Legend - Hand of God - An Interview with Master Creating

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Our latest feature is an interview with Master Creating as we catch up with them about their upcoming action/RPG Legend: Hand of God to find out about their "Cinematic Combat System" and more. Here's an excerpt:

RPGWatch: Many players associate the term "action-RPG" with "Diablo clone". What distinguishes Legend from the pack of nameless hack & slash games?

Jan Beuck: Foremost, I would name the depth of the story and world of Legend. We went to great lengths to build a compelling and rich world for the game to draw from. In terms of storytelling, Legend will be much more like a real RPG – non-linear, with multiple-choice dialogues and a deep, thought-provoking storyline.
Additionally, we are implementing many innovative features; for example our unique mouse cursor which takes the form of a small fairy – a character in the game world. Not only does it constitute a sort of sidekick to our hero, but it’s also the player’s light source, illuminating the dungeons and casting dynamic light and shadows. And of course I have to mention the Cinematic Combat System…
Read on...
More information.

Good interview - and you didnt let them off the hook for Restricted Area LOL.

Any chance of getting a description of how you control the character? WASD or Diablo?

Just curious. Graphically interesting and of course non-linear is always welcome.

Very good interview Gorath, well done. Not sure if it's really my type of game, but I'll keep an open mind and follow the development!!

Don´t forget I was one of approximately 5 reviewers worldwide who liked Restricted Area. :biggrin:

Controls are Diablo style. The presentation makes the difference because it looks so much more impressive to aim for a really dangerous body part than tickleing an oger´s feet.

Last edited:
A nice interview there.. This game feels intresting, might be worth playing too :)

(looks back to see how badly I eviscerated RA) ... yep, you were one of few who liked it ;)

Nice interview, I hope this shapes up well.

That just makes your Dungeon Lords review all the more puzzling. ;)

What I said was
Restricted Area joins Dungeon Lords in the ‘great idea, messy execution' pile for the year. But while there is a better sense of completeness and polish in Restricted Area, Dungeon Lords is actually fun to play.
And a 3/5 is not a great score ...

It's fun to tease the staff, right!! :)

Looks interesting, i especially like the idea of the cinematic combat, if it delivers on visual differences between fighting different sized mobs. I agree that the same pc combat/attacking animation for a rat and a dragon is just boring/old, something it seems all mmorpg's suffer from, which could be understandable from the resources perspective, but sadly is present in pretty much all singleplayer pc titles as well.

that light source fairy concept seems intersting as well. glad to see SOME developers are still trying new things rather then copy/pasting drivel over and over.

just saw the teaser, love the music and the video, i'm definitely very interested.

throw in non-linear and a good story and this should be interesting, even if the graphics look a bit rough for now.

stop pirating art from other games!

the art for the grass texture seen in those screenshots was stolen from Titan Quest... way to go

Eh, there are a great many public texture libraries around, as well as ones being sold. I know I've noticed sometimes that games use identical sound for minor things - same thing there.

i don't care if the grass if from titan quest, from what i remember the grass was decent enough in that game. what I hope doesn't happen is that they use the stupid oblivion grass. NO game should use that crappy canned solution.

Another interesting detail I read:
DTP hired a high profile producer for Legend. Ralf Adam was also responsible for Gothic 2, SpellForce, Paraworld, Arx Fatalis, Silent Storm, Sacred: Underworld, The Guild and Desperados.

From the screenshots the unnamed hero has his hands full. I hope I can kick em.

Back
Top Bottom