Warrior side of the New California side of the story. The vault is a great prologue, but odd from time to time. This mod is something else, odd undertones but Bragg is great.
Mass Effect Legendary Trailer vs Originals, Side By Side Comparison

We went through the Mass Effect Legendary Edition Trailer and matched as many shots as possible with the original games.
Last Epoch Dev Interview - Segmentnext
Speaking with SegmentNext in a recent interview, game director Judd Cobler stated that competing against upcoming behemoths like Diablo 4 and Path of Exile 2 is not a specific goal. That being said, he believes Last Epoch to garner better reviews and possibly experience the most successful launch in the genre.
Microsoft forms new subsidiary 'Vault' to handle its ZeniMax acquisition - PCGamer
As spotted by Eurogamer, a European Commission filing revealed that Microsoft intends to absorb ZeniMax by way of a merger with the newly-formed subsidiary. The document itself is an invitation to interested parties to comment on or challenge the acquisition by February 15th—though at this stage the deal is all but sealed.

]Mass Effect Legendary Trailer vs Originals, Side By Side Comparison
From this I'd say I prefer the original visuals... I don't like the DoF on the new, or the new softer lighting. The old lighting with sharper highlights gave a moodier, noirish feel I like.

From this I'd say I prefer the original visuals… I don't like the DoF on the new, or the new softer lighting. The old lighting with sharper highlights gave a moodier, noirish feel I like.
I agree looks like they added a ton of Lght FX's to the up-scaled graphics. Similar how Bethesda upgraded Skyrim. Still I'm not a fan of light rays so it's a turn off for me.

Turned up the brightness and rubbed some Vaseline on the lens.

Remaster complete, Sir!

Turned up the brightness and rubbed some Vaseline on the lens.

Remaster complete, Sir!
With a dash of Bloom and Motion Blur also.:biggrin:

Didn't play any of the Mass Effects, but I agree about the "remaster".

Fechtbuch: The Real Swordfighting behind Kingdom Come

The documentary Fechtbuch not only charts Warhorse Studio's quest to create a unique experience but also presents medieval martial arts as a phenomenon and an important element of European history.
Diablo II Retrospective - Gamebanshee
Way back in 1997, the small but dedicated Blizzard North team released Diablo - a gothic action-RPG about exploring vast, procedurally-generated tunnels underneath the town of Tristram and slaying the demonic Lord of Terror lurking within.

These days, Diablo could be considered a shining example of a roguelite - a game that takes some inspirations from Rogue but doesn't follow the traditional roguelike formula too closely, or at all.
ATOM RPG: Trudograd - The Special Armor Update Live
Greetings friends!

Today we're launching another update for ATOM RPG: Trudograd Early Access.

While not continuing the main plot, Update 0.8 has brought new side missions and several dozens of new characters to meet and work for, as well as many fixes to most mechanics.
Solasta Crown of the Magister - Cracking Open The Difficulty Settings
This week we'll be rolling Intelligence (Investigation) checks on the Difficulty Settings of Solasta. We briefly talked about them in a previous update, but it's time to get into the nitty gritty details - this way you'll know exactly your options at launch!
King Arthur: Knight’s Tale - Early Access Roadmap
Now that King Arthur: Knight's Tale Early Access is out in the wild it is time to see what's next! But first, we'd like to thank you for the tremendous amount of feedback we've got from you. We're really grateful for all of your suggestions and bug reports, whether it was a few words, a longer doc or comments with pros and cons or even recorded footage. While we're debating how brutal the nerf for ranged heroes and Sir Kay should be (just kidding), we complied a roadmap for the coming months, since the plan from the beginning was to update the game during the Early Access period too.

The German word "fechten" mainly means swordfighting. Not the brutal thing, but rather what you see in the RL Olympic Games.

Buch = book.
Buchbinder = bookbinder. In DDO, there's a quest around a family called "Binder" or "Buchbinder". One of the family members even has the name of Buchwald, which means bookwood / bookforest.

DM Wyvern Interviews Jennell Jaquays

The early days of the Dungeons & Dragons tabletop role-playing hobby were fresh and exciting and countless talented writers, designers and gamers stepped up to enrich this new hobby. And one of the brightest lights of that era was (and still is) game designer Jennell Jaquays.
Mass Effect Legendary Edition Interview - Game Informer
We recently sat down with game director Mac Walters and environment and character director Kevin Meek to learn about all of the ways the upcoming remaster aims to perfect the original. When talking about some of the more strategic and directly impactful adjustments, both Walters and Meek talked about one battle in particular: Benezia.
System Shock 2: Enhanced Edition Fully-Playable VR Mode - IGN
During the process of reverse-engineering the missing libraries for System Shock 2, we had an opportunity to play around with the idea of creating a standalone VR version, says Kick in an interview with IGN. And so we brought on an [VR] expert to look about the cod and give us a brief idea of what kind of things we could do.

Last edited:
Geneforge 1 - Mutagen Demo - CRPG - Let's Play

Shane checks the first part of the demo of Geneforge 1 Mutagen, a unique, truly open-ended fantasy adventure in a strange, new world. You are one of the Shapers, wizards with the awesome power to create life. Want a tool, a trap, an army? You summon it into existence. You create mighty beasts, and they totally obey you. Usually.
Space Wreck Demo - CRPG - Let's Play

Shane takes a look at the demo of Space Wreck, an intentionally short hardcore roleplaying game. P.S. Cambots suck.

Last edited:
Geneforge will be out soon, /drool. I'm guessing it will take weeks to get through it, I do enjoy the value of Spiderweb games!

Yes, they're great for a good long delve into something genuinely epic. They've been keeping me going for years now.

Blizzard 30th Anniversary Q&A

Launcher sat down with President J. Allen Brack and Senior Vice President Allen Adham of Blizzard Entertainment ahead of BlizzCon 2021 to get more insight on the big announcements with Blizzard's 30th anniversary approaching. They spoke about the upcoming Diablo II remaster, World of Warcraft Classic's Burning Crusade update, the challenges of managing two WoWs, Overwatch League Season 3, the uncertain future of Starcraft and their response to the Blitzchung Hearthstone incident.
BlizzConline 2021 - Diablo IV: What's Next

Members of the Diablo IV development team discuss the latest content coming to Sanctuary.
Diablo IV - Rogue Announce Trailer

The Rogue is the newest addition to the Diablo IV campfire, combining range and melee attacks with incredible speed and mobility. Prepare to slaughter hordes of the damned with imbued weapons and specialized attacks.
BlizzConline 2021 - Diablo Immortal: Alpha and Beyond

Lead Designer Wyatt Cheng and Lead Producer Caleb Arseneaux discuss the results of the Tech Alpha, and provide a sneak peek at what's next for Diablo Immortal. Hosted by Bluddshed.
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord - Multiplayer Duel Mode and Battle Terrain

In this development video, we take a look at a new multiplayer game mode, as well as, an update to the battle terrain system.
Torchlight III - Upcoming Content Sneak Peek
The winter has been cold and long, but the frontier is starting to warm up; we are getting ready for summer and wanted to update you on all things Torchlight III.

We are Legion: Rome - Official Teaser Trailer

Guide the fate of Kasius who joins Gaius Julius legions in the military campaign against Gauls and fight on the antique battlefield as regular Legionary. Advance in army ranks, lead well-equipped Roman troops in multiple battles scenarios and hack' slash your way to bloody victory. You have only one goal - get rich enough to marry the love of Your life. At least at the beginning.
Liara's Changes Are Important Despite Being Small - GameInfomer
We sat down with environment and character director Kevin Meek to explore why those seemingly minute changes matter and what they mean regarding her coming full circle as a character.
Avowed Needs to Solve One Problem - GameRant
If Obsidian is going to create a first-person fantasy RPG that truly brings the genre into the next generation, however, the studio will need to make significant innovations in the way it handles its open-world storytelling. To do so, Avowed will need to solve one problem found back in Skyrim, but also more recently in The Outer Worlds.
How Avowed Can Learn From Skyrim's Dragonborn DLC - Gamerant
The island of Solstheim from Skyrim's Dragonborn DLC has some great lessons to teach Avowed and its frontier setting, the Living Lands.
Elder Scrolls 6 Gameplay Footage "Leaks" Online, But Is It Real? - Comicbook
The leak comes the way of 4chan, which is the first red flag. While 4chan does occasionally produce genuine leaks and legit rumors, it also proliferates a lot of bollocks. As for the footage itself, it's short, blurry, and generic, all of which works against the leak as well.

The gameplay footage is supposedly from a build of the game for the purpose of map testing. It being generic and a bit barren isn't a huge red flag because it could be an early build. However, the amount of motion blur is certainly suspicious.
Larian opens UK studio to work on Baldur's Gate 3 - Gamasutra
Baldur's Gate 3 developer Larian Studios has opened a new studio in Guildford, UK, to assist with production on the long-awaited sequel.

The Creator talks about Ultimate ADOM and ADOM

As today is a big one for us, Thomas answers a few questions and talks about ADOM and Ultimate ADOM.
Diablo IV How It Can Compete With Path of Exile - PC Gamer
I doubt Diablo 4 will be free-to-play, and I pray it won't come with a battle pass, but there are plenty of other things that it can borrow from the competition. Most importantly, the agility of other live service games. Path of Exile's seasons, known as leagues, have allowed Grinding Gear to design enough new systems and experiments to cram inside multiple new games. Whenever I think I'm done with it, a weird new league appears and I jump straight into character creation. The leagues haven't all been winners, but then they end and it's onto the next new thing. The stuff that's well-received then gets permanently added to the main game, allowing these experiments to leave an indelible mark.
SKALD: Against the Black Priory - Backer Beta v1.3.0 Available
Finally! The time is here to release the next version of the Skald: Against the Black Priory beta for backers! I'm not going to lie: It feels pretty fantastic to get it out there.
Anthem Deserves to Live On at BioWare and EA - Escapist Magazine
Much has been said about Anthem's troubled development cycle, and now BioWare and EA will reportedly announce the fate of the game's future soon. It's a game that struggled for years to find its identity, but the final result is a surprisingly hopeful, lively one. Despite the dire straits of its opening prologue, in which your nameless Freelancer falls short, Anthem isn't a despairing world like The Division nor a constant space opera like Destiny. Instead, it captures the aesthetic and feel of a humble space western, with players gathering up a posse of Freelancers to hunt down some no-good varmints out along the frontier.
Mass Effect 2 Cut Characters Explained - Gamrant
Recently, BioWare's Mac Walters gave a detailed discussion on Mass Effect 2's cut characters, so here's every concept we noticed in his video.
Nighthawks - The Vampire RPG - Streets Of, Amongst Other Things, Rage
Greetings, all. I hope everyone’s doing as well as possible given the continued hellscape of what I believe historians are already referring to as “2020b” in the hope of being able to start 2021 off on a better note at some point. Of course, if you’re not… that’s absolutely understandable. One of the worst things about modern life, in my opinion and ignoring the BBC’s continued insistence on commissioning new episodes of Mrs Brown’s Boys, is the need to look strong all of the time. It’s exhausting. It’s self-defeating. It perpetuates a feeling that if you’re not, you’re failing somehow.
Corven - Path of Redemption - December 2020 / January 2021 Update
Demo Version 1.3

1.3, the final demo before the Alpha of the game is now ready for download. There aren't any massive changes, mostly some polishing.
Changelog for 1.3:

• combat music will not play anymore after you ran away from an enemy
  • adjusted melee combat distance
  • made melee attack animations and cooldowns slightly shorter to make melee combat feel more responsive
  • fixed bug which prevented you from engaging 2 or more enemies at once
  • fixed bug which prevented you to re-engage enemy you escaped from previously
  • added Margaretha, Arlec and Lava Crawler Portraits
  • some landscape modifications

sobkUy8.png
trololol

Back
Top Bottom