Gothic Gothic 1 - any fix for invisible inventory items yet?

Stabwound

Watcher
I recently installed the original Gothic, and ran into the common bug of having all inventory items look invisible. It's a bit disorienting to play this way, especially if you've never played the game before.

I found references to a fix being "in the works" on this forum, but that was a post from a year ago. Is there any know fix at this point?

Not that I know of, and this issue has been annoying me for a long time. There might be a fix for it, but I haven't been able to dig it up. If you do find it, please post it!

I'm guessing you have an ATI video card right? I used to have the same problem, unfortunately there is no fix for newer ATI cards, they all have the bug with Gothic 1. It has something to do with the way they render the Z buffer or the W buffer, I forget exactly.

The inventory displays fine on all nVidia cards.

I have been told it´s an ATI 1000 series bug. Cards since 2000 shouldn´t have it.

Yup, Radeon x1650.

Well, that sucks. It's a fun game, but the bug is starting to get to me. I have an old Nvidia card, but that's way too much hassle to change the video card just to play a game, and besides, I like forcing maxed AA and FF which makes the game look a ton better. OH wellllll.

The inventory displays fine on all nVidia cards.

Guess I'm just unlucky then - while it's not all outright invisible, it's mostly invisible with some weird display bugs (though items do tend to show, or at least "half show" when I select 'em). Meh, I live, though a fix would be nice. (It's on a GeForce 7600, if anyone is wondering)

You don't really need the item displays, the game is good enough that you can play without it:)

Yep, it's more annoying than anything else, because it still tells you what the item is if you highlight it with the cursor, and it still displays the number telling you how many of the item you have. It just doesn't show the item icon whatsoever.

Yup, Radeon x1650.

Well, that sucks. It's a fun game, but the bug is starting to get to me. I have an old Nvidia card, but that's way too much hassle to change the video card just to play a game, .

Exactly how old is your nVidia card? It only takes about 15 minutes to change your vid card and install new drivers, well worth the effort for a game like Gothic.

I believe I've seen it on nVidia cards as well, but can't recall on which exactly (I've had quite a few computers the past few years).

Just FYI, but I've got the same bug on a nvidia Geforce 7900GT (which isn't new by any means, but not ancient either), so it's not only Radeon and ancient nvidia cards that suffer from this.

It's probably driver related on the GeForce 7. I'm sure thousands of people at WoG played it flawlessly with such a card.

i have a MSI 7600GT but i didn't notice this bug, i guess it must be a problem with the drivers. try fiddling with the profiles with a tool like nHancer or its equivalent.

Back
Top Bottom